Chapter 37

Chapter 37

(Seijo Yukari)

"She'll be discharged in 2 days after a little more rehabilitation." The doctor said.

"Thank you, doctor." Amon-san said.

Phew.. I've already been here for more than 3 days.. At first, I thought I was gonna be crippled since I can't feel my legs but, now I feel better.

But, that warmth.. is gone.. I wonder why..?

"So, Yukari, just a little bit more and you'll be discharged, okay?" Amon-san said with a smile.

"Y-Yes.." I said.

I looked at the window.. I saw the sky and started to remember Ken's kiss on my forehead.. Maybe it was better to stay there..? Sheesh. Now, I'm regretting thing. How annoying..

(Kirishima Touka)

I wore my jacket and brought some fruits with me. I went to Yukari's hospital knowing that she has already woken up. It's a good news. Now, I know that our effort has not been wasted.

I can't see Kaneki anywhere, though. As I entered the hospital room, I saw Amon-san. Yikes.. this muscled dove.. I want to kill him but, not in front of Yukari. He's the subordinate of the one who killed Fuegichi-san.

"Good afternoon." I greeted him and Yukari with a fake smile.

"Oh! Touka-senpai!" Yukari said as she cheerfully smiled.

"Oh.. And you are..?"

"I'm Kirishima Touka from class 2-D. I'm in the same school as Yukari." I said.

"She's my senpai." Yukari said.

"Oh, nice meeting you. Why don't I leave you two alone so, you could have a talk?" He said as he stood up to leave.

He quietly closed the door.

"It's been a while since that incident, Yukari." I said with a slight grin.

"Ah.. Oh, yeah.. What happened to the students..? What happened to Kai-kun?" She asked.

"The students are fine. They were released from his hypnotism. But, Takasuma..." I trailed off.

"Oh.." She said as her expression turned sad.

She chuckled with sadness.

"So, once again.. Kaneki-kun killed.." She mumbled.

"Geez, it was for your sake. If he hadn't killed that bastard you wouldn't stay alive." I said as I scratched my head in irritation.

"I know but.. It's just too sad to see him kill mercilessly.. It's really frustrating to think how many he has killed until now.." She said.

"Just accept the fact that he's Ghoul already. In this world, humans are no longer at the top of the food chain. It's us, the Ghouls. So, whatever you do, we must kill to survive. Competition is the only way we live and survival of the fittest is the principle of this world." I stated giving her my usual glare.

She chuckled with sadness again and smiled faintly.

"Hahaha.. You're right." She smiled faintly.

Boy, it seems like I'm the bad one.

"Anyway, remember what you did to Kaneki while on the battlefield?" I asked with a grin.

"What?" She asked as she was confused.

"You-Kissed-Him?" I smirked evilly.

Hearing that made her face all flushed up.

"Y-You don't have to make me remember! Geez!" She flailed as she was all red and embarrassed.

"Hahaha, calm down." I said.

"A-Anyway, it's not like I wanted to kiss him! I just wanted to give him my blood so, I did that. I barely had any strength left so, I used my mouth to transfer the remaining blood I have in my body." She explained still, frowning.

"You did that just for him?" I scoffed.

"W-Well.. yeah.. When I saw Kaneki-kun I just thought I wanted him to live.. Maybe it's because he's my childhood friend that made me like that." She stated as she scratched her cheek with one finger.

"Ohh. Sounds fishy." I said as I teased.

"Geez, stop it already, Touka-senpai." She said as she flushed.

She looked at the flowers. Oh, aren't these Dutch Hybrid Irises? I saw Kaneki bringing them every night.

"So.. What is senpai who brought the flowers?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Duh. Why would I bring those ugly floweds? I don't even know what flowers you like." I said.

She frowned at me.

"They're not ugly. They're very calming.. and the smell is so gentle.." She said as she stared at those with loving eyes.

"I can't understand you." I said.

"They're my favorite since they resemble Ken.." She said with a smile.

"Kaneki? How so?" I asked.

"Its aura calming.. It's gentle.. But also.. melancholic.." She explained looking at those with a faint smile.

"Speaking of him, he was the one who always brought that." I said with a grin.

"Eh?!" She exclaimed.

"You know, every night, he sneaks out of Anteiku to look after you." I said.

"R-Really?! I can't believe it..." She stated as she blushed red.

Hehehe.. I want to tell more about Kaneki's deeds when Yukari passed out.

"It's ridiculous to think that someone like him cares for a weak girl like you, no?" I said.

"That hurts my feelings." She giggled.

"Since I've already started talking, wanna hear more about him when you were unconscious?" I said with a smirk.

"W-What? You have more?!" She asked, astonished.

"You will be very amused so, prepare yourself." I said with an evil grin.

(Kaneki Ken)

Somehow, I felt a chill running down my body. Well, I wonder how Yukari is.. I want to visit her..

But, I have something to do. I went to Yoshimura-san who was happily making a coffee.

"Yoshimura-san." I called.

"Oh, if it isn't Kaneki-kun. What's wrong?" He asked.

"There's something I would like you discuss with you." I said.

"It's about?" He asked.

"Regarding Yukari's protection." I replied.

"Hmm. I understand. Come with me. Let's talk it out." He smiled.

"Yes, thank you." I said.

I followed him to a room where Anteiku staffs usually gather to discuss something but this time, it's only the two of us.

He placed too cups of coffee for me and him. I took a sip and placed it down after.

"I don't wanna waste any time so, I'll state my business." I said.

"Go ahead." He said with a smile.

End of Chapter 39