Chapter 39

Chapter 39

(Seijo Yukari)

When the class was finished, I took the opportunity to leave the room. But, someone from behind me caught my hand.

"Where are you going?"

I looked back and saw Kaneki-kun with no expression on his face.

"Tsk." I clicked my tongue.

"You have something to do for me." He said.

"I know, I know. Let's get going." I said as I removed my hand away from him.

The moment I removed it, I hid my face. Shoot.. Just now, he held my hand and my heart is beating really fast..!

As we walked through the corridors with him behind me, there was an extremely awkward atmosphere that I can't even speak.

We continued walking and there was still a dead silence. Ugh..! I feel so uneasy!

Then, we came across the laboratory.

"U-Uh.. This is the Lab." I pointed.

"And.. that's the Home Economics room." I pointed at the other side.

He didn't even respond. Just what the heck are you, Kaneki-kun?!

We continued walking and I kept on pointing the different rooms and specific areas that I'm suppose to show him. And, finally we got outside of the school.

Next is the Tennis court and Basketball court.. Sheesh.. Since I haven't spoken to him at all, the mood is so heavy and awkward.

"Hey.." He said.

It made me flinched hearing his calm and cool voice.

"Y-Yeah?" I stuttered.

"You're acting pretty weird since a while ago. Did something happen?" He asked.

"Huh? W-Why would I? By the way, I'm pretty normal--"

He placed his hand at the back of my head and pulled it gently towards him. To my surprise, he attached his forehead unto mine.

My eyes widened for him to do such a thing..!

I could smell his refreshing scent.. My eyes met his and I feel his breath fanning my lips which made my heart beat utterly fast..

I heard my heart pounding hard for each second that passes by.

"Hmm, you have no fever after all." He said.

The moment I heard his voice, I snapped out of fantasy and the blushed rushed up to my cheek, making it feel very hot and I can feel that I'm flushed up.

Embarrassment filled me and pushed him away by reflex. I saw him startled when I suddenly pushed him away from me.

"Yukari?" He asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"I.. Uh.." I tried to find the words to say.

Remembering Touka-senpai's words made me very uncomfortable with him. I looked away, not wanting him to see my face all flushed up from embarrassment.

"Hey, Yukari.." He said as he touched my hand.

"Don't touch me..!" I said as I jerked my hand away by reflex.

Surprised by my action, I covered my mouth and held my hand, not knowing what to do in this situation. He was loss for words, seeing my reaction to him. Then, his expression changed, showing that he was hurt by my response.

"Sorry." He said as he started walking away.

Oh, no.. I've hurt him.. What should I do? I should quickly apologize!

"W-Wait, Kaneki-kun!" I said as I ran after him.

He stopped walking and faced me, still wearing that hurt expression.

"W-Well, I.. I'm sorry I did that.." I said with a slight bow.

He kept silent and gazed at me with melancholic eyes.

"I-I.. I didn't mean to.. It's just.. you know.." I tried to explain.

"Why are you being like this?" He asked.

"Eh?" I exclaimed.

"Why are you acting like this towards me? What have I done wrong to make you hate me like this?" He asked.

"I-I don't hate you! Not at all..! It's just that.." I trailed off.

"What?" He asked.

It's too embarrassing to say! I can't say it! I don't wanna say it!

"W-Well... Let's leave it like that." I said as I put my two index fingers together.

"I see.. so, you don't wanna say it. Fine." He said as I saw dejection in his eyes.

Ugh! Come on! So annoying!

"Wait, it's not like that..!" I said as I held his sleeve.

"Then, what?" He asked.

"A-About.. You know.. After Kai-kun's incident.." I said as I looked away.

"What about it?" He asked.

"W-When I was unconscious.. I-I heard from Touka-senpai... that.. Errr..." I said as blood rushed up to my cheeks.

He paused for a while. Suddenly, he turned around. What's wrong with him?

"K-Kaneki-kun?!" I exclaimed as I looked at him, bewildered.

To my surprise, I saw his ears red. I ran to his side.

"D-Don't come!" He said as he covered his face with his hand.

"Wait, Kaneki-kun.. Perhaps, you're embarrassed?" I asked.

"S-Shut up..." He said as he looked away.

This is such a big discovery..! My hand moved on its own and took a picture of him, all flushed.

*Click!*

Seeing that happened, Kaneki-kun looked at me surprised.

"Hey!" He said as he tried to snatch my phone.

I moved my hand back my pocket. My lips formed a smile and I started giggling.

"How cute~" I cooed as I walked.

"H-Hey! Delete that..!" He said as he grabbed my shoulder.

I smirked as I decided to keep that picture.

"I'll think about it." I said with an evil grin.

"Seriously?" He said with a frown.

"Seriously." I replied, still grinning.

Suddenly, a question popped in my head.

"By the way, what made you enroll here?" I asked.

He looked away.

"T-That's.." He scratched his cheek with one finger while reluctant of speaking.

How cute.. Why is Kaneki-kun acting this way?

"I-I'm not telling you." He said with a pout.

"Huh? Geez. Seriously?" I asked as I crossed my arms while frowning.

He looked back at me with a mischievous smile.

"Seriously." He said with an innocent smirk.

Seeing him smile like that made my heart jump out of my chest. I couldn't blink as if I didn't want to miss any of that moment when he smiled.

He started walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"H-Hey! Wait!" I said.

He chuckled childishly as he looked at me.

"Hurry up, slowpoke." He said with a mischievous smile.

K-Kaneki-kun is.. being really cute today.. And that's super duper weird.. What the heck is happening to him?

End of Chapter 39