117. I Don't Want To Hear Barking

Gu Bai and Mao Dan arrived at the Department of Food and Beverage soon. Many students had come to register, so they saw many people inside the school.

However, compared to the bustling students in other departments, the Department of Food and Beverage had much fewer students.

After all, few people liked cooking, most of which were from decent families or disciples of famous chefs. Ordinary people were separated from the major because they had no way to learn it. Also, they couldn't afford the cost of buying ingredients for practicing.

"Let's register." Mao Dan took Gu Bai to the spot they were instructed to go to.

The registration was simple. They only needed to hand in the admission notice and all the certificates of their identities to the teacher there. Also, they needed the One-Star Chef Certificate.

As long as the teacher confirmed that they had all the documents required, she would give each of them a pass and distribute their classes and dormitory.

"I wonder if we will be in the same class," Mao Dan chatted with Gu Bai while lining up.

Gu Bai replied, "Big chances, I guess."

After all, there were not many students in the Department of Food and Beverage, among which less majored in the Ancient Earth Diet Studies.

It was soon Gu Bai's turn to register.

"Show me your admission notice, ID, and the One-Star Chef Certificate." The teacher repeated the necessary materials patiently.

Since everyone here would probably have a big reputation in the future, the teacher was quite patient and gentle.

Gu Bai handed over the prepared materials except for the One-Star Chef Certificate because he didn't have one.

"I don't have a One-Star Chef Certificate."

As soon as Gu Bai said this, almost everyone's eyes fixed on him.

The teacher frowned upon hearing this, looking at all his rest materials.

Name: Gu Bai; Birthplace: M95 Planet.

M95 Planet? Where was it? Did they have such a planet in the empire?

The teacher then checked Gu Bai's Imperial resident ID. Every citizen of the empire would have an ID when they were born. It would be used for a lifetime and wasn't easy to change.

After confirming his conditions, the teacher believed he wasn't qualified to register here.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you register without the One-Star Chef Certificate." The teacher's attitude changed slightly. Although she still talked nicely, she looked at Gu Bai in disdain.

She didn't know how Gu Bai got the admission notice, but he wasn't good enough to study here without the One-Star Chef Certificate.

"Sorry, Miss. I don't see any One-Star Chef Certificate requirement on my admission notice," said Gu Bai unhurriedly.

The woman hurried to check the information and found he was right about it.

Any admission requirement would appear in the admission notice. If not, it meant the student was not required to have it. However, in that case, it meant the student...

The woman in charge of registration was called Wen Yanni. She stared at Gu Bai's name and tried to think of whether there was a Gu family among the big families. She didn't have a result, wondering how Gu Bai got here. Also, he was from a remote planet. How come he was from a big family?

In case there were things she didn't know of, Wen Yanni didn't embarrass Gu Bai for the time being but checked his information carefully. This time, she noticed that Gu Bai changed his name before coming here, and his former name was Shen Bai.