51-52

Gu Bai had harvested a lot on the trip to the forest in the real world. Although the forest was small and there weren't many edible ingredients, he was surprised to find sweet potatoes there.

It was the same kind he had found in the Second World even if the forest was not the one he had seen in the Second World. However, the existence of sweet potatoes cheered Gu Bai up. He could both eat and use these sweet potatoes as food and seeds, which meant he could plant some on his farm later.

Also, the rattans were edible. After such a long time without natural food, even the rattans were quite delicious for him.

When Gu Bai and the butler dug out all the sweet potatoes, it was already dark, but it didn't affect their good mood at all.

"Master Bai, are they mutated potatoes?" The butler asked as he looked at the sweet potatoes that looked a little similar to potatoes but shared different colors.

"No, this is called sweet potato. Like potatoes, we can take them as the main food, but they are better," Gu Bai briefly introduced.

"Sweet potatoes? I don't think there are any vegetables called that way in our era. Are they eatable?" Butler Gu had been in the Gu family for a long time and he had learned a lot about cooking skills and ingredients.

"Of course. I'll cook you some when we get back. You'll surely be surprised," Gu Bai said confidently.

He had never seen anyone who disliked sweet potatoes.

The butler was also looking forward to it.

Since Gu Bai decided to leave some for planting, they didn't have much to eat.

Gu Bai selected for a while and finally picked up five for eating but left the rest as seeds.

The less he ate, the more he could get in a few months. At that time, he could enjoy as many sweet potatoes as he wanted.

Gu Bai kept telling himself that way as he put the rest in the storage room. The momentary restraint was for the future release. He swallowed and closed the door decisively for fear that he might lose control of himself.

Gu Bai put all five sweet potatoes in the oven. After all, there were no other side dishes, spices, or seasonings. All they could eat was natural sweet potatoes.

Roasted Sweet Potato was classical. People loved it no matter whether they had tried it before or not. Several minutes after they were put into the oven, the fragrance spread all over. Even if Butler Gu was at the door of the kitchen, he couldn't shift his eyes off them.

When the time was up, Gu Bai couldn't wait to bite one. It had been so long since he had chewed or swallowed anything that he was very satisfied.

The butler was hesitant at first. After all, he had never eaten or seen such things before. However, the way Gu Bai ate it and the tempting smell lured him to bite as well. He couldn't stop himself afterward.

The two of them finished all the five sweet potatoes within a short time. Even if they were full, they couldn't help wanting to eat more.

"I didn't expect the sweet potato to be so tasty. It's so much better than roasted potatoes," the butler sighed.

"Of course, it's a delicacy that has conquered countless people on Earth," Gu Bai couldn't help peeking at the storage room, feeling like he should get more immediately.

To prevent himself from eating them, he decided to ripen all the sweet potatoes until they burgeoned. Then he cubed them so that he could plant them on the farm tomorrow.

The third round of the Gourmet Contest was held inside in a few days. As the remaining sixty contestants showed up, their live streams had also started. The audience had waited so long for this moment, so they swooped in and made comments immediately.

[Finally, it's the third contest! Xiaobai, kid, you are the best!]

[I'm looking forward to what Xiaobai will make in this round?]

[I still want to watch how Xiaobai makes Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms. It would be best if he could tell us how to distinguish the eatable mushrooms from the poisonous ones. I picked up some and ate them last time, but Intelligence kicked me out of the Second World after one bite. That's so bad.]

[Oh, man, I experienced just the same!]

[Hahaha, I'm so glad to know that I was not the only one! What a relief!]

[Lucky for me, I tried it in the Second World. Otherwise, I might be in heaven and see you guys there by now.]

[That's so funny. Are you trying to amuse me to death so that you can inherit my XB? Hahaha!]"

[I'm a foodie, and this is the one thousand and first time that I promote if Xiaobai can hold a live stream in the real world so that I can taste some online.]

[Xuan, my boy, I'm here for you! Come on! Do your best!]

[Big news! Big news! Apple Television is holding its first Gourmet Contest today online! And Ting Yu is one of its contestants! I like him! My Yu Shen!]

[Where is Yu Shen? Where is he?]

[Look here, the official live stream of Apple Television.]

[Who would have thought that Apple Television would invite Ting Yu to participate in the competition? It seems that it wants to surpass Tomato Television.]

[Not only Ting Yu. I heard Ling Shen has joined them as well. Apple Television had paid a lot for this! I want to watch his show! Bye, you guys!]

[What should I do now? Oh, my! It's so hard to choose, Xiaobai or Ling Shen? Why can't they compete together? Why don't I have a copy of myself?]

Su Yang and Luo Qigang had been paying attention to the situation in their live streams, especially when they heard that Apple Television had set their first game on today. Somehow, they had a very bad feeling.

As expected, the news had gone wild in their live streams even if they had tried their best to mute many users and blocked many people's accounts. There were so many related topics that many people left their live streams.

No one would believe that Apple Television didn't hire people to broadcast for them.

As the number of their waters became less and less, Su Yang and Luo Qigang felt worse and worse.

"Apple Television did this on purpose. They chose the time deliberately to win our viewers and compete with us!" Su Yang clenched his hands tightly. There was no doubt that he would punch the manager of Apple Television if they were face to face now.

"Our plan must be accelerated," Su Yang said unhappily.

Luo Qigang said, "Even if we change our style and mode, Apple Television will also change accordingly."

By then, their viewers would still be attracted by the latter.

"The main reason is that they have invited Ting Yu and Ling Xuan this time. They are both experienced delicacies anchors who have many loyal fans. Their influences on the food circle are unquestionable! We have to cultivate someone who is as good as them, or we will lose this time."

Speaking of this, their eyes fell on Gu Bai.

If there was anyone in the food circle who could compete with these two people, it was undoubtedly Bai Xiaobai.

They believed that Bai Xiaobai definitely had this potential because he seemed more talented than Ting Yu and Ling Xuan.

However, Bai Xiaobai didn't have many fans, and those he had won during the contest were too limited and not loyal enough to him in such a short time. He wouldn't be good enough to fight against Ting Yu and Ling Xuan for the time being.

Therefore, their main task was to give these contestants more chances to show their talents so that the viewers could know more about them.