Chapter 61

Chapter 61

(Seijo Yukari)

Is that what Kaneki-kun wants..? I'm sure he doesn't want anyone to get hurt.. Is this for the best..?

I took a glance back and I saw him smirking evilly while looking down on Tsukiyama-san. He looks like a mercilessly murderer, worse than the time he killed Takasuma-kun..

I don't want this..! I want to see the kind and gentle Kaneki-kun!

Kaneki-kun!

I let go of Hinami-chan's hand and ran towards Kaneki-kun.

"Onee-chan?!!"

The moment I got near him, I jumped and embraced him from the back to stop him.

"Stop..! Don't kill!" I yelled, embracing him.

He kept silent. He turned to me with his head down so, I couldn't see his expression.

"Come back to your senses already!!"

In an instant, I felt something piercing through my stomach. I felt the blood coming out of my mouth as I was paralyzed out of shock.

I looked at my stomach and the blood flowed out rapidly. I returned my gaze at Kaneki-kun and I saw him smiling evilly and insanely.

This.. This is not Kaneki-kun at all..!

I felt pain and tears started forming on my eyes as I tried to endure the pain. I can't believe that he struck me using his fatal kagune.

But, instead of feeling angry and revengeful, I felt sad as I looked at him. My hand moved on its own and reached for his cheek. I cupped his cheek with gentleness and tender.

Despite feeling hurt, a smile crept on my lips as the tears streamed on my cheeks.

"Let's go home together.. Ken.." I gently said with a smile.

(Kaneki Ken)

I was in complete darkness, slowly being consumed by my anger. All I ever know right now was KILL. I didn't even realize that my consciousness was fading away, being eaten by Rize-san.

I saw scary things like I was ripping Tsukiyama-san apart. I was chopping his limbs and tearing off his body..

I can't forgive any man who hurts Yukari..! I must kill that man! No one shall get mercy from me..! I won't hesitate to kill!

All of a sudden, I felt warm.. It's so gentle and kind.. My surroundings changed and it turned really bright.. What is this..?

I felt a soft touch.. it was full of tender and care.. Who's this..?

"Let's go home together.. Ken.." She softly whispered.

An image of Yukari appeared, smiling sweetly and gently.. I was suddenly brought out of the darkness. Immediately, I saw Yukari cupping my cheek, crying but at the same time smiling faintly and vaguely.

"Y-Yu.. ka.. ri..?" I exclaimed as I was shocked to see her vividly.

Suddenly, I saw blood at the side of her mouth and I felt my kagune piercing something soft and warm..

I followed my kagune and saw that it has struck Yukari!

W-What have I done..? My kagune has passed through Yukari's body..!

I stared at my bloody palm, breathing heavily. I can't believe that I struck Yukari!

"A-AAAAHHH!!" I placed my hands on my head and closed my eyes.

I started shivering as I felt scared that I struck Yukari. Suddenly, Yukari lunged herself at me and wrapped her hands around me, my kagune going deeper.

More blood came out from her.

She embraced me with warmth and kindness.

"Y-Yukari, g-get a-away from me..! I'm a monster!" I said as I was scared that I'd hurt her.

"I don't care.." She mumbled as she continued embracing me.

"I-I might kill you! If you don't get away from me now, I might--"

"Kill me? I don't care.." She said, sweetly and gently whispering to my ear.

She felt so relaxed, hugging me and she was so calm. Why isn't she scared?

"Why..? Why aren't you moving away from me? Are you not scared?" I asked, shivering.

"I know that Kaneki-kun is a good person at heart.. That's why, I trust you that you will not harm me.." She faintly and weakly said.

"B-But.. With my kagune piercing you, it must've hurt right..?"

"No.. It doesn't hurt.. I don't know why but.. as long as it's for Kaneki-kun.. It doesn't hurt at all.." She gently shook her head.

"That's why.." She exclaimed.

She broke from the embrace and cupped my cheeks then, smiled genuinely.

"Don't beat yourself anymore and let's go home together.." She tried to enthusiastically said.

Her voice and body was quivering all over probably losing a lot of vitality.. yet she's trying to show a happy expression and smile..

Really I can't believe you..

Tears slipped out of my eyes as my kagune started going back and disappearing.

"Yeah..!" I nodded.

After hearing me agree, she collapsed and fell on my chest. She was knocked unconscious. I caught her in my body and gently wrapped my arms around her to prevent from hurting her frail and fragile body..

"We'll go home.." I whispered gently.

I don't know why but, my body just moved naturally.. My mind was again clear and all I ever know was that, she was precious.. I leaned slightly and gave her a small kiss on her forehead..

Right now, I can't understand myself.. She just seemed so beautiful.. Like a Goddess.. Maybe that's why, I gave her a kiss on her forehead..

I did not bother killing Tsukiyama-san who's one step away from death, lying on the floor with his body parts scattered into pieces with blood all over the place.

I did not entirely kill him due to Yukari. I picked Yukari up in my arms.

"Onee-chan!" Hinami-chan came running behind us.

I turned to her and she seemed weary of me, giving me a glare. She kept her guard up. I smiled at her.

"Let's go home." I said as I gently smiled.

Her facial expression lightened up and cheerfully smiled with tears falling down her face.

"Yes!" She nodded enthusiastically.

We got in the entrance and found Touka-chan with Irimi-san, sitting back to back. They were covered in wounds and bruises, extremely exhausted.

"Yo, Kaneki.." Touka-chan greeted, smirking forcefully while wheezing.

"Good to see you alive with Yukari-chan.." Irimi-san said with a smile.

"Come on, let's go home.." I said, smiling.

They both agreed and Hinami-chan supported Touka-chan.

I feel so relived that Yukari is back in my arms again..

But one thing worries me.. When Yukari cupped my cheeks, I felt energy flowing into me again.. I must've sucked her vitality unconsciously..

End of Chapter 61