Chapter 46

Chapter 46

(Seijo Yukari)

When we were walking, I noticed that the clouds were getting dark and heavy. The place became moist. Huh..? Is it gonna rain?

Suddenly, something drop on my face so, I looked up. The drops of water splashed on the two of us. Uwaah! It's raining again?!

"Damn.." He mumbled.

He removed his coat and shoved it on my head. I looked at him, shocked on his kindness.

"What? Let's hurry!" He said as he took my hand.

He pulled me with him as we ran through the sudden rainfall. As we ran, I saw the shop, Anteiku. How nostalgic..

We went inside and the bell rang as we got in.

"Oh, Kaneki-kun and Yukari-chan! All drenched, huh? Haha!" Irimi-san said as she saw us.

"Hello, Irimi-san." I said with a smile.

"Wait here, I'll get some towels for you." She blissfully said.

I removed the coat from my head and gave it to Kaneki-kun.

"T-Thanks for this.." I said, shyly.

"That was nothing. If you had a fever, it'll be really troublesome." He said as he looked away.

Then, I realized that he was still holding my hand.. It made my heart go wild. I noticed this frequent fast heart beating which was reaaaalllllyyy weird.

But ignoring that, it feels really warm.. His hand is big and manly.. It feels like he's really a man.. It made my heart beat stronger. Shut up, heart! What if he hears it..?

I felt my cheeks burning as I felt conscious around him. I intentionally removed my hand from his gentle grip. He looked at me, surprised.

"Sorry.. It's just.." I trailed off.

He stayed silent and just walked further. Then, Irimi-san came, giving us towels.

"Thanks, Irimi-san." I said as I took the towel from her.

"Oh, sit here, you two. Have some warm coffee." She said.

We both sat, facing each other in one table. He took a sip on his coffee and so, did I. I looked at the window and the rain won't stop pouring down. In fact, it has gotten stronger. I received a text saying that the classes were suspended due to the strong rain that was expected later in the afternoon.

"Oh, if it isn't Kaneki and her girlfriend." A man with shaggy hair and eye glasses approached us.

G-Girlfriend?! No way in hell! I flushed at the thought. Moreover, he looked tall and fierce. He looks scary..

"H-He and I aren't--" I flailed.

"She's not my girlfriend, Nishio-senpai. Don't misunderstand." Kaneki-kun said.

Nishio-senpai? Kaneki-kun's senior, huh.. I'm kinda shocked Kaneki-kun would have a senior looking scary like that. Well, Touka-senpai is not an exception.

"You don't have to deny it, Kaneki, we're friends and all. I can see that there's something between you two." He said as he spanked Kaneki-kun's shoulder to tease him.

"Enough, Nishio-senpai. It's making me feel uneasy." He said as he took a sip on his coffee.

"Well then, care to introduce me to your woman?"

"Ah. Nishio-senpai, that's Seijo Yukari and Yukari, this is Nishio Nishiki-senpai." Kaneki-kun pointed.

"N-Nice to meet you.." I said as I stood up and slightly bowed.