Chapter 22

Chapter 22

(Kirishima Touka)

When I got back to Anteiku, I placed her on her bed gently. She's still unconscious but, she'll probably wake up a few minutes later.

Suddenly, Kaneki came in. His face has the usual expression. I analyzed his face more carefully and I noticed that the moment he looked at Yukari, his eyes were carefully examining her, unconsciously plastering worry on his face.

He was worried for her, huh?

"Touka-chan.. You did this?" He asked.

"Sorry about that, she was pretty stubborn." I said.

"Well.. I don't mind but, maybe you should.. be more careful next time." He said.

"So, did you have a fun time?" I asked as I teased him.

"What?" He asked as he couldn't understand.

"Your stalking ability was fabulous." I giggled.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You liar. I clearly saw you walking on the streets, watching over them. You were even at the scene where I almost beat Takasuma to death." I stated with a chuckle.

"S-Shut up.. That was a coincidence. Besides, I don't care about her.." He said as he turned his back on me.

"You.. You're still an ally of people, right? If you were one, why didn't you stop me from beating him up?" I smirked.

"Why would I stop you? He's unnecessary--"

"Exactly. He's unnecessary and that's why you wanted him to be eliminated as soon as possible." I said.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" He asked.

"In other words, you wanted him dead because you were jealous." I smirked.

"W-What?!" He exclaimed.

Haha.. Got your tongue. You reacted too much, Kaneki. You clearly like Yukari.

"Kaneki, you don't have to hide it because I already know it. You wanted Yukari all to yourself because you like her." I stated as I patted him.

"No, you're wrong.."

His left eye sparked a little red.

"I wanted her all to myself because I want nothing more than her flesh..!" He stated with a psychotic smile.

I slapped his cheek strongly, making him face to the side because of the impact. I reverted my arm back. He held his cheek and looked at me, surprised.

"T-Touka-chan..?" He asked.

"Sorry. But, I was getting annoyed." I glared at him.

I turned to Yukari who was unconscious.

"You lie as if you treat Yukari as nothing more than food but, in truth is, you actually care for her so much. It just irritates me because you keep on spouting nonsense but, nothing of that is true." I stated with my arms crossed.

"Touka-chan, you don't understand what you are talking about." He said.

"YOU are the one who doesn't understand what you're saying. You're just fooling yourself, Kaneki!" I yelled in anger.

"I'm telling you, I don't care for her!" He yelled back.

Hmph.. This guy.. I'm starting to hate the way he looks at things. I don't want him to turn into a guy I don't like. I don't want him to turn like Jason of the 13th ward.

Now is the time to test his real feelings. I went to the table where Yukari's dagger is placed. I unsheathed it. In its blade shown my face.

I turned to the unconscious Yukari. I pointed it at her. Yukari's reflection was there on the blade.

"What are you trying to do, Touka-chan?" He asked.

"If you won't answer me honestly and continue with your stubborn act, I'll stab her." I glared at him.

He glared at me.

"Now, do you care about her?" I asked.

He continued to glared at me silently.

"Not speaking, huh?" I scoffed.

"Why do you need to kill her?" He asked.

"I just really want to know if the old Kaneki would be back. I don't want to see you turning into the Jason of the 13th ward. Besides, if you don't care about her, ending Yukari's life will probably be the best for her. And, you wouldn't really care, right?" I asked with a smirk.

He didn't answer and stared at the blade.

"Do you really care about her?" I asked once again.

"I don't." He answered firmly.

Huh..? I thought, he was gonna say that he cares. What the heck? So, he really does not care? And, with those eyes? I can see that he really is serious.

"Fine. A deal is a deal." I said.

I took my arm up, preparing to stab her. I applied force into my arm, I was preparing myself to feel the cutting of Yukari's flesh. I waited for the second to feel the dagger passed through Yukari's ribs and pierce her heart.

I'm sorry, Yukari. Good bye.

I closed my eyes because I felt pity for her.

*Thud*

Suddenly, I felt something cold under my hand, stopping me from reaching Yukari's chest. I slightly opened my eyes to see Kaneki's hand under mine, inhibiting me from killing this unconscious girl.

The blade was between his fingers and he was applying a strong grip on my hand. I got irritated and forcefully jerked his hand away.

I scoffed at him.

"Hah! I thought you didn't care about her! So, you were just acting? How pathetic!" I scoffed.

"Enough, Touka-chan." He said.

"In the end, you were all talk. Why didn't you just become honest?" I smirked.

"I said, Enough!" He yelled.

His cold eyes met mine and glared at me with a murderous intent.

"If you do this again, I won't let you off. Even if it's you, I will make sure that anyone who lays a finger on Yukari will get no mercy from me. Do you understand?" He said with a scary glare, as his left eye shone a little red.

"Tch.." I averted my eyes from him.

He walked out of the room. Honestly speaking, for a second thought, I felt a strange feeling I haven't felt in ages.

And that was fear..

It's my first feeling fear from him. He really did change.. He's not a wimpy human anymore. He's really changing into a Ghoul..

End of Chapter 22