Chapter 45

Chapter 45

(Seijo Yukari)

I didn't know how to act as he was embracing me from the back. My heart was throbbing really fast and I'm breathing quite heavily.

"K-Kaneki-kun.." I said as I gently tapped his arm that was embracing me.

I was shocked when he held my hand that tapped him. W-W-What's happening?!

"W-Wait, Kaneki-kun.. W-What are you--"

"Did you get lonely when I went away..?" He asked, whispering into my ear.

It made me red and my heart beat fast.

"T-That's.. W-Well of course.. You were my best friend and all.." I replied, trying to sound normal.

"Am I.. only a friend..?" He asked.

It made my eyes widened in shock. I can't believe he asked that!

"Sorry.. Forget about that.." He said as he released me from his tight embrace.

What was that about? What's wrong with him?

"Kaneki-kun.. What's wrong?" I asked, worried about him.

"Nothing.." He replied, coldly.

There.. He was back to his usual self.

"Kaneki-kun, I'm just worried for you so, what's wrong..? Tell me." I said.

"Things that are bothering me are not important. There's no need to fuss over it." He said as he looked away.

"If that wasn't important, how come it made you like this?!" I yelled in anger.

He turned to me, shocked. I confronted him and hit his chest using my balled hand. I was about to cry.

"You're always.. always.. Keeping everything from me..! Why are you doing everything alone..?!" I asked with my tears falling on my face.

He kept silent and he didn't respond.

"Even just for a little.. I want to help you..! Do you even know what I'm here for..? I came back just for you..! You know, before I had my eyes opened I had a dream.. I had to choose between the man I love and you.. But, what happened? I chose you. It's because I know that I need to help you..! That's why, don't sacrifice my efforts! Don't suffer alone..!" I yelled as I cried.

"Alright.. Alright.." He said as he turned to me, seriously.

He suddenly placed his head on my chest.

"I'm just.. feeling kinda down.. I don't know why but.. I missed the times when we were still kids.. But now, it's different.. Those times are never coming back.." He said.

"They can come back.." I said.

"No.. It's impossible. Things right now are so complicated.. Everything has changed. Not everything can be solved just by being optimistic."

"I believe that they will come back. Someday.. I believe that everything will come back.. Everything is not too late..." I said as I stroked Kaneki-kun's hair, gently.

"Heh.. You sound so childish.. But, it's better this way.. Do whatever you want.." He said with a chuckle.

He slowly fell with his head on my chest. I can't do anything about it since he's asleep already, huh? Well, he must've been tired.. Maybe today, I'll let him stay here since Amon-san said he won't be coming back today.

---Next Day---

I was sleeping soundly when someone was poking my cheek. I swat that person's hand but, it kept on poking my cheek. Argh.. I slept sidewards.