Chapter 34

Chapter 34

(Kaneki Ken)

By the time it was 10 pm, I went back to the hospital and went inside Yukari's hospital through the window. I felt relived seeing her breathing fine..

This time, I brought some flowers. They're Dutch hybrid Irises.. I placed the fresh flowers on the vase. I haven't forgotten your favorite flower. Thinking of that made me smile unconsciously.

I took the chair and placed it beside the bed. I sat on it and slightly leaned to her side to see her face clearly..

I moved her bangs which was covering her face. She has such smooth skin.. It has gotten smoother than before..

Just by merely looking at her like this makes me feel calm. I wonder why.. I felt like this too when we're together since we were children. Maybe it's because we're close to each other?

Man, I wish you'd wake up already. But, don't worry, I'll stay with you till' morning..

I held her hand and the coldness was immediately transmitted into mine.. I'll keep you warm so, you don't have to worry, okay?

I looked out for her for many hours and made sure no one came till the sun rises. I'll make sure that she's protected well.

I felt a little nauseate because of lack of sleep and exhaustion. I need Amon-san to come here for you. The sun rose and I heard footsteps drawing near. This will be a goodbye for now, Yukari.

I'll see you later..

I released her hand and went out of the window.

(Amon Koutarou)

As I went inside the room, I saw some fresh flowers of Dutch Hybrid Irises. I can tell because they smell nice and sweet and the water's still clean.

I looked at Yukari and she seems slightly happy? Her face contains peace and relief. Was someone here before I came?

Suddenly, I noticed her finger twitched. Woah.. I went to her side and held her hand. It's warm.. It's like someone stayed over to hold her hands enough to make it warm like this.

Just who on Earth is that person?

(Kirishima Touka)

It's another same old day.. But, I yawned as I went to the changing room to change into my cafe uniform. When I got out, I saw Kaneki walking back to his room.

Where did he go a while ago?

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked.

"Hospital." He replied.

Oh, so he visited Yukari.

"How's she?" I asked.

"Still like that." He replied.

"Geez, your replies are so short. Anyway, don't do anything reckless." I said.

"I won't." He said as he was about to get in.

But, wait something bothered my mind. I went to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Have you eaten anything since last month?" I asked.

"Huh?" He exclaimed.

"I noticed that you're not hunting. You're also not craving for some flesh or whatever despite having Rize-san inside you. What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"To be honest.." He turned to me with a serious face.

"Since Yukari gave me her blood, I felt stronger than before.. There was something more than the blood.. Not only I felt stronger but, it feels like I'm full of energy.. I don't know.. When our lips touched, I felt a zap that surged through my body and.. Ugh.. I can't explain it.." I said as I groaned.

"Hmm. That's interesting." I said with a slight grin.

"Geez, I'm not playing around, Touka-chan." He said.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I just told you that it was interesting." I said as I walked away.

End of Chapter 34