Chapter 36

Chapter 36

What am I gonna do? Who should I choose?

Should I.. abandon the world and stay here with Ken..? Or be with Kaneki and continue struggling..

Either way, they're both Kaneki Ken.. But, Ken in front of me is the one I really love.. I don't like the Kaneki who hurts.. and kills..

But.. I know that the Kaneki who kills.. is suffering.. and in pain.. I think he needs me to be with him..

On the other hand, the Ken who is so gentle and kind is the one I need.. I want him to be with me and I need him in my life..

Who am I gonna choose? The one who needs me or the one who I need?

But, if I were to choose based solely on my preferences, I would surely choose Ken. Of course, I'd like to be with the person I love. I've already confessed and all so, as much as possible, I want to stay with him..

In this kind of situation, brain does not matter anymore. Fine, I'll use you. For once, I'll use my heart.

I'm trusting you now, Heart. I'll leave everything to you..

I closed my eyes. My teacher once told me that I should choose where more of them will be benefitted than both will suffer even if it means to sacrifice.. All I can ever do is feel right now.. I love Ken more than you could ever imagine.. Yes, I want to be with you. I really want to be with you..

My body naturally moved as I ran towards a direction.

Before I realized it, I was already embracing someone. It feels like I slammed into something cold and stiff.

Yeah, I made the right choice. I chose to go with Kaneki and struggle in the world of cruelty.

"Y-Yukari..?" Ken said as his eyes widened seeing me hug Kaneki.

"Ken.."

I turned to him, facing down.

"I love you, I really do. I want to stay and be with you forever.." I said as I wore a sad expression.

"T-Then, come here--"

"However, I must not leave things undone. Kaneki-kun is suffering and he needs someone to support him.. He's telling me that he needs me.. I chose to sacrifice my happiness and decided to support Kaneki-kun.. That will be my strength.. I will survive where the world is wrong and of course, I will be with Kaneki-kun.. Because, I believe that someday, all of the pain I'll go through will disappear.. And when that time comes, I'll be able to stay with you forever..." I said as I smiled with tears brimming down my face.

"Yukari, thank you for choosing me..." Kaneki-kun said with a faint smile.

Ken smiled sweetly at me.

"I didn't expect this to happen but, you've made a good choice." He said as he patted my shoulder.

"I was expecting you to choose me because I know that you don't wanna get hurt anymore.. But, it's good that your heart was strong enough to go back.. That's what I like about you.." He smiled sweetly.

"But, Ken, don't forget that I love you and you're the only one I'll love.." I said as I leaned on his chest.

"I know." He smiled as he cupped my cheek.

"I'll wait for you here..." He said as he gave a small kiss on my forehead.

He moved back and embraced me tightly. I felt his warmth that led me to embrace him back. He gently stroked my hair.

"That kiss shall be my mark. I'll definitely wait for you here.." He said with a smile as he broke from the hug.

"Ken.." I felt a tear ran down my cheek.

"Now, off you go." He said with a smile.

"Farewell, Ken.." I said as I turned back.

"It's not farewell but, see you." He smiled.

I giggled at him.

"Then, see you, Ken!" I smiled cheerfully as the tears ran down my face.

"Bye.."

Everything suddenly went black. What's happening?

I heard a monotone humming sound.. It sounds like the Air-conditioner.. I can smell something.. it's sweet and fresh..

It smells like Ken.. Dutch Hybrid Irises... Where am I..?

I can feel warmth on my left hand.. someone held me for many times already..

This sensation can only belong to one person..

"Ken.."

I slowly opened my eyes. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the light, the image was blurred as I can see a figure of a man..

Ken..

"Oh, Yukari-chan.. You've come to.." He said.

Huh..? That voice.. who?

As I can clearly see who that man was, I realized that he was Amon Koutarou-san..

I feel weak and I can't feel my body..

"Yukari-chan, how are you feeling?" He asked worriedly.

"A-Amon.. san..?" I muttered.

"I'm so glad you've woken up! It's been a week since you were confined here in the hospital, lying unconscious!" He said.

I felt like I still can't stand up alone..

"Hold on, I'm gonna call the doctor, okay?"

(Kaneki Ken)

I hid myself under the space for the window as I watch Amon-san and Yukari reunite.

Huh..? Yukari.. already woke up..

What is this overwhelming feeling..?

Tears are running down from my eyes to my cheeks.. I feel so relived as happy.

I feel excited and weak at the same time.. I'm shivering all over.. I can't contain all my happiness..!

I'll report this to Yoshimura-san and the others!

End of Chapter 36