Chapter 101

Chapter 101

(Kirishima Touka)

We reached the exit safely. No Ghouls from Aogiri followed us and also no Ghouls of the 6th ward. I knew that we had an alliance but, Yukari has paved a way for us to escape.

It should not be in vain..!

Reaching the end of the South, I saw Kaneki on the ground, heavily injured, and lifeless.

"Kaneki!" I exclaimed, running over to him.

The others came with me. Yomo-san picked him up and placed him at his back.

"Let's hurry out." He said.

Kaneki.. What happened to you?

"Onii-chan.." Hinami exclaimed, gazing at him with worried eyes.

"He'll be fine.." I said as I reassured her.

She hesitatingly nodded. But what worries me more is Yukari. She.. didn't return with us at all. She said that the next time we meet will be as enemies.

Is she planning to abandon us? Did she become a traitor?! Damn it.. Yukari may be an idiot but, she's not heartless.. What the hell does this mean?!

If Kaneki knew about this.. He'll surely be devastated. Yukari.. Just what the hell are you doing..?!

"Touka-chan."

Yoshimura-san called me by patting me at my shoulder.

"Y-Yoshimura.. san..?" I exclaimed, going back to my thoughts.

"You seem to be in deep thoughts. Something bothering you?" He asked.

"Ah.. It's just.." I trailed off.

"You can tell me when we get back to Anteiku. I'll give you time to sort your thoughts." He said as he smiled.

"Thank you.." I said.

(Kirishima Ayato)

The battle ended and the results were obvious right from the start. We took over the 6th ward and their leader along with a few of his subordinates were forced to join Aogiri.

I heard Yukari making a long sigh. Her gaze was still stern and strong. I thought the moment this's over, she would return to being a weak and a cowardly girl but, I was wrong.

She stared at the corpses nonchalantly without a tint of regret and sadness. She was totally emotionless.

That's good. You've developed into something wonderful.

I walked towards her and she noticed me.

"Oh.. Ayato-kun." She said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I don't know.." She answered.

She looked at the ground in deep thoughts. She placed her hand on her face.

"My thought's are messed up.. I don't know what to feel.. or what to do.." She said wearing a confused expression.

She placed both of her hands on her face and she started crying but, she's not grimacing and kept her confused expression.

"W-What..? What's this..? I can't understand..! I-I'm scared.. W-What am I..?" She exclaimed as she placed her hands on her head.

At this point, I felt pity for her. I went to her and my body moved naturally to embrace her.

She's shivering from sobbing. I could feel her confusion rising.

"Everything's over.. Let's go home, Yukari.." I softly whispered in her ear.

I placed my long and big coat over her shoulders as I walked beside her. The air brushed against us and scent of blood was everywhere.

Her eyes widened and shivered more in fear.

"It's okay.. I'm here." I said as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

We walked back with the Aogiri members to the Head quarters.

(Seijo Yukari)

The moment we got back to the head quarters, my body felt weak all over. I went to my room. Honestly speaking.. I don't know what to do.

It hurts.. My heart hurts.. I betrayed them.. I'm a traitor.. I broke my promise, I'm an enemy..! I've killed a lot of people..! I'm a murderer..!

I placed my hands on my face as I started crying.

While I fought with the Ghouls.. I was extremely calm and focused.. Does that mean, I embraced myself as a killer..?

Am I starting to be tainted by evil..?

No.. No.. This isn't happening..! Argh!

What the hell do I want?! What am I trying to do?! I betrayed my friends..! I abandoned everyone else..! I abandoned Kaneki-kun!!

What the hell do I want?!!!

I punched the wall repeatedly until my knuckles bled.

Ahhh..! I hate this life..! I wish was born a normal human being..! Why do I have to suffer?!

Sh*t..! Maybe.. I shouldn't have been born at all..

"Yukari.."

I turned around and saw Ayato-kun at the entrance of my room, looking at me with worried eyes.

Ayato-kun.. What's he doing here..?

"W-What are you.. doing here..?" I asked, surprised to see him.

"I heard poundings coming from here. What's the matter?" He asked as he walked towards me.

"N-Nothing.." I answered.

"You feel bad killing them? Are you heart broken? Come to think of it, baka aneki wasn't at the North earlier." He said.

"T-That's--"

"I know. You helped them. I understand that you're feeling sad because that's the last time you'll see them, right? That was also your last time being part of Anteiku and for sure, you'll see each other again as enemies, fighting one another." He stated directly looking at my eyes.

I lowered my gaze and bit my lower lip. Everything he said was right..

"I'm telling you now. You don't have to worry about them because you have me. All you need is me.." He said as held my chin in between his thumb and index finger so, I could face him.

"Forget about them. Erase them from your head and think only of what you'll do next. Remember, you are already a member of Aogiri Tree and you can't leave it. I told you to listen only to me.." He whispered in my ear.

"Your new family is not Anteiku but Aogiri. They're not your friends anymore.. That's why there's no reason to believe in them.."

His words made me clear my head.. His soft voice tickles my ear.. The way he speaks is so calming and comforting..

"I'm the only one who can help you.." He gently whispered.

I'm being drowned by his words. It makes my heart waver..

"I'll always be by your side.."

Those words I heard from Kaneki-kun.. I could never forget.. But.. why do I seem to be convinced..? It disrupts my thinking.. All of the worries over Anteiku are now gone.

It's because of Ayato-kun..

But.. The pain of losing Kaneki-kun is starting to reappear. I don't wanna feel this anymore..!

This pain.. will only make me regret.. I must forget about him..

It will make things worse.. I will long for him.. I will miss him.. Everything about him will only make me feel worse..

I'm not allowed to be happy so, I must get rid of him.. from my mind and from my heart..

"Please.. Let me forget everything about Anteiku.. Also.. Everything.. about Kaneki-kun.." I mumbled as I leaned on his chest with tears falling down from my eyes.

End of Chapter 101