Chapter 44

Chapter 44

(Seijo Yukari)

I was reading my book when it suddenly rained. It made me shocked when the thunder roared.

"Kyaah!" I exclaimed flinching.

"W-Woah..!"

A man on the tree was stumbling. Wait.. white hair? Kaneki-kun?! He lost his balance and fell but, he stopped in midair, using his kagune to wrap it on the branch of the tree.

I quickly opened the window.

"What are you doing there?!" I asked, surprised.

He looked at me surprised then, flushed a little. He looked away. He must've been embarrassed.

"Geez! This is no time to get embarrassed! Get over here or someone might see you!" I yelled.

He looked back at me and slightly nodded. He pulled himself up and jumped towards my window. I looked at him, dripping wet because of the rain.

I quickly took a towel and handed it to him. He stared at it. Could it be because of the design? It's a duckling designed towel that's colored pink. I sighed. Such a picky guy.

I slightly shoved the towel on his head, making the towel cover his face. Doing that made me laugh a bit.

"What's with this towel?" He asked as he looked at it.

"Do you have the right to complain when you're the one who's using that for free?" I scoffed.

"At least, you should've given me a better one." He said as he ruffled it through his hair.

As I watch him dry his hair, it made my heart beat faster. Somehow.. he looks kind of sexy while drying it.. I looked away to avoid making my expressions when I'm flustered being seen.

"A-Anyway, what on earth are you doing from that tree?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just hanging out." He answered, expressionless.

How suspicious.

"You couldn't have been checking up on me, could you?" I asked as I cocked an eye brow.

His eyes widened a bit then, looked away blushing. Uwaah! What a stalker!

"Since when did you looked after me?" I asked.

"Since you got inside of your apartment.." He replied.

Uwaah! So, he saw me when I'm changing?!

"Y-You saw..?!" I asked as I covered my body.

He looked away, flushing red.

"Pervert!!!" I said as I ran behind the curtains.

"Wait, I'm not like that. I just saw it by coincidence! Besides, it's not like I'm interested in things like that.." He said.

I exposed my face out of the curtains but, wrapped the curtains around my body. I faced him with a pout.

"Really..?" I asked.

He chuckled a little.

"It's not like there's something to see." He said with a teasing grin.

I felt a snapping sound. Oh, what a jerk you are!

"Idiot!" I yelled as I slapped his cheek.

"Ow.." He rubbed his aching cheek.

"Hmph! I'm going down!" I said as I stomped out of the room and going to the kitchen.

(Kaneki Ken)

Geez.. That hurt. She didn't have to hit me hard. But honestly, I didn't expect her to be like that. I was not used to it. When we were kids, she played with me and she was really rough. She's like boyish.. But, now that she's grown.. She's so pretty..

And her body changed into like that. Her chest has grown bigger.. I guess I shouldn't really underestimate puberty.

I looked around her room and something caught my eye. There's a picture of me and her. Haha.. She looks like a brat here.

But, I can't deny the fact that a sign of blissfulness is all plastered on our faces. Yeah.. Everything was so peaceful before.. If I didn't move to the 20th ward.. things might be the same.

I thought that 20th ward the most peaceful ward but, it was the actually the start of my hellish days. But, thanks to it was able to meet Hide but, now I don't know where he is..

And also, thanks to this ward that I was able to meet Yukari again..

I felt something cold running down my cheek. What..? I'm crying again..? Damn. I wiped my tear away. To think that I'd cry over something like that. How stupid of me..

But thinking of that made me realize how lonely I made Yukari feel. I scratched my head in irritation. Ugh.. I'm starting to regret the past things I've done. How annoying..

I felt a little sad, reminiscing about to the past as I looked at the picture. Suddenly, I heard a knock and Yukari went inside.

(Seijo Yukari)

I went inside bringing some cakes and coffee.

"Hey." I called.

It surprised me to see Kaneki-kun holding the picture of me and him which was taken when we were kids. He was staring at it with sad eyes.

"Ah. Back then, you still had a silky black hair." I said to ease the mood.

"Why are you keeping something like this?" He asked while still looking at the picture.

"Idiot. Why would I throw that? It's important to me, you know?" I said as I frowned a little.

"Is it that important to you?" He asked.

"Of course. It's because I really like Ken and Ken's a very important and special person to me." I said as I turned back to place the cakes and coffee down on the small table.

He didn't respond which was weird. I was waiting for something that would make me irritated.

To my surprise, I felt his arms wrapping around me.. I instantly felt warm and cozy.. What are you doing..? Ken..?

No.. You're Kaneki-kun, right?

My eyes widened in shock and my lips slightly parted. What's happening.. to him..?

End of Chapter 44