43-44

Liu Gaoming didn't dare challenge Xiaobai publicly after the host refuted him, but Xiaobai's ingredients made him feel jealousy.

"Xiaobai, just ignore him. He just envies you. What are you going to make? Let me help." Fang Weixuan left it behind, came to Gu Bai, and expected what they would taste later.

Gu Bai accepted his help directly. "Dig a shallow pit, and find us some clods and firewood."

"I know where to get the clods. But what is the pit for? And what do you mean firewood?" Fang Weixuan asked several questions.

Gu Bai was stunned.

"The firewood is some branches that are slightly dry to be burned. The pit is made so that the firewood could burn fully. Also, we should burn the clods evenly red so that we can braise sweet potatoes later," Gu Bai explained in detail in case Fang Weixuan didn't get him.

Gu Bai was helpless to realize how little people in the interstellar era had known about ingredients. Even the kids on Earth knew these common senses. But here, such knowledge was required to be publicized.

He had further understood how serious the cultural dislocation was in this era.

The long and rich Cerngon food culture was envious and desired by all countries, even on Earth. But now, it became history in this universe. It might take them more human resources and efforts to find them back.

Although Gu Bai himself was like dirt in this world, he was willing to do his best to help trace back to history.

"Alright, I'm on it." Fang Weixuan didn't ask why the sweet potato should be braised. Anything Xiaobai made was brilliant. All he had to do was to watch him make it later.

After Fang Weixuan went for the firewoods, Gu Bai carefully took care of the pheasant, washed its internal organs, and put it aside. Then he cut the chicken into pieces for preparation. Next, he washed the mushrooms he had picked and cut them into proper shapes.

The cooking started. Firstly, he put a wok on the integrated stove with water inside. Secondly, he put the chicken inside the boiling water, scalded them briefly, and skimmed the blood scum on the surface. Thirdly, he washed the wok, dried it before adding oil, and then fried it with scallion, gingers, and garlic. Next, he added the chicken into the wok and kept frying. Finally, he added some sugar and then added water.

When the water was boiled, he poured the water and chicken into a saucepan, added the mushrooms, and kept boiling it over medium heat.

Although the cultural dislocation was severe here, Gu Bai had to admit that the facilities were rich and convenient. The temperature system had helped them control the fire more precisely.

"Xiaobai, do you think these will work?" Fang Weixuan ran over with a bunch of firewood in his arms.

Gu Bai put down the things in his hand, checked if the branches were dry enough, and nodded.

"Then I'll go dig the pit now. Where do you prefer?" Fang Weixuan asked again.

He was very interested in the Braised Sweet Potatoes as well. After all, no one had ever done that before.

Gu Bai looked around and found a suitable place not far away. "There would do."

Despite all these rich facilities and functions, some delicacies would only taste good when they were made in the most primitive way.