Chapter 97

Chapter 97

(Kaneki Ken)

We reached the 6th ward after two weeks and began investigating. It seems peaceful and calm. It seems that they don't know anything about the assault of Aogiri next week.

After investigating, we decided to meet up at an old building nearby which was deserted and with no people around.

"I'll go directly to the point. After investigating, I learned that they have no clue about Aogiri's assault next week." Nishio-senpai said.

Then, an idea popped in my head. I smirked at the thought and turned to all of them.

"I have a suggestion then." I said.

They all looked at me, saying that they're all ears.

"Why don't we collaborate with the Ghouls of the 6th ward and attack Aogiri together?" I stated.

"Well, isn't that a good idea?" Uta-san said, smiling.

"If we form an alliance with them then the chances of defeating Aogiri and of course claiming Yukari will be higher, right?" I said.

"Yeah, you're right. We better do that. But, let me guess, you want to team up with them not because you want to defeat Aogiri but because you want to retrieve Yukari." Touka-chan said with a teasing chuckle.

"T-That's not it.." I mumbled with my cheeks burning red.

"Anyway, let's get to their leader. We should take action as fast as we can." Yomo-san said.

We all went to a Ghoul passing by to ask who their leader is. And when he told us, we went to the meeting venue.

(Seijo Yukari)

Five days have already passed and the bloody battle is nearly approaching. Since I've heard about that mission, I couldn't stop thinking about it. As in, I've been very sleepless.

I always dream about deaths and I can always see the worst case scenario.

I'm scared to death..

I'm scared to hurt, to die, and most especially to kill.. I don't wanna kill anymore..

I feel so regretful, frustrated, and painful.. It really hurts to see someone to kill by your own hands especially when you're against it.

Every night I cry, I pray and apologize to the people I've hurt during my training. But no matter how hard I try to repent, they just won't accept me and keep haunting me..

My hands are already tainted by blood..

It always makes me think that I'd rather die than hurt people.. I hate this..!

I had the ring that Kaneki-kun gave me during the play on my finger. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. If Kaneki-kun wasn't here, I would have ended up crazy..

"Yukari, it's time." Ayato-kun opened the door of my room and entered.

"Yes." I answered while not looking at him.

I have to.. kill again. Kaneki-kun..

I placed the ring on my finger to my lips and kissed it. Being trained with knives, I placed a total of 50 small knives in my long and huge coat. It can hurt both humans and Ghouls.

But of course, I kept Demon's Bane inside my clothes as well.

I turned around and walked towards Ayato-kun.

"Since you'll be trained to stay in Aogiri, of course, you'll have to kill humans too." He said.

I turned to him and gave a disagreeing look.

"We didn't agree on this--"

"It was your choice to stay in Aogiri." He sternly said.

"B-But--"

"Are you hesitating, Yukari? I told you, we have to get rid of that merciful emotion." He said.

"No..! Not humans..!" I protested.

"If you don't want to do it then, you can't gain what you want.." He whispered in my ear.

I immediately lost my will to go against him. I controlled myself and kept silent.

"That's right.. If you wish to fulfill your wish, all you have to do is follow me and only me.." He softly whispered in my ear.

I paused for a second and thought of an answer. Then, I finally answered:

"Yes." I replied.

"Good. Then, come with me." He said with a menacing smirk.

I went with him and got to the 11th ward. We hid behind a huge wall and spotted two Ghoul investigators.

"What are we doing here, Ayato-kun?" I asked.

"Crush their hearts." He ordered.

I reverted my eyes towards my targets. I have to kill again.. I hate this.. I'm sorry but..

I'll have to kill you now.

I dashed towards them in my fullest speed and while they were still in a daze, I quickly slashed their carotid arteries using two knives.

The blood spurted out, splashing on my cheek. I stood up and turned around.

"They're already dead." I said in a low tone, feeling sorry for them and feeling regretful for what I did.

"Good. But, that's not what I'm asking for." He said.

"What?"

"I said, crush their hearts." He sternly and firmly said.

My eyes widened, surprised.

"Are you kidding me?!" I angrily exclaimed.

"I'm serious. Go, crush their damn hearts."

"I already killed them! What else do you want?!" I angrily yelled at him.

"That's not enough. I want to exterminate that mushy heart of yours towards humans. The only ones who you should care about is me, Tatara-san, Eto, Noro, and the other members of the Aogiri!" He yelled back.

"I won't do that. I've done enough." I said as I turned away from them.

"Are you defying me?" He asked as he grabbed my arm.

His grip started tightening which sent pain to my arm.

"O-Ow..!"

"Who do you think you're talking to?" He asked angrily.

He pushed me towards the wall and placed his hands beside my face to corner me.

"Listen well, Yukari. I may be soft on you but that doesn't mean that you can defy me. Who was the one who trained you? Who was the one who helped you? You should be grateful. I'm doing you a a great favor." He said angrily.

He's right... He's the one helping me and I probably couldn't do anything without him.

"Now go to them and crush their hearts!" He ordered.

"Y-Yes.." I answered hesitantly.

I slowly went towards them. I took one knife and raised my arm high. I held my eyes closed and apologized in my head.

"Keep your eyes open, Yukari!"

I hesitantly opened my eyes and brought my arm down to strike through his chest.

"Argh!" I exclaimed as I was forced to crush his heart.

I felt the knife had gone through his ribs and cut a very soft muscle. It was like squeezing an orange pulp. That moment, I realized I really crushed a human's heart.

The blood spurted out from his chest like fountain.. It splashed on my cheeks.

Tears overflowed and I began breathing heavily. I started having the urge to vomit by puking.

No, I can't do this anymore..!

I've become a murderer..

End of Chapter 97