Chapter 32

Chapter 32

(Kirishima Touka)

I saw Irimi-san bringing Yukari back to Kaneki's room. I thought they were gonna put her back to her room.

"Bye, take care of her. Also, rest for a while, okay?" Irimi-san said as she shut the door close.

Then, she noticed me and smiled.

"What's up, Touka-chan?" She asked.

"I thought Yukari'll be back in her own room." I said.

"Oh. Haha, Kaneki seems to want to look after her. Honestly, I can sense something fishy!~" She said with a giggle.

"You sound calm even after seeing Yukari in that state.. We don't know if she'll wake up or not.." I said, a little sad for Yukari's condition.

"Don't take that too seriously." She said as she patted my back.

She smiled at me gently.

"I too am worried for her but, I'm quite sure that Yukari will live. With Kaneki by her side, I'm sure she will open her eyes again. And I'm also sure that Yukari that it's also in Yukari's will to see Kaneki again." She said with a smile.

"You're too optimistic, Irimi-san." I said with a chuckle.

"Well, life's short so, we have to enjoy it to the fullest." She stated as she started walking away while humming.

Maybe I'm overthinking things? Oh, it's about time I take Yukari's medicine to her. I went to Yoshimura-san and he gave me the medicine. At least, she needs as much as she needs.

I went to Kaneki's room. I quietly opened it and saw him gently stroking Yukari's hair while staring at her with gentle but, melancholic eyes. I can sense his anxiety..

I knocked two times as I entered.
"Kaneki, I brought her medicine." I said.

He turned to me with sad eyes. He made a sigh.

"Thanks, Touka-chan.." He said as he faintly smiled.

I went to him and patted his back to comfort him.

"We can't expect Yukari to open her eyes in an instant, you know? It might take a week or two." I said.

"I know.. But, it's almost impossible to think that she'll come back. Almost like 0.0001% chance." He said as he looked back at Yukari.

"But, there's still a chance. In times like this, all you can do is believe. She's not gonna die that easily. Who knows she might wake up tomorrow." I said.

"Okay.." He stated sadly.

"Don't give up. Hang in there, okay?" I slightly slapped his back as I left his room.

(Kaneki Ken)

As Touka-chan left, I gently stroked Yukari's hair. I'm starting to regret being cold to you and doing everything that could hurt you..

I'm sorry..

The medicine Touka-chan left.. I need to give it to Yukari.. I'll do everything I can to make you stay..

(Kirishima Touka)

I felt the sun's rays hitting my faces enabling my to wake up. Ugh.. curse that sunshine. I want to sleep a bit more..

As I tried to stand up, my wounds stung a bit.

"Tsk." I exclaimed in irritation.

I'm covered in bandages. I need to get to school, won't they think I'm weird? Oh, that's right, I have to visit Yukari and give her some medicine.