Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When I woke up, there was a bandage wrapped around my arm. I removed it and the wound which was caused by the Ghoul gad already healed. I was on a simple room but, I was certain that I'm not yet back home.. I slowly sat up on the bed.

Ugh..

What happened last night?

I remembered the events last night. Oh, that's right.. Ken was the one who came to save me..

But, it was forcefully saved and not by care.

"Oh, you're awake, huh?" Ken said as he was leaning on the wall.

I looked at him and as usual, he was looking at me with his cold eyes.

I have a lot of questions that I want to ask him.. I don't know where to start.

"Hey.." I said.

"What?" He asked.

He looked at me with his scary poker face.

"Do you have any idea what Rose Apple means?" I asked.

His eyes widened a little bit. It seems that he was shocked. Then, he smirked and chuckled.

"What the heck. You don't know?" He said.

He walked towards me. He sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Have you heard about the Golden Fruit of Immortality?" He asked.

"No.. Was there a fruit like that?" I asked.

"You really don't know anything, do you?"

He chuckled again.

"Rose Apple is a fruit which contains the sweet smell of a Rose and the heavenly taste of an Apple dipped in perfection. It was called the Golden Fruit of Immortality for it is said to give you eternal life." He explained.

"But, what about the Ghoul saying that I'm a Rose Apple?" I asked.

"It is because, a certain human with an ability to regenerate is born every 8 decades. And, that human will be you. You are like the fruit for us, Ghouls. Your alluring sweet scent like that of a Rose and the special taste of your flesh lures us. And, you know what, your blood is able to make us stronger and your flesh makes us immortal." He said.

"W-What are you talking about..?" I asked.

"Even now, it makes me want to eat you and finish you like a cheesecake." He said as he licked his lips.

I felt terror so, I swallowed.

"Don't kill me.." I said.

"Well, it's a good thing that I'm not hungry."

He leaned back on the chair.

"Or else, I would've eaten you without hesitation." He smirked evilly.

I felt scared as I remembered that he killed someone again last night.

"Tell me.. What really happened to you?" I asked as I felt sad.

"It has nothing to do with you--"

"It does! I need to know! I need.. to know where Ken really is.." A tear slipped out of my eye.

"Hmph." He exclaimed.

He crossed his arms.

"Fine. I'll tell you." He said.

"3 years ago.. There was a woman I admired. She had beautiful, long, purple hair. Her face was angelic and the way she acts was so gentle. She was matured. It was a coincidence that we had the same favorite author who was Takatsuki Sen. I was looking at her every time I could see her here, in Anteiku. There was one day when she caught me looking at her. I began to know her name.. Kamishiro Rize was the name I could never forget.."