Chapter 109

Warning!

This chapter contains spoilers from the manga! Read at your own risk. :)

If you want to see the actual combat scene, read Tokyo Ghoul manga from chapters 136-138.

Chapter 109

(Kaneki Ken)

"GIVE ME MY FLESH!!! MINE!! MINE!!!" I banged my head on the wall repeatedly.

I spitted out blood and my head bled from the constant strong impact I received from banging my head on the wall.

"MIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEE!!!!"

Six limbs emerge from my back uncontrollably as I screamed in despair.

No.. I wasn't the one eating Ghouls..

I was the one being eaten.

(Seijo Yukari)

I jumped from building to building, looking for Kaneki-kun. Where the heck is he?

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. Damn it..! If only I had the power to track you like the Ghouls..

I hid at the back of the wall, catching my breath. I looked at the ring and held it tightly.

Wait for me..

"Look for the centipede!"

"He should be near somewhere!!"

"Check every area!!"

"He was injured so, he shouldn't have gone too far!!"

Injured?! Sh*t.. Kaneki-kun, I hope you're fine! Damn it!

(Kaneki Ken)

When I woke up, I was alone.. I kept walking, my goal vague.. trying to dispel the building unease in my chest..

Upon entering an open area was the scent of rotting flowers and in the middle of the flowerbed, he stood..

Without anyone saying a thing, without his name given, like an unsolved puzzle falling into place by itself, just by seeing that figure, I understood exactly who I faced.

The CCG's reaper.. The undefeated Ghoul investigator. With blood splashed on his cheeks.. With his eyes, all merciless and cold.. There, stood the God of Death.

"Arima Kishou.."

Disoriented, I had failed to comprehend the scene before my eyes. It was not anything like flowers. But a large amount of 'Death'.

There was a pile of corpses on the flowers, all despicably destroyed and pulverized.

Had he done this alone?

I noticed that there was a sign on the wall.

V14 was the one written on it..

Route V14.. It's a lie.. Koma-san.. Irimi-san..

I fell on my knees, thinking the two of them are both join in the pile of corpses.

No matter how I tried to rouse my will to fight with hatred.. more than sorrow, more than rage.. The emotion that arose within me was.. Despair. Because.. my turn was next.

He took a step forward, calmly approaching me.

What should I do?

Wait and see what he does first? No, I can't! I'll fall a step behind.. I need to take the initiative. I'll strike first.. Take him by surprise...

In a flash, I was already struck by his quinque at the back making me cough out blood.

What the hell.. He was.. wide-open.. Where did he..

I'm fine.. Calm down.

I moved back and dashed towards him. Putting all my strength into my arm, I stretched it to punch him with my full strength.

I can still fight--

*Stab!*

Before I realize it, he was already behind me, his lance skewering my head and passing through my left eye.

(Kirishima Ayato)

I hurried to the 20th ward by jumping from building to building. I tracked Yukari's scent and I already caught a glimpse of her.

She's standing on the roof of a house, looking at different directions. There she is! Now, I'm taking her back--

She suddenly jumped down, disappearing from my sight.

Ugh! What the heck? Now I have to look for her again. Well, it's easy to track her scent anyway. I resumed searching for a way to get to her quickly.

But what worries me the most is her situation when she sees Kaneki.

End of Chapter 109