Chapter 78

Chapter 78

(Kaneki Ken)

I was sure I sensed a threat around Yukari a while ago. I'm sure, he was a Ghoul. He had fled. What a coward. But, I'll keep a close eye on her. She's still irritated, how cute.

When got back to our class, the whole class is having a meeting. So, what's happening here?

"Alright, we'll be deciding on the main characters for our play." Class president said.

"Any nominee?"

No one raised their hands. I absolutely can't take part in the play.

"Alright then, we'll do draw lots."

I went to the box and picked one. I looked at Yukari and she began turning pale.

"What the heck..?!" She exclaimed.

"Ooooh! She got Cinderella!"

"Hooray for our heroine!"

"Damn it!" She exclaimed.

If she's Cinderella then, it would be nice if I were her partner then. She and I will be lovey-dovey, I'll be glad to pair up with her.

I began feeling nervous as I unfolded my paper. Here it is..! My eyes widened as it says:

Chief Soldier

My jaw dropped to the floor and my heart was like, shattered to pieces by a hammer.

Why do I have to be so lame?! I crumpled the paper in my hands and I shivered in anger.

"Uoooh! Takeshi-kun got the commoner's role!"

"He's so lucky to be the hero of the story with Seijo-san!"

"Kyaaah! Takeshi-kun looks so cool in that role!"

Takeshi Ryu.. That bastard, one of the most popular guys in the campus. He's attitude is a total flirt and I don't like him that much so, I don't talk to him.

"Alright, guys! We have the scripts! Have a look on them, everyone!"

Class president gave each of us a copy. I skimmed it, wondering how I would portray my role. But what surprised me the most is, there's an intimate scene between Cinderella and the commoner!

I gritted my teeth in irritation and I unconsciously placed a tight grip on the script causing it to be crumpled in my hands. Takeshi Ryu.. I'm gonna kill you if you touch Yukari with your filthy hands..

I see him discussing their roles with Yukari. Sh*t.. My blood is boiling..! I'm so pissed off. I don't want anything to happen between them! Take anyone but not Yukari!

I went towards them and went in between them.

"Yukari. We have a Math assignment. Have you done it yet?" I asked.

"Ah! Crap, I forgot!"

"Then, let's get going."

"Wait but, we have to start making props." Takeshi stopped.

"We're done with our tasks and it's time to go home." I said.

I took my bag and also Yukari's bag with me. I held her hand tightly and pulled her with me.

"Hey, Kaneki-kun. Are you in a hurry?" She asked.

"I'm not. Anyway, stay in Anteiku first then, I'll take you back to your home." I said.

"O-Okay.." She hesitatedly answered.

We got to her room and started answering the assignment. She's asking questions from time to time and it looks like she's improved at her Mathematics.

"Uwaaah! My head's bleeding already!" She complained as she stretched.

"Maybe you should take a break for a while." I suggested.

"Yep! I should!" She excitedly said.

She took the remote to the television and turned it on. It was channelled on the breaking news.

TV: Breaking news. A number of female high school students were found severely injured in the dark corners of Tokyo. 15 cases have been committed in a week and 10 have died already. Cause of injury and death is a deep laceration using knife as a weapon in different parts of the body. Female high school students claimed that the criminal is about as young as them, has a shaggy black hair, wears black long sleeved leather jacket, and wears a black mask with the design of red orbs as the eyes and holds a menacing grin. If you have seen a man similar to this descriptions, please report to the police or ask for help to the nearest police station.

"15 cases in week?! That's so insane!" Yukari exclaimed, shocked.

"I can't believe it! Does he even have conscience in his heart? Is he human at all?!" She stated, irritated at the news.

"You have a point." I said.

"Huh?" She exclaimed, confused.

"He might not be human at all." I said.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Committing 15 cases in a week seems pretty hard for a human to do unless he is trained well. But, for a Ghoul, killing humans is so easy. It takes no effort for a Ghoul to kill a human girl of that age." I stated.

Suddenly, another breaking news appeared.

TV: Another body has been found in the abandoned building. It's a fifteen year old high school student named ***** ****** and she died just fifteen minutes ago. Her arms and feet were chopped so, she could not escape. And judging from the area around her right shoulder, there are bite marks and the saliva left from the crime scene is said to be from a Ghoul's. I advice people to be extra careful since this is a very serious case.

What..?! A Ghoul? I gritted my teeth and I began feeling nervous. So, if I hadn't come to Yukari earlier, she would've been a victim..

I balled my hand into fists. Just who is this Ghoul?

I pondered for a few minutes about what to do with this case. Then, I finally decided.

I'm gonna end this case. I'll find that bastard and kill him.

When it was time for Yukari to go back to their home, I walked her to her apartment. Then, Amon-san welcomed us.

"First class, Amon-san." I called.

"What is it, Kazuki-kun?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you." I said.

Amon-san looked at Yukari.

"Would you give us a moment, Yukari?" Amon-san said.

"Um.. Okay, aniki." She agreed.

Yukari went upstairs, to her room, leaving me and Amon-san in the living room.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" He asked.

"Have you heard the news, Amon-san?" I asked.

He crossed his arms, frowned and nodded.

"I'm sorry but, I think you should look after her more." I said.

"You're right. The Ghoul's target is female high school students about her age." Amon-san said.

"I'm worrying about her since she's sometimes clumsy and reckless. I heard that she was the only one who survived after the accident with the Centipede. I don't want her to be in trouble. That's why, I'm asking you to look after her even if it reaches the highest possible protection. Please!" I bowed as lowly as possible.

"Please raise your head. I understand. I'm her guardian and I can't afford to fail here. She's my responsibility so, I'll do everything to protect her." Amon-san said.

"Thank you very much!"

Soon, I left them. Now, I can be at ease and focus on killing that Ghoul. But of course, I will also keep Yukari in my sights.

End of Chapter 78