Chapter 71

Chapter 71

(Kirishima Ayato)

I walked towards my seat and sat down.

"Well then, let us begin." He said.

"Have you all known about the rumored, Rose Apple?" He questioned all of us.

What's that? I have never heard of it.

"Isn't that just a legendary?" Eto said with her a little distorted voice of a kid's.

Even if it's a legendary, I have never heard of it. What's that anyway? A fruit?

"Excuse me but, what is it that?" I asked.

"You haven't heard of it, Kirishima?"

"No, sorry.."

"Having the name Rose Apple implies Immortality. Have you heard of the sin of Adam and Eve? It was said that they've eaten from the forbidden tree, the Tree of Knowledge and thus they're banned from the garden of Eden." Eto explained.

"And yes, the fruit from that tree is said to be the Rose Apple." Tatara-san continued.

"So, what are you trying to convey about the Rose Apple?" I asked.

"The Rose Apple is a gifted human girl born every 8 decades. That special human has the ability to regenerate, non stop and is said to stay the same until the end of her days." Tatara-san said.

I chuckled at his explanation. It's interesting.

"So, if Ghouls would have her then, they'll have an unlimited supply of food." I chuckled.

"Exactly, Kirishima. And what's more, her blood makes us stronger, and her flesh makes us immortal." He added.

"For real?!" I exclaimed, surprised.

"Then, what is our mission?" Eto asked.

"We have to take the Rose Apple." Tatara-san stated in a serious tone.

"I thought it's only a legendary. How can we obtain that human girl?" I asked.

"For now, we don't have any leads of who she is. But, we will soon identify her. We'll have a research about it. But, for now, we have a new mission ahead." He said.

"One more question. Why do we have to take her?" I asked.

"Good question, Kirishima. Have you heard of the mythical creatures like vampires and such? Those creatures possess the power of immortality and we all know that they all have dark spirits within them. Based on human's knowledge and references, we Ghouls are classified as one of the mythical creatures. But, why don't we have the power of immortality? The Rose Apple is what we need to gain unlimited power and with the Rose Apple within our hands, we can finally triumph above everything. We will be unparalleled." He stated.

"I get it. It's a good plan." I said as I crossed my arms.

"We will have to research about the Rose Apple but, for the mean time, I want you to investigate the 20th ward, Kirishima. Noro will be on the 11th ward and Eto will come with me. Have the other Ghouls come with you if you need them." He commanded.

"Yes." I agreed.

Noro just slightly nodded in agreement.

"Kirishima, if you see any suspicious girl in the 20th ward, keep an eye on her until we get the necessary information about the Rose Apple. Same with you, Noro."

"I understand." I said.

Noro nodded in agreement.

"Good. Now your dismissed."

We went out of the meeting room but, Eto and Tatara-san stayed there. Now I'm going back to that peaceful sh*tty place. I might run into that baka aneki but, I don't wanna see her. That carbon copy of pops. I placed my hand in my pockets and started walking away. I'll take my subordinates and have them search for that damn Rose Apple.

(Kaneki Ken)

I was from the underground basement because I've just finished my training. I have to work harder to be able to control myself when I'm in Kakujya form. Although my daily life has improved, the event where I had struck Yukari keeps on haunting me in my dreams.

That's why, I've started training again.. Furthermore, I've realized that I like her and she's very important to me.. I don't want her to get hurt again. Just being able to do this enough.. I'm not expecting her to love me back.. I've become a killer in front of her eyes cause' I've killed her parents..

Even if I killed them for Yukari's own good.. That's a burden that can't vanish that easily. Furthermore, I became a Ghoul and she's a human.. A relationship like that seems impossible for me. Someone like me, a murderer has no right to love freely..

Just being by her side and protecting her is more than enough..

As I walked upstairs and reached the hallway. I suddenly felt a little bit hungry.. Damn.. I'll just wait till I can't suppress it anymore and hunt later on. I'm not that hungry, anyways.. I bumped into Touka-chan coincidently.

"Oh. Finished your shift?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Then, I'll be on my room." I said.

As I was about to walk away, she grabbed my shoulder from behind.

"Wait." She stopped me.

I turned to her so, we could talk properly.

"Do you have a minute?" She asked.

I nodded as I waited for her to speak.

"So, what's this about?" I asked.

"It's an important matter regarding Yukari being the Rose Apple." She said.

"Oh? Well isn't that interesting." I said.

"It's just some info I've gathered when I got to the library."

"Let's hear it, then."

"The Rose Apple is said to naturally release energy when she the particular emotions are met and these are shame, terror, anxiety, pain, and the most complicated is love. But, it will only affect the person who she meant it to. So, if you are bothered about unconsciously sucking her vitality, you better be calm about this since you're not sucking it anyway. The energy comes from her emotions." Touka-chan explained.

Waves of happiness flowed inside me. I can't help but smile because I was relived and very happy.

"Isn't that a good news?" I cheered.

"Yeah." She nodded and slightly smiled as well.

"Where did you find it?" I asked.

"I got it from the library. There were a lot more pages that I couldn't read so, just read it from there. I think the title was the Rose Apple, bla bla bla. It's too long, I can't memorize it." She complained.

I was shocked when I heard it. A book about her..? Damn it! Where is it? I need to find it! I held a strong grip as I began to worry again. A lot of Ghouls think that the Rose Apple only exist as a legendary.. This is really bad.. Once they find out about Yukari, she's gonna be in a real danger!

End of Chapter 71