Chapter 94

Chapter 94

(Seijo Yukari)

I read the book which Ayato-kun left me. And all that he's been saying were the truth.. Not a single lie contained in his words.

I hanged my head down to think calmly. Should I join Aogiri..? But, it hurts me to leave Kaneki-kun.. I love Kaneki-kun and that will never change..

I don't know if it's true but, Ayato-kun said that Kaneki-kun has the same feelings as mine. I mean, I'd be very happy to be with him.. Wouldn't I meet my happy ending?

However, something stops me from thinking that..

I don't deserve happiness..

I've caused a lot of trouble for Anteiku. Just being the Rose Apple makes me a major problem. Many people sacrificed their lives and many people suffered..

And it's all because of me..

It's all my fault why they're suffering..

Mixed emotions flowed through me as I rethink of a decision.

I don't want to leave Kaneki-kun..!

This is your punishment..

I recalled Ayato-kun's words in my head.

This is all your fault..

No, shut up..! I covered my ears as my eyes began to feel teary.

You cannot love Kaneki..

The tears fell on my cheeks while I covered my ears. I don't want to believe it..! There's no way this is the end..!

Out of irritation, I threw the book away and it hit the wall. I covered my ears and cried.

"Shut up..!!" I screamed.

I opened my eyes and gritted my teeth. This all a dream..! A nightmare! Everything's just a nightmare!

I felt a slight pain in my chest. My heart squeezed in pain.

Kaneki-kun.. It hurts..! Where are you..?

Save me..

Please save me.. Kaneki-kun..!

I ran my fingers through my hair, not knowing what to do. The tears rivered down to my face.

Kaneki-kun..!

I leaned on my chair as I felt exhausted. My eyes automatically closed and darkness embedded over me.

---Dream---

I was in a very white space with nothing in it. I looked around to see if there's something I can find.

"Yukari.."

That soothing and gentle voice..! I know it, it's Kaneki-kun! I turned around to meet him. He was standing there with a serious look ok his face.

Without a second thought, I ran towards him and embraced him with all my might.

My tears fell on my cheeks as I felt happiness. Kaneki-kun is right before me!

"Kaneki-kun..! I knew you it! You'd come to save me..!" I said as I tightly embraced him.

"You won't leave me again.. Right?" I asked as I looked up at him.

My expectation is high that he won't leave me again. He's never gonna leave me and that's his promise..

"I'm sorry.." He said as he held my shoulders.

"What..?" The smile from my face disappeared.

"I cannot love you.. If you and I will stay together, you'll die.. I don't wish to hurt you or me.. That's why, it'll be better if we separate." He said as he broke from my embrace.

"Wait..! You'e not joking right..?" I asked with my voice quivering.

"I'm sorry.. But, I have to leave.. Farewell." He said as he started walking away.

"Wait! Kaneki-kun..!"

The more I try to run after him the more he walks away farther.

"Wait..! Don't leave me!" I yelled.

He completely disappeared from my sights. I stretched out my hand in hopes of catching up with him. I felt weak as I fell on my knees.

My tears slid down from my eyes.

"Kaneki-kun...!!!!" I screamed.

No! It can't be! He left me..! Kaneki-kun!!

Suddenly, someone placed his hand on my shoulder. It was warm and big.. It feels so manly. Kaneki-kun..? Is that you? You'll not leave me, right?

Wishing it would be Kaneki-kun, I turned my head.

My hopes were destroyed when it was Ayato-kun who held my shoulder. He kneeled down in one leg and sincerely looked at me in the eyes to face me properly.

"Yukari.." He called.

"A-Ayato-kun.." I said looking at him, confused.

"Come with me.." He said as he stretched out his hand for me to hold.

My eyes widened as I was surprised. My mind immediately became clear. My body moved naturally to take his hand. Just an inch before I touch his palm.

But, I suddenly felt terrified, making my eyes open in an instant.

--End--

When I opened my eyes, I felt something cold on my cheeks. I touched it and those were tears.. I was crying..

I was about to take Ayato-kun's hand.. Don't tell me.. I'm willing to join Aogiri..?

The book which I threw caught my eye. I went over it to pick it. Then, I noticed that there's a note hidden at the back page.

It's from Dad..

---Note---

Yukari, my daughter. I have nothing much to say to you but.. Whenever you're in trouble, I'll be here.. I'm always watching over you.. Your Mom and I will always be your ally..

Remember that, we love you so much..

You are our precious gift.. Our life..

---End---

This note brought me to tears. Those words that I longed to here from my parents..

Dad..! Mom..! How could I forget?

"I love you too, Mom and Dad.." I whispered under my breath.

I will always love you too..

That's why, this time.. I'll make my decision.

Avenging your deaths is clearly impossible for me.. Because the man who killed you is the man I love..

That's why, I'll compensate and forget about him..! I'll be the one to take one that pain..

I'm so sorry, Kaneki-kun..!

End of Chapter 94