Chapter 81

Chapter 81

(Kirishima Ayato)

I flee as escaped as fast as I can. It wasn't a good timing.. I sensed someone going towards her. If only I had another chance, I could've gotten her already.. I'm starting to think that she's no ordinary human.

Of all the human females I've encountered, she's the most suspicious one. Unlike them, she has a Rose like scent that captures a Ghoul. Suddenly, my phone rang.

It's one of Aogiri's subordinates.

Me: What?

Him: Tatara-sama told me to inform you to get a certain book in the 20th ward's public library.

Me: I'm on it. Now, tell me what book is it.

Him: Its titled The Rose Apple, The Fruit of Immortality. If you manage to get it, please come back to the Aogiri head quarters.

Me: Gotcha.

Him: Please wait, Ayato-san.

Me: Now what?!

Him: Please come with your subordinates. The Centipede was found lurking in the area and is active.

Me: I get it now, shut up.

I hung up on him and informed my subordinates to meet with me at the back of the library. When I got there, I I saw them patiently waiting for me.

"Here you are, dumbasses." I said.

"Ayato-san, what are we gonna do?"

"Our main objective right now is to take a certain book with the title of Rose Apple, the Fruit of Immortality. We can not fail this mission. I don't care what methods you apply but, we have to get it. Clear?"

"Yes!"

We went on top of the building and spotted some guards in front of it.

"There are guards, Ayato-san. What do we do?"

"What else..? Of course, kill them." A menacing smirk crept into my lips.

"You guys take care of those garbages and I'll head directly inside. After you take them out, come inside and help me find the book. Of course, some of you should leave outside in patrol in case the Centipede or CCG would interrupt. " I instructed.

"Yes!"

My subordinates jumped from the building to the ground and killed the guards. I wore my black mask and unleashed my kagune. I made a large hole that led me to the interior of the library. I jumped down and landed perfectly.

There are some people who were reading and were shocked because of the commotion I've created. Now that you've seen me, none of you can return alive!

They all started shivering and panicking. What nice faces! This is what I've been looking for.

My wings crystalized and aimed at different targets. Most of them got shot in the head, chest, shoulders, and their vital points. I left the librarian alive. I approached her as calm as I can.

"Hey, b*tch. Give the book with the Rose Apple as its title." I ordered.

She just kept on shivering and she was frozen on her spot. She was staring at me with teary eyes as she was quivering with terror. I got irritated as she did nothing there.

"I didn't ask you to stare at me! Go and look for that sh*tty book now!" I angrily ordered.

"Y-Yes!" She replied as she started looking for it.

She started searching in every shelf and while she was looking for it, the entrance of the library got smashed with a great impact. The smoke hid his features but, it revealed his shadow.

It's a man, who's a little bit taller than me and has four limbs growing from his back.

That one-eyed bastard! When the smoke dispersed, he was carrying 4 heads of my subordinates.

It made me smirk at his return. He dropped the heads and looked at me with his furious kakugan.

"Yo, one-eyed bastard. We meet again."

"S-Sorry, A-Ayato-san.. W-We couldn't--"

*Slash!*

He sliced my subordinate's body in half who was behind him whilst still looking at me angrily.

"Ayato.." He said in a low and raging tone.

"What brings you here, you bastard? Came to interrupt?" I asked.

"That's right. I came here to stop you.."

"Too bad.. You can't!!" I released sharp shards from my crystalized wings and it made him move back to dodge it.

He aimed his kagune at me but, I sliced it using my right wing. But, it's too early to celebrate since his kagune regenerated quickly.

I unleashed more of my shards but, he just kept on dodging it. Judging by how he evades every of my attack, he's gotten stronger than before!

My eyes could not keep up with his speed and I was really surprised when I found him in front of me. He used his kagune to stab me into my stomach and it went through my body.

It made me cough out blood. I gritted my teeth at him and but he tightly gripped on my face.

"Grrrr..! You bastard!" I yelled.

"You want me.. you half kill you.. again..?" He asked in a low and calm tone.

"As if, you can!!" I released shards from my wings.

It caused him to move back and and released me as he got scraped by my attack. I landed on the ground. He got several minor wounds but, it quickly healed in mere seconds.

His killing intent returned and was prepared to attack again. I'm injured and I have no subordinates to help me..! I can't win at this rate..! But.. I'll use every tactic to win.

I dashed towards the librarian and aimed my kagune at her head.

"If you won't step away, I'll kill this b*tch." I threatened him.

He hesitated at first. But, his eyes turned merciless.

"It's fine, sacrificing one as long as I prevent you from killing a lot more." He said in a calm voice.

"Grr...! Sh*t! You're annoying..!" I mumbled in anger.

I turned to the librarian and she already found the book. Good, now I got this! I snatched the book from her.

"That's--"

"Later, bastard!"

I picked the librarian and threw her towards him so, distract him. Then, I jumped as high as I can and went back to where I came from. Got the book and I'm still in one piece. Except for my crushed stomach, though. Anyway, mission complete.

I jumped from roof to roof to get back to the Aogiri Headquaters.

(Kaneki Ken)

I caught the librarian and I gently put her down. I tried to control my anger and take it out on her or I might unnecessarily kill her. Ayato got away with the book I needed to get rid of.

The librarian ran out of fear and took her phone to call someone. I started walking away calmly and slowly. I need to get Ayato..

I ran out of the library and went back to Anteiku. Should I tell Touka-chan? If I tell her, she'll probably feel troubled about her brother.

Hm.. I better not.

End of Chapter 81