Chapter 102

Chapter 102

(Kirishima Ayato)

I let her cry on my chest. I don't know the reason why I'm very soft on her.. If others are like this, I wouldn't have allowed it.

And I wonder why.. I wanted her all to myself. I mean, I was very happy when she left Anteiku and I realize that I keep on telling her to listen only to me..

Maybe.. It's for her power, right? But, if it's for her flesh only, I would've never turned her into a killer and just devoured her without hesitation instead.

Usually.. I don't really care about someone when they're crying or whatever it is.. It's the first I've naturally felt the feeling of caring for someone. I don't want to see her crying and I especially don't want her clinging to the person she adores for.

That's certainly irritating. But now, I don't have to worry about it. She's willing to get rid of that bastard in her heart.

"Don't worry.. I'll help you through all these.." I whispered in her ear.

(Kirishima Touka)

A week has passed and somehow, Kaneki's condition seemed better. He was like a lifeless corpse with a weak heart beat last time but, now he's breathing fine.

All we have to do now is wait for him to regain his consciousness. Well.. No one's here to take care of him so, I was the one in charge.

Yukari's not here and all..

How can I face Kaneki..? Yukari's not here. I mean, she stayed with Aogiri.. Although she did help us.. But still. She's now an enemy.

"U-Ugh.." He exclaimed, moving his head to the side.

I immediately ran to his side.

"K-Kaneki..?" I exclaimed.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he slowly opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Touka.. chan..?" He exclaimed.

Suddenly, his pupils dilated as his eyes widened. It's as if, he remembered something. He quickly sat up and looked around.

"H-Hey! Calm down! You shouldn't move hastily like that!" I scolded.

He looked at me with anxious eyes.

"Yukari..! Where's she?!" He asked.

His question.. As I thought, he'll ask about her first. What am I suppose to answer him?

"Touka-chan! Tell me! Where's Yukari?!" He asked as he grabbed my shoulders.

"Y-Yukari is.." I lowered my head along with gaze.

His face turned pale and his eyes showed disappointment. His eyes began tearing up and he began shivering.

"N-No way.. Yukari.. Yukari should be here.. You brought her along right..? You should've brought her back to Anteiku!" He yelled with tears falling down from his eyes.

"Calm down, Kaneki. If it weren't for her, everyone wouldn't be here all safe and sound--"

"Shut up! Yukari..! You abandoned Yukari!! You're a traitor!!" He yelled.

Anger filled me instantly. Letting my rage burst, I gave him a hard slap on his cheek.

"You bastard..! Listen well!" I grabbed his collar roughly and held it up intimidatingly.

"Yukari stayed in Aogiri out of her own free will!" I shouted at him.

"I tried my best to take her with me but, she insisted on staying in Aogiri! Yukari wanted to fight alongside with Ayato and the rest! So, you have no right to tell me that I'm a traitor!" I got angry to the point of crying.

"Yukari.. Even if she's an idiot.. She's a good girl..! She became one of the significant people in my life..! Of course, it hurts when it makes me remember that she's now an enemy!" I yelled at him.

"Y-Yukari.. An enemy..?" He asked.

"I.. I don't know! I don't know what to think of her..! That time was the last time I get to see her and she said that, it was the last time we'll become allies..!" I said.

"W-What..? No way..!" He exclaimed, surprised.

"I wanted to ask her myself.. Why would she do this to us? Why did she abandon us..?" I sobbed as I felt weak.

"Yukari.. No.."

I released him roughly.

"I've never once betrayed Anteiku or my friends.. I don't know if Yukari did but, I want you to know that I also cared for her..!" I stated as I walked out of the room.

(Kaneki Ken)

No.. No.. This can't be happening.. So, Yukari wasn't lying when she told that she'd leave me?

No..! Yukari!! Why?! Why the hell would you do that..?

You promised me..! Was that all a lie..? No..! Please..! Argh, damn it! Why would you join Aogiri?!

The tears flowed out of my eyes, non-stop. I placed my hand on my face out of frustration.

Sh*t.. That was the time I get to see her..!

I held a tight grip on the sheets causing them to crumple in my hand. My heart hurts.. It's being filled with sorrow and regret..!

If only I had protected her better..! If only I was stronger..!

Damn it..! I'm a failure!

I'm gonna be stronger, Yukari.. I promise you I will save you from Aogiri!

I felt my pupils reacting as I get angry. My kakugan resonated with my anger, unconsciously activating them.

"I swear.. I'll take you back with me..!" I gritted my teeth in anger.

"That won't do, Kaneki-kun." Yoshimura-san entered the room with a stern face on.

"Yoshimura-san..?" I exclaimed.

"Look at you.. All angry and determined to kill. Your murderous aura's everywhere." He said slightly chuckling.

"I'm going to take Yukari back and kill the head of Aogiri--"

"That's impossible." He said.

"What?" My eyes widened in shock.

End of Chapter 102