Chapter 5

Chapter 5

He left?! He didn't kill me..

But, that doesn't change the fact that he killed my parents. I looked at the headless corpses of my parents..

Tears overflowed from my eyes. This is just a very bad nightmare..

This is just a nightmare.. This is not real.. This is not real..

I took the dagger below me. I held it and cut my arm.

Arghh!! It hurts..

Blood flowed out. No! This is just a dream! Just a dream! This is not real!

When I wake up, everything's fine! This is just a dream!!!!

I covered my ears as I repeated 'this is just a dream'.

Suddenly, I heard sirens. The police men came inside.

I was still on my knees, couldn't believe what happened.

"Inspect for survivors!"

"Hurry! Hurry!"

The police men spotted me.

"There's one! Help her!"

They covered me with a blanket and I was staring at a blank space. Then, they inspected the headless corpses of my parents.

I felt as if they were trying to do something about it.

"Don't touch my parents!!" I said as I covered them.

I glared at them.

"Don't worry, we won't do anything bad. We will just inspect--"

"Don't you dare lay a finger on them! They're just sleeping! This is just a nightmare!" I said.

"Take her. She must be tired."

Two men came to me and held my arms.

"Let me go!! My Mom and Dad are still there! I have to protect them!!" I struggled.

Then, I saw an injection. They injected it on me.

"Aaargh!!" I moaned in pain.

After a few seconds, I felt sleepy. Soon, I fell unconscious.

A few hours later, I regained consciousness. I looked around and I was in a hospital.

I sat up and I felt my head aching. Ahh.. Why am I here? Anyway, that bloody nightmare was so realistic.. I thought, I'd really die.. Then, something pricked on my arm.

Eh? A bandage? Wait.. In my dream, I slashed this part.. Which means..

"Oh, you're awake, Seijo-san?" The nurse approached me.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Oh.. You were brought here by the police men." She replied.

"Huh?! Where's my parents?!" I asked.

"E-Eh? I don't know--"

I quickly stood up from my bed and ran towards the door. When I opened it, there were police men and one of them was the famous CCG's investigator.. Amon Koutarou..

"Please move!" I said.

They all stopped me.

"We have questions to ask you, miss Seijo." They said.

They took me back to the hospital bed.

"What happened yesterday?" They asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Why were you in the middle of corpses yesterday?" He asked.

"What the hell..?"

The tears started flowing out.

"You mean.. that wasn't a dream?" I asked crying and shivering.

I grabbed his collar.

"You mean, my parents were dead?!!" I asked roughly.

It wasn't a dream..?

"It wasn't a dream.. No way! No way! No way! No way!" I repeated.

I pulled my hair. I placed my hands over my ears.

"No way! No way! No way!" I cried and shivered remembering all that happened during that day.

"It's best to leave her alone first. She needs to have more rest."

"It must've been a very big shock for her to lose her parents."

"That.. white-haired bastard.." I mumbled.

"Huh?" They all looked at me.

"That white-haired bastard.. murdered my parents.. Everyone..! He killed everyone mercilessly!!" I shouted.

"What does he look like?" They went to me completely interested.

"He had.. four.. Red limbs growing from his back.. He had.. a mask with teeth.. He only had one.. red.. eye.. Centipede.." I mumbled.

"It must've been the one-eyed Ghoul, eye patch."

"I.. must.. kill him.." I muttered lowly.

"Let her take a rest." Amon-san said.

He looked at me for a second and then, left. All of them left me alone.

The nurse gave me the dagger which was given by Dad on my birthday. I held it close to me.

"Is that yours?" The nurse asked.

"Yes.." I answered.

"I think I have seen that knife in the internet as one of the most antique weapon." She said.

"Eh? Really?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I'm a fan of antique cultures so, I think that knife is especially made to kill Ghouls. Its blade was so strong and so sharp that it can slice a Ghoul's skin easily then, its handle has poison that is hidden. The poison is released when the blade is applied to a Ghoul's skin. It has no antidote and it is very deadly. The poison only works on Ghouls, though. To us, that poison is rather nutritious." She explained.

"Is that so?" I asked as I stared into the dagger.

"Your name is Seijo Yukari, isn't it? That dagger is passed down from generations to generations by the Seijo Jitsuko. That's pretty famous, you know?"

I kept silent as I stared into the dagger. I need to find that Ghoul with white hair.. I must kill him.. with this dagger.

End of Chapter 5