Chapter 50

Chapter 50

(Seijo Yukari)

We got called by the teacher and we were asked to carry some books back to the library. The teacher gave me the same amount of books as Kaneki-kun. I carried them in my arms and they were unexpectedly really heavy.

We both walked on the corridor, on the way to the library. He's still silent.. But, this books are really heavy that's it's slowing me down.

He's already 3 meters ahead of me! For goodness' sake! Don't you know how to be gentle and wait for me? Damn you..

He made a turn, leading to the library and he really left me! Ugh! What the heck? You actually left me here, all alone? Stupid Kaneki-kun! You're the worst!

I looked down, feeling annoyed and dejected. Somehow.. It's really making me sad, seeing him avoid and treat me like air..

I continued walking, looking down. Sheesh.. You're so moody. Sometimes you're kind, sometimes, you're cute, and sometimes, you're too cruel. Just what the heck is your real personality--

I was too immersed with my thoughts that I didn't notice that there was a person in front of me and I bumped into him.

"Watch where you're going, idiot."

I looked up to see who that person was. It was surprisingly Kaneki-kun.. I looked at him with a gloomy expression.

"What?" He asked, annoyed.

"You didn't even wait for me.." I mumbled, sadly.

"Because you're too slow." He said with a frown.

"Hmph." I pouted and looked away for him to see that I'm annoyed at him.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue.

Looking away, I suddenly felt that the things in my arms felt light. I looked at Kaneki-kun and he had already taken most of the books from me.

"There. Now you can walk faster so, don't you fall behind, slowpoke." He said as he turned around.

He can be gentle sometimes too. Well, he is an intricate one after all. A weirdo, in conclusion.

"Idiot Kaneki.." I whispered.

"What?" He asked as he didn't hear my voice.

"Nothing! I said, make it fast." I said as I brisk walked, getting ahead of him.

"You don't tell me what to do." He said as he walked faster than me.

I followed him until we reached the library. We approached the librarian. She looked like she's in a hurry, though.

"Excuse me, here are the books that we borrowed." I said as I placed them in front of her.

"Wait! I'm sorry but, could you please put that back in the shelf? I'm gonna get something important right now! I'll leave the shelf number here so, you would know where to put it. I'm so sorry! Bye!" She said as she rushed out of the library.

Well, at least she has some instructions left to us. I took the paper and went to a shelf where a book was indicated to. We both started putting the books back and it was silent again. Just a while ago, we were racing and now, it's gotten awkward again.

Then, there's one book located in the upper part of the shelf. And of course, I'm not that tall. I took the ladder and placed the book on it carefully.

Suddenly, a student passed by and I lost my balance on the ladder. It shook and I'm about to fall! I waited for the pain to rush on my body as I shut my eyes closed.

But.. I was stopped midway.. When I opened my eyes, I was already caught in Kaneki-kun's arms.

"U-Uh.." I didn't know what to say.

"That bastard didn't know how to move carefully." He exclaimed, glaring that the guy who just knocked into the ladder.

"T-That's okay.. Thanks for saving me.." I said, nervous and shyly.

I felt my cheeks burning as I was still in his arms.

"T-That was nothing.." He exclaimed, looking away.

His cheeks are flushing pink.

"It's my job to protect you after all.." He continued, shyly and bashfully.

Suddenly, his eyes widened as if he experienced fear and remembered something bad. He suddenly dropped me on the ground and I landed on my butt. It hurts! How dare you!

"What the hell..!" I exclaimed, glaring at him in anger.

He averted his eyes and turned back.

"You're too heavy. Weigh down a little bit, you piggy." He said, expressionlessly.

"Wha?! What's wrong with you?"

"Shut up. This is a library and you're not supposed to be noisy, idiot. If you're gonna shout like a market woman, then, this is not the place for you. Get out." He said, harshly and still not looking at me.

With his hands in his pockets, he started walking away, leaving me alone. What's his problem? A while ago, he was all kind and mushy now, he's irritating and mean! That bastard..! I can't understand him at all!

Something's probably bothering him. Argh! I'm so pissed right now! I won't talk to you until later, you damn idiot! I won't forgive you that easily!

End of Chapter 50