Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(Seijo Yukari)

Little by little, I felt my senses waking up. I opened my eyes and I saw the ceiling on top of me.

Out of nowhere, Hinami-chan appeared on top of me with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning!!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Mm.. Yeah. Good morning." I greeted back.

"How's your sleep? Is it good?" She asked as I sat up.

"Pretty much." I said as I placed my hand on my stomach.

I remembered Touka-senpai punched me hard on my stomach. Well, it's good that I'm alive, though.

"I made breakfast for you, onee-chan!" She said as she placed the tray with food on my lap.

"Oh, thanks. You're very kind." I smiled.

"Uh-huh! Well, Kaneki-onii-chan told me to cook for you, though." She smiled.

What..? Kaneki-kun did? I ate my breakfast.

"How is it? Is it good?" She asked excitedly.

"Extremely good." I replied.

Well, it has less seasonings, though. But, whatever works for me. Then, I heard someone coming in. It was Touka-senpai.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine.." I replied still weary of her.

"Sorry about before." She said.

"It's fine.." I said with a fake smile.

"Anyway, that guy called Takasuma.. Don't go near him, okay?" She said as she left the room.

As I finished my breakfast, I stood up and walked out of my room. On the way, I saw Kaneki-kun with his head down. He's staggering a little bit. Something's wrong?

"Kaneki-kun." I called.

He didn't respond and just walked passed me.

"Feeling well..?" He asked faintly.

Did he talk to me? Happiness sprouted in my heart like a spark.

"U-Uh, yeah! Thanks." I said nervously.

"I see.." He said as he staggered away.

"Wait, Kaneki-kun." I said.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine." He replied with his usual tone.

As I thought, he would answer like that though, he's not. But, it was unusual for him to greet me..

Suddenly, I got a text from Kai-kun.

---Text Message---
(From: Kai)

How are you feeling? I hope you're doing well. Well, I'm recovering from the wounds Kirishima-senpai gave me so, there's nothing to worry. I want to see you soon.. ☺️ Take care. 😊

---End---

I see so, Kai-kun is doing well.. I wonder why Touka-senpai is so angry about Kai-kun.. He's a good guy, right?

---Text Message---
(From: Me)

I'm glad to hear that you're fine, Kai-kun. I'm doing well too! 😄

---End---

---Text Message---
(From: Kai)

Yukari-chan, when you get to school tomorrow or any day, I would like to tell you something.. I'll be waiting, okay? 😊 It's important and it's about my feelings. I don't want to bother you, though. So, whenever you're available, I'll come and see you. 😊❤️

---End---

Hmm... Now I'm curious.. I'll go to school tomorrow. Anyway, it's making me nervous and I can't calm down.. What if.. He asks me to be his girlfriend? What am I gonna do..?

Geez.. What am I thinking? I'm being too delusional! But, if Kai-kun does ask me to be his girlfriend.. Am I gonna accept him.. or not?

What?! Hahaha! Stupid Yukari! Why wouldn't I accept him? He's a gentle man, kind, generous, handsome, and has the best assets! Why the hell would I not accept him?

In my opinion, he's the complete opposite of Kaneki, the white-haired bastard who murdered a lot of people! I absolutely don't care about that gruesome life of his!

It'd be such a waste to not accept someone so perfect in my life. Well, in regards to Kaneki, dispose him already! Yukari, I'm so proud of you, you're using your brain. Haha!

Eh? But, where did Kaneki come from? Why are you even thinking of him? Ah! It must've been because you hate Kaneki so much! Haha! Yeah! That's it!

(Kirishima Touka)

As I was washing the dishes, Yoshimura-san approached me with a worried look on his face.

"Touka-chan.." He called.

"What is it, Yoshimura-san?" I asked curiously.

"Will you please deliver this to Kaneki-kun?"

He gave me a parcel. What the..? It feels soft. I know what this is. It's meat..

"Why?" I asked, surprised.

"He's been acting odd since awhile ago. He's like.. feeling bad." He explained.

"I don't understand.." I said, confused.

"At any rate, please give it to him." He slightly smiled.

"Alright." I said.

I went on my way to the secret, underground basement of Anteiku.

End of Chapter 23