Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Soon, my senses slowly woke up. I slowly opened my eyes for it to adjust to the light.

"Oh, she's awake!"

I heard a little girl's voice. I saw a girl with short, brown hair looking at me with a smile.

I slowly sat up. I looked around and found myself sitting on a bed.

Where am I? Why am I here?

"You're in Anteiku."

I looked at where the voice came from. I saw a girl with black hair standing on the entrance of the room. Her bangs covered almost half of her face. She had a furious look on her face. Wait, it was Kirishima Touka-senpai!

"K-Kirishima-senpai?!" I asked.

"That's right." She said still giving me her usual glare.

Then, an old man came in.

"Oh. Have you slept well? How are you feeling?" He asked me.

At least.. He looks kind.

"I-I'm fine.." I said.

"By the way, this girl here is Hinami-chan, and that girl over there is Touka-chan, and I'm the manager Yoshimura." He gently introduced.

"N-Nice to meet you.. I'm--"

"Seijo Yukari. Yes, we all know." Kirishima-senpai said.

"How?" I asked.

Yoshimura-san chuckled.

"Before I explain everything, I want you to meet the man who brought you here safely." He smiled.

I stood up and went with Yoshimura-san. We went into another room to see..

The man with white hair. He was only wearing pants with a towel on his neck, revealing his upper body bare.

The Centipede!!

Anger rose inside me. I quickly searched for my dagger and it was lost!

Where is it?!

"You..!!" I said as I glared at him with hatred.

He looked at me expressionlessly.

"I will never forgive you, you bastard!!"

I balled my fists and aimed for his face but, he reacted very fast and caught my fist.

"Calm down, Yukari-chan." Yoshimura-san said.

"How can I when I'm in front of this murderer?!!" I asked roughly.

"Murderer? Hahaha.. No, he saved you." Yoshimura-san said with a smile.

"What?" I asked.

"Kaneki Ken. Nice to meet you." The white haired man said in monotone.

Huh..?

HUUUH?!!!

My eyes widened as he finished introducing his name.

"K-Kaneki Ken?" I asked shocked.

He nodded.

"You're KANEKI KEN?!!!!!" I exclaimed.

"Well, I shall leave you two. Have fun." Yoshimura-san delightedly walked away.

"You don't have to shout, dumb ass." He said.

D-Dumb ass?! Ken would never say that!

"You're not Ken! Stop lying, you bastard! Ken has black hair, and has an angelic face! You look like a demon! Plus, Ken is very kind! You're not Ken!" I proclaimed.

"Believe it or not, I'm Kaneki Ken." He said.

"You don't even know me so, how are you Kaneki Ken?!" I asked.

He sighed and looked at me.

"Seijo Yukari. Fifteen years old. Born in April 9. You were exactly born in 11:11 pm. You loves sweets and you're good in academics, and sports. When we found a four leaf clover, you gave it to me as a lucky charm. You hate bitter and scary things. You also sucked at Math during the 3rd grade--"

"There was no need to tell that I sucked! Anyway, what was the promise I made back in 11th ward at the field? If you can answer it, I'll believe you!" I said.

"Ahh.."

He chuckled and he looked at me.

"You promised to wait for me at the field no matter what happens." He said with a slight grin.

Tears are forming in my eyes. I was finally reunited with Ken..

My body was about to embrace him but, something stopped me.

My hatred for him.. He killed my parents..!

"Why did you kill my parents..?" I asked looking down as I cried.

He was drying his hair with his towel.

"Why the hell would you murder..?" I asked crying.

He wasn't answering.

"Answer me!" I yelled.

He didn't speak a word and just kept silent.

"Do you.. think.. I'll accept you again as the Ken I know..? How do you think can I trust if you killed my parents?!!" I shouted.

"I don't need your trust." He said.

I looked at him surprised.

"It was my mission to kill them in the first place." He said as he turned back.

"But, you murdered mercilessly! You didn't even hesitate to kill them!"

His eyes shifted at me and glared at me.

"I don't care. Besides, shouldn't you feel more grateful? You wouldn't be here if I hadn't kill." He said as he started walking away.

"How come you're Ken..?" Tears are dripping on the floor.

I balled my fists. He started wearing his shirt and finished it soon. It was like, he wasn't paying attention to me at all.

"Ken.. is kind.. He would never kill.. He will never harm me or my parents.. He cares for his friends very much.. Although, he is scrawny and sometimes a dork.. He would never do anything bad to me.. Why are you Ken..?" I looked at him.

He didn't say a word.. I got angry and very sad. I couldn't stop my tears.

"Give me back the Ken I knew.." I mumbled.

His eyes shifted at me. I pushed him and grabbed his collar.

"Give me back the Ken I knew!!" I yelled as I cried and shake him roughly.

"You know what..?"

He grabbed my hands and overpowered me. He roughly pushed me towards the wall and pinned my arms.

"You're so annoying." He said with a glare.

"Where's Ken?!" I asked.

"I am Ken." He said firmly.

"Why are you so different?! What happened to the gentle Ken that I knew?!" I asked.

"What the hell are you talking about? I am Ken. People change easily. You can't expect me to stay an idiot forever." He said.

"But if you were Ken that I knew, he probably stayed the same!" I stated.

"However, you're biggest mistake is, I am not the Ken you knew. I am different. I am no longer a human. I am a Ghoul. You can't change the fact that I have become a murderer by asking were the hell Ken is. There's nothing you can do. The Ken you knew probably died years ago. Just accept the fact that Ken is now a murderer. Moreover, a Ghoul." He said trying to engrave it in my brain.

He released me and walked away. His eyes were the coldest I've seen. I felt weak. I fell into my knees as my tears flowed out of my eyes.

End of Chapter 7