Decision

MEEREN

"Let her go" Daenerys was sitting on the top of the stairs, on her throne. Jon was standing on her side. His hand was on her shoulder meanwhile his other hand was on his sword. Daario and three of his men were around Brienne, and it was clear they were amazed by her huge sizes. Dany glanced towards the entrance and Grey Worm was there with some of his men if things turn wrong.
"Our daughter?" she turned to Jon and asked quietly.
"With Ser Davos" he leaned closer to her.
"And..."
"In the cage. Don't worry." he caressed her shoulder. Brienne noticed how close they are, and she did not understand. She is alive. That was even impossible, and they were together, so Bran did not lie about it. She shook her head.
"Traitor." she murmured barely audible. They did not hear clearly that she said, but everyone turned to her. Dany also saw Nesera and Yara on the other side of the room.
"Lady Nesera, please go and find Jon's sister. She must be here somewhere. Inside." she ordered her, and she nodded then turned to leave. That moment Brienne spotted Yara too. She was more confused.
"You." she sighed.
"Lady Brienne."
"Ser as I know." Daenerys corrected Yara then turned back to Brienne. "Daario I told you to let her go."
"She tried to kill you," Daario mentioned.
"There are quite a few who have tried" she answered and raised her eyebrow
"One succeeded." Grey Worm stepped closer to Brienne and Daario and he raised his eyes at Jon. Daenerys decided to ignore his words at that moment. She stood up and clasped her hands. "Even Arya Stark tried to kill me when she arrived." she started and took a step down on the stairs towards Ser Brienne. "You know her, and her... skills. What do you think she would have not done it if I was really her enemy?" she asked Brienne. Jon followed her down the stairs. Brienne remained in silence. "I asked a question." Daenerys continued.
"You can easily talk when there are so many soldiers around you." she made a face.
"There were many soldiers around me in Westeros too. Yet I died because I made a horrible mistake." she was talking so confidently. Jon felt himself uncomfortable because she was talking about it. He wanted to forget that day, and everyone reminded him day by day. "Now I am here, for a reason. I am not your enemy. Bran Stark is our common enemy. Mine, yours and every living in the world." Dany continued and she kept her eyes on Brienne.
"He did not kill many innocent people like you."
"Yet." Dany added. "As I said, I made a horrible mistake that day, and I know that. Forgiveness is a hard thing. One of the most complex and most hard things in the world. Not everyone is able to do it. I still ask your forgiveness, for the crimes that I made against the people. I paid the price. The man who I loved with all my heart, killed me because he had to put a knife to my heart to save the others. To save his sisters and all the innocent people who survived that horrible day. He could forgive me, and I could forgive him. If you look around, you see Yara Greyjoy also could forgive me, and Arya Stark too. She is here, because of her own will. Because she decided to fight for me, and for her brother. She decided to fight in the right side against the darkness." she was standing right in front of Brienne, and Jon was there next to her. Everyone was ready if the big woman made any step towards Daenerys.
"How could you turn against your brother and your sister, Sansa?"
"Bran is not my brother anymore. My brother would have never tried to kill my daughter." Jon answered in a very serious tone. Brienne's mouth falls open.
"Yes, it is true. Bran sent assassins several times to kill my love and my daughter. That man is not my brother. He became something different. You really think Ser Davos or Samwell Tarly would be here if it weren't so?" Jon asked her. After some seconds of silence, Brienne finally answered.
"And Sansa?"
"Sansa betrayed me and betrayed the Queen," Jon answered.
"Yet, I ... we forgive her," Daenerys added and glanced to Jon above her shoulder. "I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't even want to rule Westeros anymore, but Bran Stark doesn't give us any other option, then start a war. And we have to fight if we want to live. Or our lives will be in danger forever." Dany was looking into her eyes. "You don't know me well Ser but you can see with your own eyes, that I am not lying to you. Why else these people would be here?" she spread her arms and looked around.
"Fear," Brienne answered. Dany rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "And stupidity" she looked at Jon. "The man in love is a fool"
"I see I can't convince you." Daenerys tried to remain as calm as she could.
"I've told you. I want to see Arya Stark and hear it from her."
"She is telling the truth." Yara stepped closer to Brienne.
"You are a traitor. You left in the first minute when she asked you to betray your King. You Greyjoys never knew morality and loyalty."
"Watch your mouth Ser Brienne" Yara made a face.
"You are, just like him." she turned back to Jon. "He should have stayed at the wall. Where his brother sent him."
"For a crime, for which he is responsible." Jon hissed. "He knew... he knew all along, what is going to happen and he did not do anything to warn us." he raised his voice. "He sacrificed those innocents, he sacrificed his own brother to reach his goal. To rule the world."
"It was not him who killed all those people, it was not him to set fire all King's Landing." Brienne raised her voice too. "It was her"