Chapter 72

Chapter 72

(Kaneki Ken)

"Kaneki? Hey! Kaneki!" Touka-chan snapped her fingers at me.

And I came back to reality.

"What the hell's up with you?" She asked, angrily.

"U-Uh.. Nothing. Anyway, I need that book." I said.

"Huh? Why?" She asked.

"That book.. It's the reason why I killed Yukari's father." I stated.

"What?!" She exclaimed, surprised.

"Yeah.. One is to stop his operation but, I also killed him to prevent him from spreading that book. I know that it would be a huge step for humanity but, if Ghouls knew about it, there's no way they wouldn't take action!" I stated.

"You're right.."

"Seijo Gaitou.. Yukari's father is a good man. He's a man dedicated to his people but, I can't forgive him if he's putting his daughter's life on the line to save humanity! What kind of father would do that to his own daughter?!" I yelled as my emotions burst.

Touka-chan's eyes slightly widened in shock. She was speechless.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Her lips formed a smirk and she snickered.

"Nothing. It's just that, the former Kaneki's really different from now. He used to think that Yukari's just a prey but now, he even puts his life on the line just to save her. You've gotten really soft, haven't you?" She said as she lightly punched my chest.

I felt my cheeks turning pink. I really did change my opinion about Yukari.

"That's good. Your stubbornness is gone so, what are you waiting for? Go and do what you need to do." Touka-chan said with an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, thanks, Touka-chan. I'll make it up to you one day." I said as I smiled at her.

"Heh. Who needs your pity, dimwit?" She said as she walked away while chuckling.

I rushed towards the exit but, while I was rushing, I accidentally bumped into Yukari. She stumbled and fell on the floor.

"Ow.." She exclaimed.

"Heh. Look at where you're going." I said with a ridiculing smirk.

She looked at me with a glare. Pfft.. She looks like a child. I stretched out my arm to help her stand up.

"Hurry up." I with my hand hanging for her to get up.

"You're such a meanie. You didn't even say sorry." She said while pouting because she's annoyed.

"You're being a klutz so, there's no helping it." I teased with a smirk on my face.

"Ah! Come to think of it, you're good at academics, right?" She asked.

"W-Well--"

"You have to help me!" She said.

"Huh?"

"I hate to admit it but, I still sucked at Math. So, you gotta help me!" She begged.

"What? Go ask Touka--"

She put her hands together and bowed.

"Please do me a favor!" She said.

"Since you're already here and I didn't want to bother Touka-senpai.." She reasoned.

Well isn't this a rare sight. Yukari is bowing with hands clapped together. I took my phone out and shot a picture.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, frowning.

"You said you need my help, right? Let me keep this picture." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Argh! Fine! Just don't show it to anyone else!" She said.

"Heh. What a souvenir. You just lowered your pride with this." I smirked in a ridiculing way.

"Shut up! I hate you! Just help me out!" She yelled.

"Beg for it." I ordered.

She turned to me, rolling her eyes.

"Tsk.." She clicked her tongue.

She bowed down and said:

"Please!"

Hehehehe.. That's the way I like you to play, stupid girl.

"Okay, now I'm gonna teach you." I said.

It wouldn't hurt to skip a day for that book, right? It's probably fine to go tomorrow.

(Seijo Yukari)

We're in my room, sitting on the floor with our books on top of the small table. I decided to stay the night in Anteiku because Aniki won't be home today. Rather than being lonely all day then, I'd rather study with someone else.

But, that doesn't mean it had to be Kaneki-kun, okay?! Touka-senpai's just too scary..

"Alright. Let's start." He said as he flipped the book open.

"Okay." I nodded enthusiastically.

Now that I think about it, this is the first time that Kaneki-kun will teach me. He looks so mature and cool when he's serious..

"Linear Equation is composed of X and Y variables-- Hey, stop staring and listen you pitiful math slow learner." He scolded.

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Ah! Y-Yeah!" I said, looking at the book immediately.

He cleared his throat and returned his gaze at the book. Waah.. Even if his eyes are fierce now, his eyelashes are long. How cool.. Moreover, he's sitting close to me..

"I'll continue. In cases like this, you have to look for the standard equation where X + Y is = to a constant number."

I can smell his cool scent.. His refreshing image is really nice.. When I focus on his lips which are opening and closing because he was speaking, my heart goes wild.. It looks so sexy..

His voice is like a soft killer.. It's calm and mesmerizing but, it sounds sexy and hot as well..

"Hey! Get a grip, will you?!" He angrily reprimanded.

I once again snapped out of my thoughts. Argh! Yukari, what the hell are you doing?!

"I agreed to teach you not to make you into a pervert. Do you really want me to teach you or not?" He asked in an angry tone.

"S-Sorry.. I won't do it again.." I said as I apologetic as I could.

"Geez. Get serious already, idiot." He said as he flicked my forehead.

"Ow.." I rubbed my reddish forehead.

"Now, let's go back to the Linear Equation." He said.

I listened to him carefully and made sure that I won't be tempted by his amazing and hot looks. I studied the formulas and solutions to solve the math problem.

"You have two equations. 3x + y is = to 6 and 2x - y is = to 9. Find the value of x." He said.

I calculated and solve the problem using the elimination method. Ah! I got it!

"X is = to 3!!" I energetically and excitedly answered.

"Finally, you got it." He said as he gave out a sigh.

"Yay!" I jumped for joy.

"Hey, calm down. We're not yet done. You still have Quadratic equations." He said.

"Eh?!"

"I'm surprised that you got that Linear equation thing only now. It means that you're only on the level of 6th grade." He snickered as he made fun of me.

"Shut up! How dare you insult me! FYI, I'm only bad at math!" I protested.

"Heh. Just admit that you're an idiot." He teased.

"Argh! Just shut up!"

I threw my book at him.

End of Chapter 72