Chapter 83

Chapter 83

(Seijo Yukari)

Suzuya-kun and I started walking back to CCG head quarters. When we were walking he kept on humming and walking energetically.

"The moon is so pretty! The perfect time to kill!~" He exclaimed.

He's creepy.. I felt terror so, I reduced my pace and walked behind him. Suddenly a question run through my head.

"Suzuya-kun, why have you become an investigator? You're still young and all.." I said.

"Hmm. Maybe it's because I'm special? Haha!" He said.

"Err.. Can you be more specific?" I said.

"Maybe it's because I was raised by a Ghoul. Not really raised but, held captive. And it's thanks to her that I forgot the feeling pain." He said while smirking creepily.

"U-Uh.. Okay.." I said as his smirk shut me up.

"What about you, Yukari-chan? You're not Amon-san's daughter, right? Where are your parents?"

"Um.. I lost them.. I don't have parents anymore.. Sorry, I don't really wanna talk about it.." I said as I hang my head down.

It still hurts when I remember their death..

"Sorry about that.." He said while his cheerful smile disappeared.

Suzuya-kun knows how to feel sorry? Wow.. That's a new.. Despite his attitude a while ago, Suzuya-kun must be kind somewhere too.

"But.. I think you have a great family." Suzuya-kun said.

"Eh?"

"Don't you consider everyone around you your family?" He said.

"And also, I'm here!" He raised his hand high.

I giggled at his weird behavior.

"I can be your big brother!" He suggested energetically.

"But.. I have an aniki already and it's Amon-san." I said.

"Wrong! He looks too old for aniki! Call him your otou-san! I'm the aniki!" He declared with his hands in his waist.

"Why do I get to be the imouto when we're at the same age?" I asked.

"Because you're smaller!" He said.

"What? We're about the same height!" I said.

"No, look closely!"

I stood in front of him and he measured his height to mine. I realized that he's really taller than me. But, only an inch.

"See, an inch difference! I won! I'm the aniki!" He celebrated peacefully.

Bah.. He's so childish. But, he's a good guy.

"Plus, I'm smarter than you! I'm an investigator and you're a high school student!" He said.

I averted my gaze. I feel insulted but, I think it's okay. That's true.

"Fine, fine. You're the aniki already." I said as I shrugged.

"Yeah!"

Soon, we reached the head quarters I went inside the room.

"Good night, Yukari-chan!" He saluted with a bright smile.

"Good night, Suzuya-kun." I smiled.

"Don't cry, okay?" He said while gently patting my head wearing a childish smile.

"Yep, I won't." I giggled because he acted like a kid.

"See you tomorrow!~" He yelled as he ran away.

He doesn't care even if he's being noisy. But.. He's kind.. I'm just scared that he'll turn into a killer if he actually finds out that I'm the Rose Apple and how I'm connected with Kaneki-kun.

Before I go to sleep, I brushed my teeth and opened the television. I heard from aniki's conversation that a lot of corpses were found in the library.

TV: There was a big accident that occurred just a while ago. A group of Ghouls about 4 or 5 attacked the library in an unknown cause. According to the librarian, the sole survivor of the case, a Ghoul in black leather jacket and black boots was the main reason why the people are killed. And, another Ghoul appeared and fought with the Ghoul in black. It has a white hair and four limbs growing from the back. The inspectors verify that it was Centipede who fought with the mysterious Ghoul who's been committing murder cases since last week.

Centipede?! So, it's Kaneki-kun?! But they said, he fought with the Ghoul in black so, maybe he was trying to help?

TV: According to Special investigator, Shinohara, the Ghoul in black is said to be seen at the battle between CCG and the Aogiri Tree. So, he concluded that he is a member of that organization.

That Ghoul is from Aogiri Tree..? It couldn't have been Touka-senpai's brother, right?! I dialed Kaneki-kun's phone number and called him.

Pick up, please! Pick up!

Suddenly, someone spoke at the other line.

Him: Hello?

Me: Kaneki-kun!!

Him: What's up with that tone? You look troubled.

Me: Are you hurt? No injuries or what?

Him: None. Why are you calling me and how did you know?

Me: You're in the news, right now! And you fought with an Aogiri member!

Him: Yeah, why?

Me: Argh! You didn't tell me! What if you get hurt?!

Him: It doesn't matter, right? Besides, I can be independent and you can't. You don't have to worry about me.

Me: Argh! You're so annoying!

"Kaneki.." I heard a low but, angry tone over the line.

Him: Bye.

Me: Hey! Wait!

*Toot!*

Ugh... He hanged up. Anyway, at least, it's nice to hear that he's fine. I'll see him tomorrow at school again.. I sighed in relief.

End of Chapter 83