41-42

Senior Zhou was proud that Zhou Lingling was talented in cooking, so he often took her to various diet-related events. Therefore, even if she was still a young girl, her knowledge of diet and groom was even better than some newbies in the Chef Guild.

Given the background, what aroused her interest got Senior Zhou's intention as well.

Although Senior Zhou was one of the managers of the Chef Guild, he had no interest in the gourmet competitions and related live streams because those were too preliminary in his eyes.

"Grandpa, look, what kind of raw material is this? Is it eatable?" asked Zhou Lingling excitedly as she pointed at the thing Gu Bai was holding on the screen.

Actually, she already believed because Gu Bai, her idol, had said so, even if she didn't know what it was called.

Senior Zhou furrowed his eyebrows and looked solemn. He then quickly thought of something and ran upstairs. During the process, he reminded his granddaughter, "Lingling, send me that picture!"

"Oh… Okay." Zhou Lingling was dumbfounded by her grandfather's reaction, but she sent the photo obediently.

Senior Zhou went to the study on the second floor and skillfully opened a yellowing book. The paper looked very ancient and fragile, and the surface of the book was curled up. Obviously, the owner had read it countless times, but the corner of the book showed how much the owner valued the book.

Senior Zhou opened the book a little trembling and turned to the page where he had marked it. Then he flipped through the page, made comparisons, and finally stopped at the middle page.

There was a small picture on the page with text beside it. Senior Zhou contrasted the picture in the book with the picture Lingling had sent him. Although they weren't exactly the same, they were 90 percent similar, so were their fruits.

"The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. The plant is a herbaceous perennial vine, bearing alternate heart-shaped or palmately lobed leaves and medium-sized sympetalous flowers. The stems are usually crawling on the ground and form adventitious roots at the nodes. The leaves are screwed along the stems. The leaf stalk is 5 to 20 inches long." 

"Sweet potatoes?" Senior Zhou muttered as he read the books and saw the screenshot, tears coming to his eyes.

He couldn't calm down until a long time later. Then he called his friend who worked in the Plant Research Institute.

When the race was about to end, Gu Bai and Fang Weixuan found many sweet potatoes and mushrooms. This was the first time Gu Bai saw mushrooms on the interstellar planet, thinking he should plant some later on his farm.

The thought of mushroom soup and Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms made him feel hungry.

Gu Bai decided to pig out at lunch. Unfortunately, they were in the virtual world and could only taste the food instead of eating them.

Gu Bai was depressed about that, but the fans felt worse because they could only smell that. Poor guys.

[I'm curious about what Xiaobai will make this time. Look how much they've got. They'll make a lot of delicious food today.]