Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Would there be a Ghoul who wouldn't harm humans? After all you've done, you think I'll trust you so easily?" I asked glaring at me.

"Yukari-chan, Anteiku was mainly established to create a peaceful atmosphere here in the 20th ward. We help our fellow Ghouls and all of us here are comrades. Our purpose of letting you stay here is to protect you." Yoshimura-san said.

"You say that for you to deceive me and devour me later on." I said.

"Hey, brat. Do you want to stay alive or what?"

I turned to Kirishima-senpai who looks really pissed off.

"Ghouls attacking you at a random hour will be frequent. With your scent, they can easily track you and eat you." She said.

"Stay here in Anteiku or you'll be eaten soon." She said with a glare before leaving the room.

"Sorry for that rude behavior. I understand that you can't trust us anymore but, I insist for you to stay here." Yoshimura-san said.

"Take your time in healing. I'll see you later." He said as he quietly left the room.

Why do they want me to stay? What is the reason they want to protect me?

Is it for them to devour me soon? I don't know what to do anymore..

I can't recklessly go outside or I'll be attacked again.. My parents are gone.. Who's gonna help me? Mom.. Dad.. why did you leave me alone..?

I placed my hands on my face as I cried. I was feeling pain and miserable. It really hurts..

Many hours have passed and I haven't stepped a foot outside the room. I was merely lying down sidewards and staring at a blank space. I am in no condition to think positively.

I don't feel any hunger but, I feel weak. I have nothing left.. Maybe killing myself would be the best..

I looked at the small table and there was a vase with flowers. I slowly reached for the vase.

Feeling weak, the vase unexpectedly slipped out of my hands and fell into the floor. It crumbled to pieces.

I took its shard and made a tight grip into it.

Ow.. It cut my skin.

The blood dripped down to my arm. I slowly placed the shard on the side of my neck where the Carotid Artery is located.

Yeah.. This is a real good bye. If I die, the problems that I will face will no longer exist.

All of the things which happened will vanish.

No more Rose Apple.. Fruit of Immortality.. Ghouls.. Yoshimura-san.. Kirishima-senpai..

A tear slipped out of my eye.

No more school.. Friends..

And even..

Ken...

This isn't suppose to be sad.. I should be happy for I will see my parents in heaven. I want all of this to end.

Ahh.. I decided this already..

Farewell...

I slightly pushed the shard into my neck and pulled it roughly, cutting deeply into my skin.. I felt the blood spurted out of the side of my neck.

I began to fall and I couldn't move my body at all.

Ahh.. It hurts.. But, this is the end.

As I felt myself falling, I saw a man with white hair running towards me swiftly. My eyes began to blurry and I'm starting to lose consciousness.

Oh, Kaneki Ken..

With this fast speed, he caught me from falling but, I couldn't feel his fingers. I couldn't feel his touch..

My body felt heavy.. I can't move.. I don't feel anything..

His mouth was opening and closing.. He was saying something but, I can't hear anything..

I tried to read his lips.

Yu..Ka.. Ri..

Is that what he was saying..? Was he saying my name..?

I... really am going to die, aren't I?

How pathetic.. I haven't even told him about my feelings.. There are things which I still wanted to do with him..

Argh.. Kaneki Ken.. Don't make me regret.. My decisions...

My eyes felt heavy. My eyes were forcibly closed and in an instant, everything turned black.

I really am dead..

(Kaneki Ken)

"Yukari! Oi!! Wake up!"

I shaked her body roughly. The blood was still gushing out of her neck and it wouldn't stop.

"Yukari!! Hang in there!!" I said.

Her eyes were already closed and her body slowly started turning cold.

"Manager! Touka-chan! Help me!!" I cried for help.

What can I do?

Think, Ken! Think!

After a few seconds, an idea popped in my head.

I can manipulate my RC cells. That's right, I hope this works!

I bit my finger and let is bleed casually. I let the blood drip into her neck. I tried to concentrate and materialize my RC cells into her neck.

It formed a small clot over the wound.

"Kaneki!"

Touka-chan and Yoshimura-san appeared behind me and were breathing heavily.

"What happened?!" Touka-chan asked.

"She tried to commit suicide. Examine her quickly!" I said.

"I'll take her to the nearest hospital." I said as I carried.

"No."

Manager disagreed.

"Why?" Touka-chan asked.

"Don't you think they would have biggest suspicion about us? Come to think of it, people don't believe in the Rose Apple. If the public will know about that, they will take Yukari-chan as their specimen. You will lose Yukari-chan." He explained.

"But, what am I suppose to do? She will die at this rate." I said.

"Look at her, Kaneki-kun."

I looked at her. Her color slightly returned. She wasn't as pale as before.

"You already saved her." Yoshimura-san said with a smile.

What..? She's already alive?

"Also, she being the Rose Apple helped her to regenerate. She probably didn't cut it as deep as she thought. But, if you weren't there, she probably would've died of blood loss."

I felt relived and happy. A tear slipped out of my eye.

Eh? Why is it falling?

It continued to roll down and it won't stop.

"What the heck is this?" I asked with a shaky voice.

Yoshimura-san went to me and patted my back with a smile.

"I'm glad she's saved. This time, you were strong enough. You did a great job." He said.

I smiled at the thought of Yukari living. It's been so long since I've felt a light emotion.

I felt like a big stone was removed out of me. Is this the feeling of relief?

It feels really nice.. I'm glad Yukari is alive.

End of Chapter 10