69-70

Gu Bai told the receptionist how much he needed and asked when they would send them to him.

Although the pasturing area was not finished yet, Gu Bai had planned a large area to raise tens of thousands of poultry by then.

The poultry he bought today could only satisfy his needs for the time being.

[The receptionist: Where do you want us to send them to?]

[Gu Bai: M95 Planet.]

[The receptionist: Sorry, Sir. The baby chickens, ducks, and goose are too young to bear the long trips. If we change it into an ordinary delivery, it will take a month, so we don't accept remote orders. But the baby pigs, cows, and goats can be sent there.]

Gu Bai was speechless.

He was already fantasizing about how to raise these little cuties, but all he got was such an answer.

He understood that the transportation fee was expensive because the fringe planet he lived on was too far away from the Central Star and other planets. But it didn't mean he could accept such a result.

Previously, when Gu Bai bought other things, although it required expensive shipping fees, nobody had refused his order.

Even if the M95 Planet was remote, it was still a part of the empire. How come the delivery business still didn't operate in the interstellar era?

All of a sudden, he somewhat understood how people felt when they couldn't get what they wanted through the delivery service before doomsday.

Although Gu Bai felt bad about that, the receptionist had made it clear that the baby chickens, ducks, and gooses couldn't bear the long trip. Even if they transport them through the ordinary courier, who would be responsible for feeding them on the spaceship?

It only took about four months to raise the baby ones. If they had to spend a month on the spaceship, that was too much to bear. More importantly, there was no natural grass or bugs on the spaceship, which meant he would have to spend more feeding them with special feed.

[Gu Bai: Then what if I don't want the baby chickens, gooses, and ducks? Will their fertilized eggs bear the trip?]

[The receptionist: That will be. But transportation will bring them side effects and is likely to affect their activity. We can't guarantee you how many of them will make it by then.]

Gu Bai was well informed of the consequences, which satisfied him to continue the trade.

[Gu Bai: I can accept that. How much are they, by the way?]

Probably because the receptionist realized that Gu Bai really wanted to buy and raise these things, he believed Gu Bai was a potential customer and became even more enthusiastic when serving.

[The receptionist: The hatching rate of poultry eggs is about 20%, so the price is 7 XB for each fertilized chicken egg, 8 XB for each fertilized duck egg, and 10 XB for each fertilized goose egg.]

If the hatching rate was 20%, it was much cheaper to buy the fertilized eggs than the baby ones. It was a large mall and the hatching technology was advanced enough. However, he wasn't sure how many of them could make it when they arrived on his planet.

Despite all this, it seemed to be the only choice he had by now.

[Gu Bai: I want 2,000 eggs for each kind.]

He decided to buy a lot so that he could have more living poultry by then. As for whether they would be male or female, he would have to wait.

If there were more male ones, it seemed good to kill them for eating.