Chapter 27: Big Girl's Don't Cry

When Michael's tour started I didn't see him much. Actually during the whole six months I didn't see him at all. The group was busy. We were crazy busy. If it wasn't an interview it was a performance. We had to work our schedule around me school time until I graduated that June and when I did graduate it was crazier than it was before. We were going from New York to Florida to Atlanta to Los Angeles. We were becoming bigger and bigger now that the album was out. We couldn't go anywhere without being noticed by fans.

The only contact I had with Michael was over the phone. We would talk about everything and anything under the sky. it was almost like it was when we had first met. When I graduated he was just finishing the first leg of his tour. I knew that I would start seeing him again before the second leg. It was heavy on my mind as June 11th neared. Seeing him was hard. It seem as though I was falling harder for him with every touch. When I was with him I tend to forget everything that I felt. I was on a high cloud. A cloud of his love. But then something happened that reminds me that I had to walk that road alone. The thought of hurting him was one thing I couldn't bare doing. The thought of it made me cry. I knew it was time for me to grow up and make peace. It was time for me to start being a big girl and big girls take responsibility. They have to be independent. They have to be strong. It was time for me to be a big girl, and big girls don't cry.

Michael's Ex, Vanessa, became well acquainted with De. They shared the same fashion interest. So of course she invited us all to her birthday party in Los Angeles. It was in some club that a lot of celebrities went to. We all went there together, in a group. Of course I was holding Michael's hand. Vanessa was there dressed in some long dress with her hair up in a bun, she seemed very excited that we were there. Michael had gotten her a gift and put my name on the tag to say that it was from the both of us. After small chit chat she went off to talk to everyone else. I was glad when she left us alone.

It seemed like she invited every popular celebrity known to man. The place was packed with them, and media. I remember hearing someone calling my name asking me how I knew Vanessa. I didn't know her very well. I just knew that she dated my boyfriend and that it didn't work out for the two of them. I think I remember Michael saying she was some kind of model. I don't know, I didn't care.

We all sat in a booth area. De was with Wayne (as usual). Leena was drinking so she could get a buzz on before she hit the dance floor. Nikki and Jojo was the two who didn't party that much. They liked to walk around and socialize. They were talking to a few of the people on our make up and style team.

I was sitting there quietly slightly laying against Michael as I sipped on lemonade. I was in no mood for a party, but then again when was I ever in the mood for anything? The music was blaring and I could tell that it was killing him just to sit there. Being that he loved to dance. He was tapping his foot like crazy." You know, you can go out and dance if you want."

He smiled down at me." Nope, I'm not going unless you are."

"Michael, I don't dance."

"That last video I saw you in tells me something different." He said as he stood up." Now stop being antisocial. I haven't seen you in sixth months."

I raised my eyebrow. " And?"

"And you need to loosen up some. Come on, Dimps!"

I smiled up at him." Okay, okay." I groaned as I stood up.

"Dimps?" De asked." Where'd that come from?" she laughed.

I turned to her. " Don't ask," I said as I began dusting off my white jeans.

" I just did,"

"Well I'm not gonna answer it." I replied, smartly.

" It's because of her dimples." Michael said as he wrapped his arms around my waste and kisses my cheek. Causing me to blush.