Chapter 96

Chapter 96

(Kaneki Ken)

"I..too.. wanted to see her." Touka-chan said as she faced the moon with sadness in her eyes.

"Touka-chan.."

"You see, it's no fun when she's not here.. I have no one to scold and no one to tell that she's an idiot." She said while chuckling.

"Well, I agree with on that.." I faintly chuckled.

"What's more.. Without her here, you're giving a very gloomy expression and it's depressing.." She said looking at me worriedly.

I took both of her hands. She's being very nice and kind to me so, I naturally felt the urge to embrace her. And so, I did.

"W-Wait! What are you--" She struggled.

"Touka-chan.. I'm sorry, I've troubled you.. I dragged you into this mess.. I'm sorry.." I said in an apologetic tone as I tightly hugged her.

She hesitantly patted my back lightly.

"W-Well, it's not really your fault.." She said.

She broke from the embrace and smiled at me.

"Whatever happens, I'm by your side and we'll save Yukari together." She reassuringly smiled at me.

I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Thanks, Touka-chan.. I really do owe you. Though, it's not usually you to be talking about some mushy words." I said with a chuckle.

She immediately turned red out of embarrassment.

"A-As I was saying, it's depressing to see you gloomy! So, I deliberately thought of what words to say! Just appreciate it, damn idiot!" She yelled at me.

I snickered at her being embarrassed to the point of stuttering.

"I know, that's why, I'm thanking you.." I smiled gently at her.

"Hmph! Whatever, damn Kaneki!" She exclaimed while stomping away.

But, she stopped midway.

"But, you have to promise me that you won't get sad until we save Yukari, alright?! Don't be depressed easily!" She said with a frown.

"Haha.. I got it." I chuckled.

She continued stomping away, still embarrassed. Touka-chan is a very nice friend.. I intend to treat her to an amusement park or something after this mess ends..

I let out a sigh.

I wonder where you are.. Yukari..

(Kirishima Ayato)

After two weeks, she incredibly became stronger physically and mentally. I'm telling you, she's as nimble as jaguar, crafty as a serpent, and strong as a lion.

I can't believe this progress. She specializes in the use of knife. And yes, she has defeated countless of Ghouls in battles. I tested it with the member of Aogiri and she just keeps on appearing victorious.

She's a talented fighter.

"Yukari." I called while she's wiping the blood of her knife.

"Yes?" She asked looking at me.

"We have a mission in the 6th ward by next week." I informed.

"And that is?" She asked.

"We'll take over that ward and make Aogiri's territory larger." I said.

"I understand." She answered without hesitation.

She's very obedient when it comes to me. And of course, I really like it. It's been a while since I've felt excited about seeing her fight.

Kaneki, look at the girl that you love. So merciless, fierce, and strong. She's no longer yours. She's already within my grasp. She only listens to me and she will never return to you..

Looks like, you lose this time. I can't help but smirk at the thought.

I wonder what your reaction will be when you see her like this?

(Seijo Yukari)

I went inside my room, removing the heavy coat that I'm wearing. I was sweating all over my body because of training.

My body feels lighter and better than ever. My senses got sharper and my concentration is stronger.

While I was walking, a ring caught my attention at the corner of my eye..

It's the ring that Kaneki-kun gave me on the play..

I haven't returned it to him yet.. I want to see you.. But, right now it's impossible. I have to atone for the troubles I've caused.

But, I have greatly realized that..

Killing others is worse than dying.

When I first killed a Ghoul, I constantly threw up for three days and I'll have nightmares. I was so afraid. I can't sleep.. I'm terrified to be alone..

I've always thought, what if they come back at me.

I'm not the person who'd treat Ghouls as monsters. I treat them as a human being and Kaneki-kun taught me that. That's why, I'm still afraid to kill..

A while ago, I've just slaughtered a random Ghoul that Ayato-kun picked for me training.

Now that I remember it, my stomach started to throb. I feel like everything's going up.

I think I'm gonna vomit again!

I ran to the bathroom as fast as I can. I let out everything on the sink. After that, I splashed water on my face. I looked at the mirror, catching my breath.

I'm still so weak.. I threw up for something as small as this.. I need more training.. I need to turn my heart into a stone and disregard these emotions..

I don't need them in attaining my goal.

I must suffer in their stead..

End of Chapter 96