Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Vroom!* *Vroom!*

The sound of the car echoed through the place. Ah, today I'm moving out. It's not exactly my birthday as of now cause' I was born at exactly 11:11 pm.

It's a rare occurrence and I think that it's special, hahaha! So, as of now, I'm still 14 years old! I'm so young!

"Yukari, hurry up!!" My mom called me.

I rushed towards the door and went out. I looked around the place. Then, I saw the lake in front of our house.

"Yukari, come inside the car." She said.

"Wait a second, mom."

I ran towards the field surrounding the lake. Ken and I used to play here. Holding the teddy bear which Ken gave me as a present from my birthday three years ago, I embraced it tighter.

A tear fell from my eye as I began to reminisce the old days. We were neighbors and we played here all day..

There was one time when we found a four leaf clover and I gave it to him as a lucky charm. Ahh.. It was so nice..

I promised him that no matter what happens, I'll wait for him, right here.. But, it seems impossible now.

I'm sorry, Ken. I couldn't fulfill my promise..

"Yukari!" Mom called.

I wiped my tears and went towards the car.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting. Let's go." I faked a smile.

She patted my head gently and smiled. As soon as I got in, the car zoomed to the roads. I texted all my friends, saying that I'm leaving and I will miss them all. I really wanted to stay, though.

"Mom, is 20th ward a nice place?" I asked.

"Yeah. There's rarely an accident and they all said that it was the most peaceful ward." She said.

"Ohh.." I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Yukari. You'll get used to it soon. By the way, your Daddy will come to our new house. I don't know what time, though." She said.

"Really?!" I exclaimed, delighted.

"Yeah. He intended to buy it for us because he knew he will take us with him there." She said.

Wait, what?

"You mean, it was purposely bought for us? You planned it from the start that someday, we will live there?" I asked starting to get annoyed.

"A-Ah.. T-That's--"

"Seriously? Why didn't you tell me? Tch." I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Yukari.."

"Argh.. Whatever. I don't care anymore."

I placed my hand that's resting on the arm rest on my chin. Looking at the sceneries passing by, it made me incredibly tedious.

Soon, it made me fall asleep. I fell into dreamland.

(Dream)

I was running, and breathing heavily. Just what am I running from?

I looked back and I saw a scrawny looking boy with black hair. Peering carefully, it was Ken!

Wait, what's that from his back?

I saw some red limb looking things growing from his back.

Arms?!

Hiieeek! It looks so deadly! It can cut me anytime!

I increased my running pace and hid behind the wall. That was Ken?!

No.. Why would Ken be like that?!

My fast heart rate would not stop. My fear and tension are both rising. I was sweating and breathing heavily.

It's so dark.. It's scary..

"You think you can get away from me?"

I looked at the direction where it was coming from.

Above?!

He jumped down and landed perfectly.

"Yu-Ka-Ri." He said with an evil grin.

His red eye was staring at me intently. I gulped in fear.

His four red, deadly arms suddenly hit the wall, engraving it deeply on both sides.

Shoot! He cornered me so quickly. Feeling nervous a tear fell down from my eye.

"Aww, crying already? I haven't tasted you yet." He said as he chuckled.

"W-Why are you doing this?" I asked crying.

"Because, I want to." He answered nonchalantly.

"But, Ken would never do this to me! Ken is always gentle! He would never harm me!" I shouted at him.

Then, a girl with purple hair appeared behind him. She was embracing him again.

"What are you doing, Kaneki-kun? Your food is already served." She giggled as she whispered on Ken's ears.

"Don't listen to her, Ken! Get away from Ken!!" I shouted at her.

"Kaneki-kun, hurry up. It's bad manners to keep it waiting." She said.

"Ken! Don't listen to her!!" I held his shoulders.

Suddenly, Ken bit my arm. Blood spurted out. My eyes widened to see the blood.

"As I thought.. You're delicious. I will DEVOUR you."

He pushed me towards the wall and bit the side of my neck.

The blood splashed and dripped down. I panicked as I felt pain and I knew I was being eaten.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed.

"Yukari!"

My eyes opened to see Mom holding my cheeks.

"Yukari, are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

I immediately felt relived. Tears ran down my cheeks and embraced her.

"Mom.. I'm so glad you're here!" I said as I cried.

"Don't worry, Mom is here. It's just a nightmare." She said as she hugged me and comforting me.

Before I had noticed it, the car already stopped and we were already in the 20th ward.

You mean, I was dreaming the whole trip?

It was the 12th time that I was being eaten by Ken..

"Let's check our new home?" Mom asked with a smile.

I looked at her and faked a smile.

"Okay.." I said as I wiped my tears.

We went inside our new home. We started arranging our things inside. It's unexpectedly simpler than our old house but, it's fine.

I decorated my room with all the cute things that my friends gave me. And of course, I put up me and Ken's picture together.

I have a new home now, Ken..

Speaking of which, who was that purple haired woman? Although she's really beautiful, she's also scary. It seems that she's the one pulling the strings.

"Yukari!" Mom called.

I went to Mom.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I just received a call from your Dad. He says, he will be back tonight at 10 pm."

"Really?! That's great!"

End of Chapter 2