Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was in my room, arranging everything accordingly. I also found some pictures when I was a kid. Wow, I didn't know I carried something like this.

How nostalgic.. I smiled unconsciously.

Come to think of it, Dad is not in any of the pictures when I was like, 10 or 11 years old. I guess, he was too engrossed with his work.

How does Dad look like now?

Oh, speaking of Dad, what's his work? He has never told me about anything. He still looks young in some of the pictures.

I laughed at the thought of him being old with wrinkles.

Looking through the pictures, I noticed that the time flew so fast!

Shoot, it's already 11:10 pm!

I hurried down.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YUKARI!!!"

Party poppers popped at my sides. I was surprised to see the whole room decorated with colorful designs and to see my parents wearing a party hat.

They both smiled at me and I was moved to tears.

"Thank you!!" I hugged them both.

I looked at the wall clock and it was already 11:11 pm. I'm already 15 years old. I smiled at the thought.

"Before you thank us, let's all eat!!" Mom said energetically.

We went to the dinning room and had our dinner.

I looked at Dad.

"Is that you, Dad?" I asked.

He looked at me surprised. Then, he began teary and shed a tear.

"Why are you crying, dear?" Mom asked.

Woah.. weirdo..

"I was too happy because my lovely Yukari called me 'Dad'." He cried more.

I giggled. Well, he didn't pretty much change.

"I thought she had already forgotten about me! I was planning to introduce myself as we eat!" He said.

"Of course, I won't forget about you! You're my Dad! You didn't change at all! Except maybe for your wrinkles." I smirked.

They both laughed. Then, Dad took a bottle of wine and poured for each of us.

"Don't you think I'm still underage?" I asked.

"Nah, don't mind it! Let's all celebrate!"

"CHEERS!!"

I smiled as we all slightly bump our glasses and took a sip.

Uwaah! It's bitter! And, it feels hot inside!

I coughed.

"Hahaha! You okay, Yukari? Hahaha!" My Dad laughed.

"I'm fine." I said.

"But, you sure have become really beautiful, Yukari. As expected, right, dear?" He asked Mom.

"That's right.." Mom said.

What do they mean by 'As expected'?

After we had our happy conversation for almost 3 hours, my Dad decided to bring the presents.

My mom went first. She gave me a small box. I opened it and it was a beautiful necklace!

"Woooow!" I exclaimed delightedly.

"Come, I'll help you wear it." Mom said.

She went at my back and wore it around my neck. It's so pretty..!

"Happy birthday, my dear Yukari." Mom said.

"Thank you, Mom." I embraced her.

"Then, it's my turn." Dad said.

He brought in 6 presents.

Wow! That's a lot!

"First, for you being 10 years old." He gave me a stuff toy.

It was a very big stuff toy. It's so cute. I hugged it tightly.

"Second, for you being 11 years old."

He gave me a pair of expensive earrings.

"It's so pretty!!" I exclaimed.

For me being 12 years old, he gave me a luxurious bracelet. For 13th, he gave me a high-class ring. For 14th, he gave a very famous and expensive bag.

"Thank you very much, Dad!!!" I said.

My tears overflowed. I was so happy.

"And, for you being 15 years old. You're already a beautiful flower which is so precious that you need to be secured so much." He said as he gave me a rectangular box.

It was wrapped up very nicely and it has an antique design.

"May I open it, Dad?" I asked.

"Please do." He said.

I opened it and saw a dagger. Its scabbard looks really antique. I held it and the place where you held the dagger was designed intricately and has a lot of precious stones.

"T-This is?" I asked nervously.

"You will need that frequently, Yukari. That's why, always keep it close. From now on, it will always help you and will keep you from danger." He said with a serious face.

"B-But, I--"

"Yukari, you will understand soon." He said.

After my birthday celebration, I took the dagger with me. I pull out the knife and saw myself in its reflection.

Suddenly, I misplaced my finger and hit it on the blade.

Ow..

The blood slowly flowed out. I need a band-aid..

I went to the washroom and placed my bleeding finger on the running water.

Fuh...

It hurts..

After three seconds, I no longer felt pain which was a little weird. I took back my finger and looked at it.

Huh?

Where's the wound?

I stretched my skin to see if it still bleeds. But, no blood came out. Not even a mark of the slash!

This is absolutely weird! I took the alcohol.

I know it might sting but.. Here it goes!

I poured the alcohol on the wound but, it didn't hurt at all. Where is my wound?

No matter how you look at it, it's very very weird!!!

Suddenly, my body felt hot. I also felt weak. Damn! What's happening?

My head started to hurt and it led my eyes to close. Slowly, my consciousness disappears.

End of Chapter 3