Chapter 24

Chapter 24

When I got down, as usual, I can see Kaneki training so hard. His sweat was splashing as he moves and books are everywhere the place. Just how much does he want to become stronger?

As I watched him train, something did not felt right. Based on his expression, he was clearly suffering. He was breathing heavily, his eyes looked tired, his expression looks like was didn't rest for a month.

He moves a little sluggish. Is it just my imagination? Well, let's test it out. I took a small stone from the ground. I concentrated my strength into my arm and threw it full strength.

Surprisingly, he was hit on his cheek and it drew a small abrasion. A little blood flowed out..

If it was the usual Kaneki, he could have evaded it without effort or he could have caught it with his hand.

"Kaneki." I called.

He looked at me, panting and catching his breath. He was really tired and haggard.

I gave him the parcel. He looked at it, surprised. Then, he felt a little angry.

"What's this?" He asked.

"I was told by Yoshimura-san to give it to you." I stated as I crossed my arms.

"Tell him, I don't need it." He said firmly, putting the parcel back to my hands.

"You need to take it. We're worried about you." I said.

"When did I ever say, I need that? You don't need to worry about me because I hunt every now and then." He explained.

I noticed the wound on his cheek. Supposedly, it would have healed within a second but, now it hasn't even healed. It's still there..

"Kaneki, will you tell me what's wrong?" I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Why do you look like that? You look so tired. You look in pain, you look like you're suffering. Why is that?" I asked.

"Nonsense. I have always looked the same. I'm perfectly fine." He said.

"Oh yeah? Then, why hasn't that wound on your cheek healed? If you're perfectly in condition then, that wound should've healed seconds ago!" I said.

"I said, I'm fine! Enough of your nosiness." He stated with an irritated tone.

I got angry. I was only trying to help him but, he's not accepting it. Ugh! You piss me off you little brat!

"Fine! Just die on your own! The Kaneki before was better! I wish you didn't change.. The Kaneki before was an idiot but he was the kindest.. Way better than you, a piece of sh*t who doesn't even consider the feelings of his comrades.. Go ahead and suffer alone!" I shoved the parcel on his chest intimidatingly and angrily.

I stomped back, angrily. I left him, looking in pain.

*Thud!*

Suddenly turning back, I saw Kaneki lying on the ground. He collapsed?! I hurried back to him. I ran towards his side and shook his body.

"Hey, Kaneki! Wake up!" I yelled as I tapped his cheek lightly.

He won't open his eyes. Just what happened?!

"Hey! Kaneki! Wake up, you idiot!!" I yelled as I shook his body once again.

Hang in there, Kaneki! I wrapped his arms around my neck and held his body up. I ran as fast as I could to meet Yoshimura-san.

"Yoshimura-san!" I called.

"What is it, Touka-chan-- What happened?" He asked as he saw Kaneki unconscious.

"He suddenly keeled over!" I stated.

"Come, let's take him to his room."

He took him to his room. Yoshimura-san examined him.

"Why does he have a wound on his cheek? Shouldn't it have healed since awhile ago?" He asked as he was confused.

"That matter is what I don't understand."

He placed two of his fingers on Kaneki's neck to feel his pulse. His expression turned surprised.

"Why is his pulse weak?" He asked.

"W-What?" I exclaimed.

"Kaneki-kun is.. in a critical state." Yoshimura-san stated with a sad expression.

What?! Kaneki is in a critical state?!

No way..

What will happen to him?

(Seijo Yukari)

When I entered the classroom, I saw Kai-kun sitting on his desk as he was happily chatting with his friends. The cool and refreshing aura was still around him. I can see that he has recovered a lot and that's a good news.

Suddenly, he noticed me and smiled sweetly at me.

"Yo." He greeted with a cool smile.

"Y-Yeah.. Good morning." I said as I smiled back.

"Are you free later?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am." I replied.

"Then, see you at the tree where I'm always resting on, okay? I'll wait for you there, after classes." He said.

I simply nodded in agreement. This is really making me nervous and at the same time, excited. But wait, I wonder why I didn't see Touka-senpai a while ago morning.

End of Chapter 24