108. Not Be His Fan for a Second

Start from the beginning

Sitting before the table, they were offered a set of bowls and plates for use.

Gu Bai served the dishes as he introduced them and left them enough time to taste.

When making Cucumber Salad, Gu Bai chopped up some spring onions, garlic, and gingers. Then he mixed them with vinegar and some soy sauce. It would be best if he could use some light soy sauce and sesame oil, but he didn't have either of them for the time being.

It was much simpler to marinate the Sweet and Sour Turnips. He added some salt into the turnips so that the water inside would be squeezed out, then he washed them twice for future use. Later, he boiled some white vinegar with water and cooled it. Combined with sugar, he added the turnips into the water. It would take another hour to brew them before they could eat. And it would be more crispy when eating if he had time to put them into the refrigerator for a while.

Since the two dishes both had vinegar inside, they could stimulate people's appetites before eating other dishes.

Not surprisingly, after tasting them, all the judges urged Gu Bai to serve more dishes because they felt more hungry.

Immediately afterward, Gu Bai brought them the hot dishes and main courses.

Braised Pork Ball in Brown Sauce, Steamed Fish, Braised Prawns, and Double-Flavored Chickens were served one after another, each sharing its unique flavor and excellent smell. Anyone who was watching the show could tell how delicious the dishes were and how satisfied the judges were because the judges couldn't wait to finish them.

The viewers were all in great torture. On the one hand, they wanted to turn off their sense of smell to avoid drooling. On the other hand, they felt a loss once they let go of such fragrance.

They really wished they could get through the live stream and be there with the judges. They would be satisfied even if they could only take one bite.

The meat dishes were followed by vegetable dishes: Steamed Cabbage in Supreme Soup, and Mushrooms with Flower Syrup.

After the main courses were all served, it was the turn to the staple food and desserts.

The Glutinous Rice with Jujubes was sweet. The soft rice and the natural jujubes glutinous rice were symbols of having children. It was both a staple food and a dessert.

The other staple food was Propitious Noodles. Thanks to Gu Bai's special skill, there was only one needle in everyone's bowl.

"You have to eat the one needle without stopping. It means the couple could live a life together forever. That's their everlasting love," Gu Bai reminded them of the rules when they were eating.

It was obviously the first time the five of them had heard of the rule, but they accepted it very quickly.

The noodles were chewy and the soup was light. The taste was so good that all of them wanted more even if they were full.

"I want more, please." Yang Xun held his bowl up, facing Gu Bai.

Gu Bai replied, "There is no more."

He only prepared enough for them to taste.

"How come anyone fills their stomach with one noodle?? Yang Xun pouted his mouth, murmuring like a child.

Gu Bai was amused. The Propitious Noodles were made for joy and happiness. Besides, most people would be full after eating so many things before they had the noodles. Nobody would count on staple food to fill their stomachs.

"President Yang, we are still broadcasting the test," Zhou Xingchu couldn't help but remind him.

Yang Xun seemed to have just realized the situation and took back his bowl. Then he aimed at other dishes.

[Haha, I'm so amused! President Yang is still as cute as ever.]

[He's so adorable. The way he held up his bowl was just like my little nephew. By the way, he's only two this year.]

[The older, the cuter. President Yang always brings us joy.]

[Just make him more noodles. Do you see how poor he is? He only has the leftovers right now.]

[President Yang must be thinking, "Come on, do you have to see through me and make it public? I value my reputation, okay?"]

[I can't stop laughing. Are you trying to amuse me to death so that you can inherit my XB, bro?]

[See? They almost fought for the food if they were not in front of the cameras. I bet they would do it.]

[Five old men beating each other angrily. I already have that image in my mind.]

[Hahaha! I have the same image. Oh, I can't stop my laughter! Help!]

[Are you guys insane? Please, count me in! Hahaha!]

After about half an hour, the judges finished all the twelve dishes. The plates were so bright as if they were not used this time.

Seeing Gu Bai looking at the table in shock, President Yang Xun and the others coughed awkwardly.

"In view of our common evaluation, you've passed the assessment!" President Yang Xun personally announced, "Congratulations on your successful passing of the Four-Star Chef Test. Here is your Four-Star chef badge and certificate."

Under the witness of the people of the whole empire, President Yang Xun personally put the badge in front of Gu Bai's chest and handed him the red certificate.

Not only the five of them but also the audience felt like they had witnessed a great victory. Even Shen Liangxu and Fang Weixuan's fans who argued loudly joined the fun subconsciously.

Ever since Fang Weixuan said that he was not the contestant but knew the one, his fans could tell that the contestant was his close friend, which meant it was surely not Shen Liangxu. Therefore, they left Shen Liangxu's fans aside but turned to support Gu Bai.

After all, everyone knew that Fang Weixuan and Shen Liangxu were competitive in the viewers' eyes because of their similar age and family background. Given the same reasons, they were never close to each other.

Given the above, the talent contestant was definitely someone else.

However, no matter how the fans urged Fang Weixuan on Facebook, wishing he could expose the contestant's identity, Fang Weixuan kept it a secret. The fans were so annoyed that they decided to quit his fan group for a moment.