127. The Central Star

Start from the beginning

"Our drillmaster is so ruthless to do this to us right after we get here," Mao Dan complained to Gu Bai.

Running for so long wasn't a problem for Gu Bai. It was a must skill when he tried to survive in his previous life. Also, he had the supernatural with wood manipulation. As long as he performed it all over his body for a while, it would ease his fatigue and allow him to keep running.

Therefore, Gu Bai's face didn't turn red and he didn't pant even until now, which amazed Mao Dan.

"Xiaobai, I didn't know you were such a good runner."

"Don't talk and save your strength. We don't know how long we have to run," reminded Gu Bai.

The drillmaster came from the army, so he meant it when he gave the order. Since he wouldn't change his mind in the middle, the students should save more strength to insist on running instead of arguing with him.

Suddenly, someone fell.

Gu Bai subconsciously looked over and found it was Du Xiaoxing, who kept running after him. Right now, Du Xiaoxing was lying on the ground, his face ashen.

"It's Xiaoxing," Mao Dan shouted. He joined Gu Bai and Wen Yan to check on Du Xiaoxing's condition.

Gu Bai touched Du Xiaoxing's forehead and felt his pulse, realizing he fell because he had run too far.

Du Xiaoxing didn't practice much on a daily basis, so he couldn't adapt to such a change all of a sudden.

"He'll be fine. He just needs to take a break," Gu Bai said as he quietly transferred his superfunction into Du Xiaoxing's body.

The supernatural with wood manipulation was with strong vigor. It could not only speed up the plants' growth but also cure people. However, only very few people knew about that.

Gu Bai didn't realize the function until he got hurt when finding food outside in his previous life. However, he wasn't sure if the ability was owned by himself or shared by people of his kind.

He didn't tell others about it because there were risks. If he was the only one who owned the ability, he would be either forced to treat other people or sent to the lab for experiments and anatomical studies.

He couldn't bear any consequences.

He just wanted to live well.

Soon, Du Xiaoqian's face looked a little bit redder, and he wasn't as hot as before.

"What's going on here?" Wang Jianjun came over and asked.

"Sorry, sir, Xiaoxing is not in good health. I'm afraid he can't run. Could you..." Mao Dan explained the situation briefly because Mao Dan wasn't in good spirits to continue.

"Get him into the car," said Wang Jianjun.

Mao Dan and Wen Yan hurried to get Du Xiaoxing into the car, but Wang Jianjun kicked them away and said, "Catch up with your classmates soon."

"Do we still have to run?" Mao Dan felt desperate. He had considered leaving with Du Xiaoxing.

The fast car soon disappeared, and the rest students envied Du Xiaoxing.

If they had known about this, they should have lied on the ground and taken the car as well. Why bother to run?

Unfortunately, it was too late to say that. If they dared to do that, they were sure that Wang Jianjun would make their training miserable.

Initially, they had imagined that their drillmaster might be a nice person, but the fact was their drillmaster was stricter than their headteacher. How were they supposed to spend the next month here?

Gu Bai didn't know how the next month would be. All he knew right now was that he had to hurry to the military base as soon as possible.

Thus, under the leadership of Gu Bai, the three of them ran faster and faster. Now that they had to run along the way, at least they could finish it sooner and get some rest earlier.

Therefore, the three of them passed by their schoolmates one after another and finally came to the front. Those who were surpassed didn't like the result and were motivated to run faster. They didn't want to lose to anyone, especially Gu Bai, the one they believed was a loser.

Under the stimulation of Gu Bai, the students in Class One of the Ancient Earth Diet Studies major finished the 10-kilometer running. After Du Xiaoxing, several girls couldn't bear it and left with the car as well, but the rest of the students gritted their teeth and made it to run to the training base.

Wang Jianjun was surprised. To be honest, he didn't intend to let them run the full distance.

Wang Jianjun gave the order for two reasons. First of all, he wanted to teach them a lesson for not obeying the rules so that he could manage them better in the following days.

Secondly, he could tell the students had no sense of unity. So he wished they could realize how to work as a team after running.

It was out of his expectation that they did a good job. No matter how motivated they were, it was good to know that they could insist.

Ten kilometers wasn't a short distance. The soldiers were cool with that, but it was like a miracle for the students of the Department of Food and Beverage who hadn't accepted any formal training and lacked practice.

Since the students in Class One of the Ancient Earth Diet Studies major created the miracle, Wang Jianjun was very gratified.

If the students knew what Wang Jianjun was thinking at the moment, they would jump up and fight against him even if there would be consequences. They were furious.

They felt that way especially when they faced Gu Bai.

If Gu Bai hadn't run forward crazily, they wouldn't have triggered themselves to go all out and catch up with them.

They felt fine when running. But now they stopped, yet the heat inside their chests made them feel painful and hard to speak. At present, they were not feeling well whether they sat there or lay down.

Running was too scary. They really wished they wouldn't have to do it again.

However, they didn't know yet that running was the most basic part of their training.

"I'm exhausted, feeling like I'm half-dead," a student panted and sighed.

"Half? Well, I'm dying already." Another student lay on the ground and said breathlessly.

It was just the first day of training. No, the training hadn't started yet. If he had already become like this before the training, how could he bear the following days of training? It was scary even though he thought about it.

The student even wondered, "Mommy, is it too late if I want to return to the Central Star now?"