Chapter 53

Chapter 53

(Seijo Yukari)

I stomped away, angry and frustrated at Kaneki-kun. Who would've thought that he would try to kill me! Damn! For all these times, he would kill me?

I made a huge mistake! I'm so stupid for coming back! I wish I just stayed with Ken!

I reached the school's backyard where no students are present. I leaned on the wall and slowly sat down and hugged my knees.

I let the tears flowed that I've been trying to control. I didn't know that it could hurt this much.. It's so painful.. I thought I was closer to him..

Are those times one of his traps..? Again..? Had he deceived me again..?

What about the time when he took care of me..? What about the times when he saved me..? Were all those fakes?

I don't know anymore.. I don't know who to believe and what to believe.. Are Ghouls like him this mean..?

I feel so hurt right now that I can't stop crying..

Kaneki-kun, tell me! What have I done wrong for you to try to kill me like this? Do you hate me so much that you want me dead?! I thought that somewhere deep down in you, Ken still existed! What the hell's wrong with you?!

I hate you! I should've killed you back then! I am such an idiot! Why didn't I kill you before?!!

"Yukari." Touka-senpai called me, appearing at my right.

I didn't look at her and buried my face into my knees as I hugged my knees.

"Leave me alone, please.." I stated with a quivering voice.

"Kaneki's worried about you that he told me to look after you." She said, monotonously.

"Kaneki-kun? You mean that two-faced jerk? I don't know anyone by that name. Judging from how it sounds, he seems like the worst creature ever to be alive in the universe." I stated, angrily.

"You mean, the person who countlessly saved you from danger--"

"The person who countlessly deceived and now is trying to kill me..! The person who is hard as a nail and cold as an ice..! The person whose attitude is twisted and rotten..! That's what he is!" I yelled in anger with my fists clenched.

Touka-senpai was shocked and was totally speechless, seeing how my rage is being expressed. I looked away, catching my breath as I was very stressed and angry.

She walked towards me and sat beside me.

"You know, you're actually misunderstanding something here." She started.

"What?" I asked as I turned to her.

"Kaneki just wanted to stop you because you were too stubborn and you were putting yourself in danger, that's all." She explained.

I started laughing as I stared at the trees. How funny it is.

"Hah! Kaneki-kun wanted to stop me? But, why use violence? That part wasn't necessary! The fact that he actually tried to hurt me made him look like a merciless killer!" I scoffed after saying that.

"No. He just wanted you to--"

"Enough! Whatever you say will just sound as an excuse! If he actually wanted to apologize let him prostrate himself before me! He's a wuss, using someone to talk for his own fault! He's really the worst!!" I loudly blurted out.

"Yukari." She called my name firmly.

I looked at her. Then, I met her cold eyes which were glaring at me furiously.