Chapter 2: The Heartbreak Hotel

"All my ladies, all my gentleman, all my players, all my hoes, you know what time it is! Its time to break out with the hottest music and dance moves right here, right now! This place is the Heartbreak hotel, where your heart might not be the only thing that gets broken!" The sound of the loud music coming over the speakers filled my ears as I stood behind the counter of the bar. Watching as all the familiar faces strolled in smiling and laughing as they took seats in front of the stage where the DJ, Tim was standing. He was telling them about the night they were about to have, as if they didn't already know.

It was what we called karaoke night. Mainly, what we did was sing the popular songs that was played on the radio, and have the traditional dance competitions. It wasn't as popular as our normal nights where we played songs that we had written on our own, but it did give the writers a break to just have fun and not stress over the band playing the notes exactly right. Jojo would complain of that all the time.

"Hey, Aj." I glanced up to see my neighbor Johnnie standing in front of me, smiling. He rested his head on his fist.

"What do you want, Johnnie?"

"The same as usual."

I peered up at him disgustingly. " You're going to have to get Shay to do that," I said as I pointed towards the back. " I'm not allowed to give any alcohol to you."

He sucked his teeth childishly, "So? Almost everything we do in the club is illegal, why do you have to be the good girl?" He leaned in closer to me, his smile growing wider. He disgusted me so much, not as much as Dee's twin brother anytime he tried to flirt with me, but this guy was seriously making me want to throw up and drown in my own vomit.

He was ridiculously tall and skinny with this big bobble head he could barely hold on his own shoulders, a huge oversized nose, small round dark brown eyes that looked like they were sucked into his face, and lips that were so big and so wide that he could probably drink all of the Earth's water if it was possible. He always wore clothes that what looked like to be six sizes too big and he always tried to walk with is quote, unquote, pimp walk. I thought he was just stupid on so many levels that was just straight up crazy.

"I'm sixteen, I'm just trying to save my ass. " I answered his question casually as I stepped back to have some breathing room. "Now if you're done flirting you can go to the other side of the bar and have Shay fix your drink."I cocked my head to the side, raising my eyebrow and pursing my lips.

"Who said I wanted alcohol, " he asked, as he continued to foolishly smile at me. " I could want what ever it is you're serving."

"You did, just now."

He stared at me for a moment before nodding his head slowly. "Man, I walked right into that."

"Uh-huh, now go, you're holding up the line. "I shooed him as I turned towards the glasses and began setting them out on the counter in a straight line.

I shook my head as the next person sat in front of me, and gave her order.