Chapter 55

Chapter 55

(Seijo Yukari)

We mainly chatted about books of Takatsuki Sen and he's really knowledgable in this criteria. He also told me that he's a Gourmet. That's cool but, knowing that he's a Ghoul.. I don't know what to say.

But, he's been kind to me and he even protected me from Kaneki-kun's attack. At any rate, maybe he's reliable but, if things become serious, I have my blade within me.

Soon, the coffee arrived. I can smell its sweet and minty aroma.

"It has a nice smell." I complimented.

"That's good to hear. This coffee tastes the best and it leaves me coming back for more." He softly chuckled.

(Tsukiyama Shuu)

She took the cup by holding the handle within her fingers. She placed them before her lips. There it is! That's where it all begins! Go on, drink! Drink!

I unconsciously let out a smirk. Then, she looked at me surprised, inhibiting her from taking a sip from the coffee.

"Tsukiyama-san?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Ah.. It's nothing.. I'm just feeling a bit curious as to why you were smirking like that. Ahahaha.." She scratched the back of her head.

"It's nothing to worry about. I'm just glad that I can ease you from your anger just a while ago.." I lied and faked a smile.

"Oh. I see." She smiled.

"Go on, and drink the coffee while it's still warm then, tell me your opinion about it." I said.

"Okay." She answered.

She brought the cup to her lips and poured it slightly. I watched her throat move as she gulps the coffee. I smirked at the thought. In thirty minutes, you'll fall asleep and your sweet and heavenly taste will all be savored by me!

Hehehe..

"So, how does it taste?" I asked with a smile.

"Great! It's very delicious!" She said with a pleasing smile.

"That's good." I smiled back.

The clock started ticking and running.. I'm so excited.. I'm sure that Kaneki-kun and Kirishima-san are looking for Yukari by now. Try and get her.. My mansion has a scent diffuser that will erase Yukari's sweet scent as long as that machine is activated. Let's see if you can get her from me...

Fufufufu..

(Kirishima Touka)

We both tried tracking Yukari's scent. That idiot! She never learns! How many times does she have to get in trouble for her to understand that it's totally dangerous!

Argh! Seriously! I want to punch her just for once! We can't sense Yukari and we can't follow her scent at all! Damn it!

I looked at Kaneki and he was too focused on searching. I bet he's nervous.

"Kaneki! Any signs of Yukari?" I asked while we run in search for Yukari.

"No. It's no use. I can't track her scent nor feel her presence." Her said as sweat ran down his face.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, worried.

We stopped for a while to think. Then, Kaneki's eyes widened. Then, he seriously looked at me.

"I think I know a way." He said.

"Follow me to Anteiku." He said as he led the way.

I nodded and obediently followed him. We reached Anteiku in a couple of minutes and found Irimi-san.

"Irimi-san!" He called, rushing.

"Ara, ara. What's wrong? You seem in a hurry." She said with a smile.

"We need your help. Please come with us." Kaneki said as he begged.

"Eh? What for?" She inquired.

"Yukari's in danger and we have no way of telling where she is located. We need you to sense her presence." Kaneki stated.

"That's not good! Let's hurry and look for Yukari!" She said as she ran out of the shop.

We were about to rush out when I suddenly heard rustlings before us.

"WAAAAAAIIIIIITTTT!!!" Hinami-chan came running towards us.

"Hinami?!" I exclaimed, surprised.

She stopped running to catch her breath.

"Can Hinami come too?" She pleaded.

"No, it's too dangerous." I said.

"But, I want to help Yukari onee-chan! I don't want her to die!" She flailed.

"I said, no--"

"Hinami-chan can come." Kaneki said with a smile.

"What?! What do you think you're saying--"

"It's fine, Touka-chan. Leave the rest to me. I won't let anyone die." He said with a smile.

It was the same smile before, when he left for a while.. It's melancholic, and lonely.. It's clearly visible that he has gone through something tragic..

"Tch.." I exclaimed.

I walked forwards.

"Do what you want. But, Yukari's life is at stake right now and I don't want to lose anyone." I said before resuming to run.

"Thanks, onee-chan! I promise, I won't be a burden!" Hinami said with enthusiasm.

We continued searching for Yukari. While running in the town, we met a problem. We don't know where to search since there are too many paths to take.

"Where should we start?" I asked, looking at Kaneki for an answer.

"Of course we can't take it one by one. We don't have time." He said, thinking.

"I can't sense Yukari at all. But, I do have a feeling that I can sense Tsukiyama." Irimi-san said.

"Tsukiyama-san?" Kaneki said.

"Yeah. He's kilometers away but, I slightly feel his presence." Irimi-san stated.

"Irimi-san, amazing!" Hinami said.

Irimi-san smiled at Hinami.

"Alright. Let's follow Tsukiyama-san. We might be able to get a clue about Yukari's whereabouts. After all, we saw her talking all friendly with him." Kaneki said, as calmly as he could.

But, I caught his fists making a tight grip and are shaking in anger. You're quite good in hiding your anger in your tone but, not good enough.

"Actions speak louder than words." I teased him with a smirk on my face before I resumed running.

"What do you mean by that?" Kaneki asked as he ran beside me.

"Nevermind. You'll deny it anyway." I said, smirking.

"Geez.. Touka-chan, you sure say some weird things." He said while, being embarrassed.

"You're too easy to read, idiot." I said.

Honestly.. I don't feel really good teasing him like that. Rather, I feel irritated that he's acting that way when Yukari's in danger or whatever it is. Ugh.. I hate this feeling!

"Tsk." I can't help but, click my tongue in irritation.

End of Chapter 55