Chapter 82

Chapter 82

(Kirishima Ayato)

I hurried back to the head quarters bringing the book with me. I saw one of Aogiri's member.

"Hey, where's Tatara-san?" I asked as I grabbed his shoulder.

"Good to see you, Ayato-sama. He's in the meeting room, waiting for your return." He said.

"Good."

I went to the meeting room and saw Tatara-san standing in front of the window while looking at the view and Eto sitting on the floor while playfully swinging her feet back and forth.

"Tatara-san. I've returned." I said.

He turned to me with his usual emotionless face.

"Kirishima. The book?" He asked.

"It's right here." I replied giving the book to him.

"Oh, you're injured, Ayato-kun?" Eto asked.

"A little. The one-eyed bastard interrupted with my work and killed many of my men." I reported.

"He's gotten a lot stronger, ne?" She said.

"Tch.." I exclaimed, irritated.

"Kirishima, good job getting this book. Any news from the 20th ward?" Tatara-san asked as he started examining the book in his hands.

"Negative. I haven't found the Rose Apple." I answered honestly.

"I see."

"But, I found one girl who's very suspicious." I said.

"And?" He asked as he read the contents of the book, flipping the pages after he had read it.

"She has a peculiar scent. She definitely smelled like a Rose." I said.

Tatara-san suddenly stopped reading. He looked at me straight to the eye. His eyes narrowed down and I can picture him smirking evilly.

"Take her." He ordered.

"Eh?" I exclaimed.

"You did a job well done, Kirishima. You've found the Rose Apple." He said.

"I.. I have to take her?" I asked.

I felt a slight hesitation in my heart. That girl.. She's the owner of the handkerchief.. And also became my very first friend.. What will they do if I take her in Aogiri..?

"What's wrong, Ayato-kun?" Eto asked peering at me carefully.

"H-Huh..?"

"Kirishima. Hesitating, are we?" Tatara-san asked.

He slowly and calmly approached me. He looked straight into my eyes.

"What is wrong, Kirishima? I see hesitation in your eyes." He said.

"I-I.. I'm not.."

"If you think it's wrong to take her because she's an innocent human then, I'll tell you something good."

He leaned forward and intently stared into my eyes. I flinched and gulped in fear.

"Just so you know, she is the fruit that Adam and Even ate in order to become sinners. Do not hesitate to take her for she is the root of all evil and we mythical creatures are of the same length with her." He sternly whispered.

"B-But, I--"

"Don't you resent humans? Remember, we are on the top of the food chain so, it's natural that we are the strongest. Take her and we'll make those humans realize that we're the strongest." He said.

I made me pondered his wise sayings. That's right. What am I hesitating for? We are strong. Because, we are Ghouls.

"I am not hesitating. I will take her." I declared.

"Good."

When I was about to go, Tatara-san stopped me by saying:

"And one more thing."

I turned to him and listened.

"The Centipede has returned." He said.

"That's right and he's actually with the Rose Apple." I said.

"Then, I'll have you and Noro collaborate and take her. Plan up with him and make sure that this mission will go successful." He ordered.

"I understand." I replied.

I'll surely take that girl this time. I have Noro with me and we can take that bastard together. Revenge is served.

(Seijo Yukari)

Suddenly, Amon-san's phone rang he stood up and excused himself. I wonder what it is about. Then, he returned.

"I have to go." Aniki said.

"Why? We haven't finished the beer yet." Shinohara-san whined.

"There's an accident that a occurred in the public library a while ago and a lot of corpses of Ghouls and humans were found." He said.

Corpses of Ghouls?! Kaneki-kun wouldn't be there, right?!

"Any survivors?" Aneki asked.

"Only the librarian survived. Sorry, Akira but, could you take Yukari back to the building?" Aniki said.

"What?! I'm coming with you!" I protested.

I need to check if Kaneki-kun wasn't there! I hope he isn't..!

"No, Yukari! It's so dangerous!" Aniki said.

"B-But--"

"Why would you want to see a pile of corpses?" Suzuya-kun asked.

He looked at me with an ominous smirk.

"Could you actually like Ghoul..?" He asked.

"I never say that I liked Ghouls. I'm just thinking that maybe a friend of mine was involved." I said.

"Hmm~ Is that so?" He asked with a smile.

"Juuzou, you're being rude to her." Shinohara-san said.

"No, it's fine." I said.

"I'm sorry, Yukari-chan!~ As an apology, I'll be the one to take you back!" Suzuya-kun smiled cheerfully.

"Juuzzou, please." Aniki said.

"What?!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

"Go with him, Yukari." Aniki ordered seriously.

I sighed in defeat and frustration. I can't get away from aniki.. I hope Kaneki-kun is fine..

End of Chapter 82