Chapter 73

Chapter 73

(Seijo Yukari)

We continued studying further and somehow, my brain was squeezed that hard. Damn.. Math can be so torturing!

"Wait.. Let's take a little break.." Kaneki-kun said.

He held a tight grip on his hands. Huh? What's wrong with him?

"Kaneki-kun?" I asked as I touched him.

He looked away as if he didn't want me to see him. This time, he was holding on his shirt tightly.

"Kaneki-kun? What's wrong?" I worriedly asked.

I held his hand and when he turned to me, his kakugan shone. I was very surprised and scared.

"K-Kaneki-kun.. Y-Your e-eye.." I said with fear dominating me.

(Kaneki Ken)

"K-Kaneki-kun.. Y-Your e-eye.." She said as she shivered.

I felt a different kind of energy. It was intense and striking through me. I probably got it from Yukari's fear. But.. Right now, I'm so hungry..

I want to eat..

I want to eat flesh..!

Argh! Stop thinking about it..! Yukari might be in danger..!

"Stay back.." I said, controlling myself.

"Kaneki-kun.. D-Don't tell me you're at your limit.." She said, still scared.

"Yeah.. That's why, run while you still can. Or I might obliterate you.." I said as I started quivering because I was having a hard time in controlling my hunger.

"B-But--"

"No buts.. Just go.." I ordered.

"I.. I.."

"I don't wanna hurt you anymore.." I said with a faint smile.

"I.. absolutely didn't decide to cower in fear.." She said as she moved towards me.

She cupped my cheeks softly and gently which incredibly shocked me. She closed her eyes and I was so surprised as I felt her lips collided on mine. The energy flowed through me greatly.

"That's why.. I'll take that pain.." She said with a teary eyed smile.

When I tasted her energy, I am left wanting for more.. I started lusting after her vitality. I want more..

"Why did you do that..? Now you made it worse.." I said, gritting my teeth.

"You have protected me several times so, I want to give you this in exchange.. At least, I can do this for you.. I owe you my life.." She said.

"Are you an idiot..? You better stop this.. You'll only get hurt.." I said.

She suddenly wrapped her arms around me, giving me a warm and cozy embrace. The energy once again flowed.. It's different from the energy I got from Yukari's fear.. It's so gentle and kind.. It's the sweetest of everything..

"Something like this is nothing.. In exchange for protecting me.. I'll keep you alive by this.." She softly whispered.

"Go on.. Help yourself.." She said.

Help yourself..

I'm greatly tempted by those words. The words that I know that would give me pleasure and satisfaction.. The words that would quench my thirst..

The words that would end the pain of starvation..

Those are the words that Ghouls are very pleased to hear..