Chapter 13

Chapter 13

We sat down on the table.

"I recommend eating burger steak. It's the best here." He said.

"Uh.. Whatever works for me." I said.

He smiled and ordered it. He only ordered for one person. Soon, the food came and it looks really delicious.

My mouth watered as I looked at the juicy meat covered with thick sauce. I took a bite and..

Oh My GOODNESS!!! It's so delicious! I chewed it and it's so soft. Yum! I noticed him looking at me with a satisfied smile.

Maybe he wanted some?

"You want some?" I asked.

"No, I'm good." He said.

"Why did you order for only one person?" I asked.

"For you to eat, duh." He said in monotone.

"Huh? You could at least get something for yourself." I said with a frown.

"Have you forgotten? Ghouls don't eat human food." He said.

His expression changed into a sad one.

"The burgers that I used to love are not edible for me anymore.." He said.

"But, how can you survive without eating?" I asked.

"It's better if it was kept hidden from you." He said.

I flinched from him saying that. I felt scared as I remembered he was a Ghoul.

"So, it means.. I can't enjoy the food with you, huh?" I made a faint smile.

As I was holding the fork with a piece of meat, Kaneki-kun held my hand.

"That's not true." He said.

He pulled my hand that was holding that fork towards him and bit the meat out of it.

"W-Wha?! You just ate the meat!" I exclaimed surprised.

He chewed it for like 10 times and made a pleasing expression like he really enjoyed the food.

"H-How is it..?" I gulped as I was thinking that he will say it is bad.

"Impressive. The meat is tender, juicy, and really has a flawless flavor. We should eat here often." He said.

"Huh?!" I exclaimed.

I thought, Ghouls can't handle human food? Are they fine as long as they eat meat? I don't get it!

Suddenly, he flicked my forehead.

"Idiot. I lied." He said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"For us to mingle with humans, something like that is basic. Of course, I meat I ate was so disgusting. It was like eating a raw, and rotten fish that died a few weeks ago and the sauce was like some toxin was mixed with it. Ugh, I feel bad." He said.

"Then, you shouldn't have ate it, dummy." I said.

"But, aside from that, it means that we can enjoy a meal together." He said.

My heart raced. Why is he being like this? Not too long ago, he was very cold towards me and now, he's becoming gentle. What's wrong with him?

"W-What will happen if you eat human food?" I asked.

"It will affect my health." He replied.

"Then, you really shouln't have ate that!" I said worriedly.

"As long as it doesn't start digesting, I'll be fine." He said.

"Wanna see how I keep myself from being harm by human food?" He smirked.

"Eh?" I exclaimed.

"First, you put about 2 fingers reach your throat--"

He placed two of his fingers inside his mouth.

"Okay, I get it. Stop that disgusting act!" I said as I stopped him and looked away.

Really, he has no shame at all! He chuckled.

"How foolish. There's no way I'd show that in front of you, stupid." He laughed.

I can see that he's laughing out a lot this day. It made my heart skip a beat.. Perhaps.. The Ken before might return..?

I want to see him happy.. I want to see the Ken I knew back then..

After eating, we spend a lot of time chatting and it turned dark. We were walking side by side at the street. Then, he stopped walking. We stopped in a dark street where there are no people.

Woah.. This looks pretty scary, huh? Wait, this isn't the way back to Anteiku.

"Hey, shouldn't we get going?" I asked.

He turned to me but, he was not revealing his face. I felt tensed and danger.

"K-Kaneki-kun..?" I peered at him carefully.

Immediately, my instincts told me to run.

I took a step back, slowly beginning to shiver. I had an ominous feeling. I started running but, he caught me with a limb growing from his back.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

Crap! What the heck?! I struggled but, the grip is becoming tighter.

"K-Kaneki-kun, you know that this is a very bad joke!" I said.

"Heh." He snickered.

He threw me into the wall. I hit the wall very hard and fell into the ground. Blood ran down from my head to my eye.

I moaned in pain. He walked towards me. He's insane..!

"Kaneki-kun! Come back to your senses!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?" He chuckled.

He bent his knees to face me who was crawling on the ground.

"What's happening to you..?" I asked with sad eyes.

There must be something bothering his head.. I must help him.. I must save him..

I cupped his cheek to express my worries towards him. I did not mind the wound he caused me. I don't care about the pain.. I just need him to come back to his head..

"Kaneki-kun.. What's wrong..? You.. can talk to me.." I said with as I forced myself to smile.

He smiled gently at me as he held my hand that cupped his cheek. I felt delighted as I thought he was finally coming back to his senses.

"Kaneki-kun, you heard me--"

He made a very tight grip on my hand. His smile turned into an evil grin and his eyes were full of killing-intent.

*Crack!* *Crack!*

My fingers snapped as his grip was very tight.

"Aaaaah!!" I screamed in pain.

Tears overflowed in my eyes and they began falling down. What the heck is going on with him?! I grimaced in pain. I balled my fist and began hitting him.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

He chuckled evilly.

"Are you actually trying to hurt me with those puny punches?" He laughed.

He made a tighter grip on my hand.

*Crack!* *Crack!*

"Ughhh!!!" I grimaced in pain.

It's as if he was trying to crush my hand completely by using his hand. It hurts! Save me! Save me!

"P-Please.. stop.. I'm begging you.. Come back to your senses, Kaneki-kun.." I said as I cried.

He laughed evilly again. He was totally ridiculing me.

End of Chapter 13