Chapter 98

Chapter 98

(Seijo Yukari)

I held my urge to puke in, and tried to stay calm. My heart is beating fast and I'm catching my breath.

I've killed humans..!

I'm a murderer! Damn it..!

I felt weak and fell on my knees. My heart stings as I felt regret and sorrow for the death of these two men who died by my own two hands.

And further more, with their hearts crushed.

With tears flowing from my eyes, I heard Ayato-kun coming closer to me.

He crouched and placed his hand on my back. I looked at him and he kept a serious expression.

"You've done pretty well." He said in a calm tone.

"Ayato-kun.. I.. I.." I tried to speak.

"Let's go home." He said as wrapped his arms around me and helped me stood up.

We got to our headquarters and I immediately went to my room. I felt exhausted emotionally and physically. I don't wanna live anymore..

If I would become a murderer then, it's better if I die..!

I slammed myself to bed and my eyes closed automatically.

---Dream---

I was in an alley where I first trained to fight with Ayato-kun. My first assignment was to kill a Ghoul.

*Tok* *Tok* Tok*

With a blade on my hand I immediately went to my fighting stance. Then, the Ghoul who's my target appeared.

He furiously glared at me. I glared at him too, trying to predict his intentions.

"You're a MURDERER." He emphasized the word.

The moment I heard that word, my heart shattered into pieces.

I'm not a murderer!!

"Go to hell!" He said.

Out of terror, I started running and when I looked back the Ghouls who've become my targets were running after me. They all had the angry faces, looking for revenge.

"You're a murderer!!"

"You're a killer!"

"You mercilessly killed us!"

"Go die!"

"Repent in hell!"

They screamed all together. It brought me to tears and covered my ears.

I'm not a murderer! I didn't want to kill you!

Suddenly, I found myself in the place where my targets were two Ghoul investigators. They noticed me and smiled at me.

T-They're fine..?

Then, blood spurted out of the side of their necks. My eyes widened as they were still smiling at me.

"B-B-Blood..!"

Then, they had holes on their chests. The blood just kept on flowing out but, there are no hearts in them. They walked towards me and I stepped back.

"Give me back my heart..!" He said while groggily walking towards me.

I started shivering in fear. Then, the Ghouls caught up behind me all injured with the parts I've destroyed to kill them.

"You're a MURDERER!" They all yelled in unison.

"NOOOOOOOO!"

---End---