Chapter 33

Chapter 33

(Kirishima Touka)

*Time skip*

It's been three days since Kaneki took care of Yukari and she did improved a lot. We can say that her heart has been beating normally but, she's not yet regaining her consciousness.

And also, she's still pale as a snow and also a little bit cold. So, this day, we're transferring her to a hospital.

Yoshimura-san prepared all her needs.
We said that she has a severe anemia that's why she's unconscious. The doctor said that it's better to have a blood transfusion. I can't since I'm not the same blood type with her and they might find out that I'm a Ghoul.

None in Anteiku is allowed to donate. While I saw sitting at a chair in the hospital, waiting for Yoshimura-san, I saw the famous first-rate investigator, Amon Koutarou running to the reception.

"Excuse me, where is Seijo Yukari-san's room?" He asked hurriedly.

"Um, what is your relationship with her?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm her guardian." He replied.

"Then, please proceed to room number
182." She said.

"Thank you."

He ran towards Yukari's room. I silently followed him. The doctor was there, talking with Yoshimura-san. Crap.. This might be dangerous.

"Excuse me." Amon-san said.

"Oh, aren't you the first rank
investigator, Amon-san?" The doctor said in surprised.

"Yes, I am and I'm currently here to see Yukari-san. I'm her recent guardian." He said with a slight bow.

"Then, I should tell you about the requirements of her anemia and that's a blood transfusion." The doctor said.

"I'm giving you the permit and I shall take that responsibility to offer my blood to her. I will sign it later if you don't mind." He said.

"Of course, it's okay. Then, the schedule will be on Thursday. I will be expecting you to come here, thank you." The doctor bowed.

The doctor left. He noticed Yoshimura-san and bowed.

"Thank you very much for bringing her here! How can I ever repay you?" He said as he bowed down.

"Please raise your head. That was nothing, I only did what was right." Yoshimura-san said.

"I have caused you many troubles. I wasn't able to look after her properly because of my negligence. I am very sorry." He bowed.

"No, it's okay. Everyone knows how you are busy as a Ghoul investigator." Yoshimura-san said.

"Really, I am very thankful to you because that child has no one to depend on to since the death of her parents.. That's why, as her guardian.. I failed.." He said in frustration.

"You don't have to worry about her too much.." Yoshimura-san said.

"She's not alone. She has her friends who cares for her and most especially you, the person she can depend on. That's why, don't blame yourself too hard." Yoshimura-san smiled.

Yoshimura-san went to the door.
"Then, I shall take my leave." Yoshimura-san bowed.

"Yes, I'll see you again. Thank you very much." Amon-san said.

(Kaneki Ken)

After taking a walk outside, I went back to Anteiku. I hurried to the second floor to check on Yukari. When I opened the door, she wasn't there at the bed!

Anxiety and apprehension filled me in an instant. I looked around Anteiku.

"Ara, ara." Irimi-san said as she walked towards me.

"Irimi-san! Where's Yukari?!" I asked as I was in a hurry.

"Oh, she was taken to the hospital while ago." She replied.

"Thanks!" I said as I left in an instant.

I went back to my room and wore a hoodie. I ran out of Anteiku and wore the hood over my head to cover my face. I ran to the hospital. I have no time to ask the room number so, I followed Yukari's scent and ended up in room 182.

As I opened the door, I was shocked to see first rank investigator, Amon Koutarou.. This is the person whom I fought with during Hinami-chan's case.

"Oh." He said, a little surprised.

I hate seeing Ghoul investigators but, I have to go with the flow in order to avoid disputes..

"Good day, sir." I said as I slightly bowed.

He paused for a while but then, he glared at me.

"Could.. Could you be.. this girl's lover?" He asked as I see sweat ran down his face.

I slightly flushed because I felt my cheeks hot. I looked away at the sudden question.

"Y-You're wrong! W-We're not going out at all!" I said.

"Then, what are you to her?" He asked.

"I-I'm just a classmate, visiting her.." I said as I scratched my cheek with one finger.

"Hmm.." He exclaimed.

He peered at me carefully. I hope my kakugan doesn't activate.

"You look trustworthy. Then, I'll believe you." He said.

It'll be too dangerous to stay here now that he has taken a closer look of my face. I need to go.. I'll just come back when this guy is not around.

"T-Then, I need to go now." I said as I slightly bowed.

"Huh? Already?" He asked.

"Yes. I just came here to make sure she's okay and recovering in behalf of her friends." I said as I faked a smile.

"Then, be careful on your way home." He said.

I hurried out of the room. It's a good thing that, he didn't ask for my name. But now, I can be a little relaxed knowing that Yukari's in the hospital. I'll come back at night to make sure no Ghouls would sneak in the hospital and attack her.

End of Chapter 33