37-38

Gu Bai's latest absence content was commented on tens of thousands of times. He could completely feel how much they had complained if he ever opened Facebook.

So, what was Gu Bai doing all these days?

He was on the farm, preparing a further plan of using his farm.

With the money he had earned, for now, he could start to fill the farm slowly.

Although the fringe planet was far from the center of the empire and the economy was relatively lagging, it was much more advanced than that on Earth. Gu Bai was easy to be satisfied. He liked his life here, not to mention owning such a large land.

He wanted to make it a place for people to enjoy all the services together. He wanted everyone on this planet could have natural food to eat and delicacies to enjoy. As for other planets, he didn't take them into consideration.

The farm the Gu family had left him was huge. Apart from the farmland, there was also a hill. If he were on Earth right now, he would definitely be prosperous.

The little part of the land was only for an experiment. Once the crops were harvested and proved to be fine, he would expand the planting area.

Taking a glance at the account balance again, Gu Bai had a feeling that they would soon belong to others.

Money was indeed a good thing. He really hoped they could find their way to his pocket.

...

"We participated in the Gourmet Contest, not a talent show, right? Why did they set an additional contest for us?" Gu Bai looked around and asked Fang Weixuan in confusion.

He was busy on the farm when he received an emergency notice from the contest sponsor.

Therefore, he appeared at the edge of a forest in the Second World. He was temporarily informed to participate in a game that required the contestants to survive in the wild. Nobody would be canceled, but the sponsor claimed they wanted to test how the contestants would improvise and survive in the wild.

According to the sponsor, chefs were required to cook with the ingredients provided and had to learn how to find proper ingredients in the wild to strengthen themselves.

Gu Bai agreed with the conception, but he had never heard that there was such a test in the history of the Gourmet Contest.

First, they made it a live stream, and then, they demanded the contestants to attend this game. Were they sure they were holding a gourmet contest instead of a talent show?

"Because Apple Television has also got the authority of the Gourmet Contest, and they are preparing a similar one to fight against Tomato Television. When they hold the live stream later, some of our audience will shift their attention to them. If Tomato Television loses the battle with Apple Television, they may lose the Gourmet Contest authority. I guess that's why they let us do this," Fang Weixuan explained, spreading his hands.

After getting the authority, Apple Television was very high-profile, not concealing its ambitions at all. The audition it held was much grander than the one Tomato Television had held before. They had also invited many famous chefs and gourmet bloggers to join them.

Its formal competition hadn't officially begun yet. Still, it had aroused many people's interests and put a lot of pressure on Tomato Television. Therefore, the latter had to try to change their game mode.

But Tomato Television had never tried to change before. For fear that the audience wouldn't accept the new mode, they took the first step by sending the contestants to such a game. By doing so, they could both observe how the audience reacted to this and let the contestants fit in the following changes in advance.

"I see." Gu Bai didn't think the game was a big threat to him. Also, he didn't feel resistant to the change of the game. After all, surviving in the wild was the skill he had exercised in his past life millions of times.

However, other contestants didn't share his ability.

There were not many chefs in the interstellar era, most of which were noble ones or apprentices of famous chefs. They had been learning from their elders or masters, so the most suitable place for them was the kitchen.

With enough ingredients and fully-equipped devices, all they needed to do was to follow the recipes they had learned. Some even had help from others to prepare the side dishes. So the last thing they would worry about was where the ingredients came from or where the bowls and pans were.

But now, in the wild, they had to find the ingredients, deal with them, and then cook. Luckily, the sponsors had provided enough seasonings to focus on looking for the main ingredients.

However, such requirements were too much for many of them.

"Why are the sponsors holding such a game? Even if we won't be eliminated, how is it possible that we can look for and deal with the ingredients?" Someone complained.

"I've always cooked with prepared ingredients. How could I know which is edible in the wild? What if I chose the wrong materials?"

"You don't have to worry about that. After all, this is the Second World. Everything can only taste the dishes instead of eating them. So, they will be fine," someone comforted.

But the person didn't feel at ease.

"Even if they won't die for it, they will feel sick, not to mention it may affect their spirit."

"I heard from a friend of my friend who works in Tomato Television, saying that the following competition mode might be changed. So the game is a preparation for the future changing," someone shared his gossip.

"Is it true? Do you mean all our following tests will be held outside in the future?"

"No way! I can only recognize the materials when they are fully dealt with. How come I know how they grow or where they grow? How am I going to find the right ingredients?" 

"We are all chefs who only require excellent cooking skills. Why do we have to look for ingredients by ourselves? That's insane."

Each contestant complained differently, but the watchers were full of expectations.

[I've never seen any food competition like this before. What will happen to them? I can't wait to see.]

[I'm looking forward to it, too. It's held outside. I wonder what they will compete and how.]

[No matter what they will compete for, Xiaobai won't lose. I really expect to see his dish this time. It must be very delicious. When will he hold a live stream in the real world? I want to try them for real!]

[Looking forward to a show in the real world.]

[Why don't we ask Xiaobai to do this for us on Facebook? I can take it even if he only holds it for once. Will anyone join me?]

[I will.]

[Me, too.]

[Xuan, don't let me down!]

[Yu, I can't wait to see your performance and dishes. Love you~]

The audience in the live stream talked much more than before, but Su Yang, Luo Qigang, and the others weren't relaxed at all.

This was indeed a try for them. Whether they could change their mode in the future depended on it.

However, Su Yang firmly believed that with Bai Xiaobai around, his dish wouldn't fail the audience. It was only a matter of time for him to have more fans. If they could add more new things and creativities for the game, more fans would continue to watch their game.