Price

KING'S LANDING

"How it goes?" Samwell found Daario in front of the huge castle. They were trying to clean up the city, and they made huge bonfires to burn the dead bodies. Two days passed since they won the battle. The greatest battle ever. 
"It takes some more days" Daario sighed then turned to Sam. He was looking at him questioningly. Sam knows what he wanted to ask and just shook his head for an answer. Daario nodded and took a deep breath. He turned back to the streets.
"We won. Only... only that matters." Sam placed his hand on his shoulder. 
"But for what price?" Daario glanced at him and left him there to help the others around. 
"He always loved her." Tyrion interrupted Sam after Daario left him there. "I mean he never stopped loving the Queen and I am sure he blames himself. That he was not there with her." he continued. 
"We have huge losses, that is sure, but humanity survived," Samwell answered. 
"My Lords." A woman stopped in front of them with a small little child in her arms.
"What can we do for you?" Tyrion smiled at the woman. "Do you need food for the baby, or...?"
"No. No. We have everything." she answered with a small smile and adjusted the baby in her arms. "Ahm... is there any chance to meet with the rulers? I mean I want to..."
"You mean Bran, the Broken?" Tyrion frowned and surprised. 
"No. I do not owe any thanks to him." she made it clear what she thinks about Bran "I want to thank that Stark man and the Dragon Queen that they saved us. That they came back and helped to stop those creatures." she explained. Tyrion glanced at Sam. He narrowed his eyes but he had no idea what to answer. "We cannot be grateful enough for what they did." the woman continued. 
"Ahm, they are not the rulers of the Seven Kingdoms. Jon Snow is not a King." Tyrion corrected her words.
"For me, he is more a King than anyone else in the shit history of this land." she looked into his eyes.
"And the Dragon Queen?" Tyrion raised a brow. "If you call Jon Snow as your King that means Daenerys Targaryen is your Queen." he wanted to hear her reaction. 
"We all did horrible things in our lives, my Lord. Many years passed, and we are not like northerners. We can forget and forgive and... give new chances. Especially if the person deserves it. That woman may do horrible things, but if the gossips are true she came back from death and...  we saw with our own eyes, how she wants to fix her mistakes, how she uses her dragons to save all of us from that terrible thing. You should understand this, you've got forgiveness many times as I know" 

Arya was sitting next to Gendry's bed. He was weak, but his life was not in danger anymore. Sam took care of his wounds and gave him some medicines. He just had to rest a lot. She was holding his hands and smiled at him when he opened his eyes. 
"You are here," he whispered to her.
"Where else would I be?" she rolled her eyes. 
"What... what happened there?" Gendry tried to remember but he had only blurred pictures in his head.
"You don't have to worry about it. It ended. And you are going to be fine." she caressed his head. 
"But... but what happened with Jon? And... the kid? And... do they survive?" Gendry kept asking the questions and Arya swallowed a quite big one. 
"Wish I knew what happened, but ... "

2 DAYS EARLIER - THE FINAL BATTLE

Arya left Gendry behind and the Night King turned to her. He was clearly smiling, but at least she could avoid the Night King's attention from Jon until he stands up. He has to stand up. It cannot end that way. She wanted to help, and she defeated him once. The Night King raised his arms. Spread his arms, and looked around but nothing happened. Arya stopped for a moment, she did not want to run into the dead's arms, if he can resurrect them again. She pulled out her sword and waited for them to stand up, but no one moved. Nothing happened. The Night King's face turned mad. He clearly did not understand what happened and why he can't bring his army back. 
"Arya" she heard how Gendry was shouting her name. At first, she did not turn in his direction. She saw how Jon finally straightened himself and raised his sword again. The storm became crueler and they barely could see anything through the snow. "Arya," Gendry repeated her name again, she turned in his direction for a moment. He raised his finger to show her something but when she turned back to the direction of the Night King some huge light came across the field and it hit her body so hard. She hit her head to the ground and lost consciousness.