Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I cried, not knowing what to do anymore. I lost hope..

I lost my parents.. and now, I lost Ken too..

What am I hanging on for?

What should I do..?

I balled my fists and gritted my teeth.

"Oh. This isn't what I expected to happen."

I looked back and saw the manager, Yoshimura.

"Would you mind coming with me?" He asked.

I slightly nodded and wiped my tears away.

We went into a room where all the other staffs, except Ken are present. I sat at the couch.

"What is your impression of Anteiku?" Manager asked.

"A peaceful store.." I answered in low spirits.

"This will not be a good news for you but, I think you should know." He said.

I looked at him as I waited for him to continue.

"All of the staffs here are Ghouls." He said.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened slightly in shock. But, anger dominated me and gritted my teeth as I balled my fists.

"What the hell..!" I stated angrily.

"Calm down, Yukari-chan." Yoshimura-san touched my shoulder but, I quickly jerked his hand away.

"Don't touch me with your filthy hands!" I shouted.

"Hey! You brat!" Kirishima-senpai said, getting ready to attack me.

"It's okay, Touka-chan." Yoshimura-san said.

"Take me back... Take me back to my home.. I don't want to be with you, filthy murderers.." I'm so angry to the point I cried.

"Filthy..?" A voice echoed through the room.

We all looked back and there was Ken standing, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

He placed his arms on his sides and normally walked towards me.

"What do you call humans who commit crimes?" He asked looking at me with a furious glare.

I couldn't answer and averted my eyes.

"But, you mercilessly murdered my parents! They are innocent people! You guys are monsters! Get away from me!" I yelled.

"Monsters, huh?" He chuckled.

He crossed his arms again and looked down at me.

"Do you know what's going to happen to you that time? Do you actually know what your parents are gonna do to you?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked still angry at him.

"Heh. You don't know? You're so naive. You were actually used as a bait to lure Ghouls and when they come closer, they kill them. If we are monsters, then, what are they?" He asked as his face gets closer.

"Tch.." I exclaimed.

He smirked and stood back up again.

"You insult us like that when you're worse than us. We kill to survive. It's our nature to devour humans. But, that doesn't mean that we kill when we want to. It is, we kill when we have to. But, how about humans? You kill us like we're pests. You crush us like ants all because we have killed a few people. Isn't that worse than an animal?" He smirked.